EXTENDED Footage from Tigger video clearly shows it was a setup!

juan

:rolleyes: People see what they want to see I guess. Or better yet, they see what they are told is "clearly" there. :rolleyes:

so am I missing something?

the video and audio DOES clearly show a few things
1) Mr. Monaco was doing something to Tigger's head prior to the incident - It's on the audio - you can't refute that

2) the kid had made a fist before the slap -- look at his right hand

3) If you pause and zoom in, you can see part of the kid's glove and a finger behind Tigger's neck
here's the shot from V_misses_Epcot's post http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=132568&page=55
isthatahand.jpg

4) the kid is laughing and smiling through the whole ordeal

Those are facts evident from the video -- everything else is theories

Nicole220

I was reading through the youtube comments and found an interesting one. One person noted Tiggers foot before the incident happens. His leg right next to the teen is planted, kind of like he is keeping him away.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
so am I missing something?

the video and audio DOES clearly show a few things
1) Mr. Monaco was doing something to Tigger's head prior to the incident - It's on the audio - you can't refute that

2) the kid had made a fist before the slap -- look at his right hand

3) If you pause and zoom in, you can see part of the kid's glove and a finger behind Tigger's neck
here's the shot from V_misses_Epcot's post http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=132568&page=55
isthatahand.jpg

4) the kid is laughing and smiling through the whole ordeal

Those are facts evident from the video -- everything else is theories

The title of this thread says that it "clearly shows it was a setup". That was a misleading title because the video doesn't "clearly show" anything that we didn't already know. The OP begins by listing a bunch questions like "What was the dad doing to Tigger's head". That's hardly evidence that "clearly shows" it was a setup. I honestly opened this thread expecting to see some new video had emerged, or some other compelling evidence. This is nothing new at all.

Had you not seen this video already? All you have to do is go to youtube and you'll find every version imaginable of this video. This is not the only one that includes a commentary by the way. There are others.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Confirmation Bias

I honestly don't mean any offense by this (though I'm sure there will be some who will be determined to interpret that way), but I think a lot of people posting on this thread are absolutely convinced that the video somehow "proves" something. I would suggest looking up the term "confirmation bias" and doing a little bit of reading on that topic. It might be an eye opener.

Likewise, I have a book recommendation for anyone with an open mind. It is called "Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer.

Again, no offense intended. And I'm honestly not trying to start any fights here. But I have to say, I do feel like the one guy defending someone against the angry mob at the Salem Witch Hunts. :wave:

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Chapps is just a troll trying to bait you all into getting excited. If everyone on a board ignores a troll.. they usually go away because they are only on a board to argue.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Chapps is just a troll trying to bait you all into getting excited. If everyone on a board ignores a troll.. they usually go away because they are only on a board to argue.

Or else he got up on the wrong side of the bed today, as all his posts today seem to be argumentative.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
I honestly don't mean any offense by this (though I'm sure there will be some who will be determined to interpret that way

Well it certainly didn't take long for my prediction to come true.

I've been posting for 4 1/2 years. Hardly a troll's style. :wave:

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Chapps,

Let's ask you a straightforward question . . .

What do you think Tigger should have done instead?

It would be hard to give a straightforward answer only because we don't know all of the facts. So I'll try to do it by using the "if" method...

If the CM truly was being choked, then it's possible that his natural instinct of self protection kicked in and he was just trying to stop the choking, rather than actually trying to strike at the kid. If that's the case, then I have no issues with what the CM did, but it's unfortunate that it appears otherwise.

If the CM had time to think about it and could have gotten out of the situation by another means, such as stepping away from the kid (i.e. It seems he could have moved a step to his left in order to get away from the kid), then I'd say he should have done that.

If the CM wasn't in any type of harm, but was merely just annoyed, and he was lashing out at the kid, then his action was unacceptable. Again, if he was just simply annoyed, I would think he could have just stepped away by taking a step to his left. I don't see how it was necessary to do what he did with his arm. I also think that if he was just worried that the kid was going to pull the costume head off, then he could have just grabbed the head himself and held it on.

Rockin Roller

and first of all if they are posing why would he film it why not use a camera.
the dad is filming it to be able to show that tigger "punched":hammer: that dork.

joanna71985

It would be hard to give a straightforward answer only because we don't know all of the facts. So I'll try to do it by using the "if" method...

If the CM truly was being choked, then it's possible that his natural instinct of self protection kicked in and he was just trying to stop the choking, rather than actually trying to strike at the kid. If that's the case, then I have no issues with what the CM did, but it's unfortunate that it appears otherwise.

If the CM had time to think about it and could have gotten out of the situation by another means, such as stepping away from the kid (i.e. It seems he could have moved a step to his left in order to get away from the kid), then I'd say he should have done that.

If the CM wasn't in any type of harm, but was merely just annoyed, and he was lashing out at the kid, then his action was unacceptable. Again, if he was just simply annoyed, I would think he could have just stepped away by taking a step to his left. I don't see how it was necessary to do what he did with his arm. I also think that if he was just worried that the kid was going to pull the costume head off, then he could have just grabbed the head himself and held it on.

Those are good points. But you're forgetting something. There were people down in front of him (the mother and the 2 little brothers). If he had wanted to step away, he would have knocked them over.

And 2nd, if he was being choked, he would not have had time to think to do something else, because he couldn't breathe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom