Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

drizgirl

I may be in the minority here but I like the idea. Getting from park to park in 30 minutes or less, not having to deal with bag check or security again, less walking, and at a reasonable price. If they really wanted to make me happy though, the fee should be included with a park hopper ticket or annual pass.

How are you going to get from park to park in 30 minutes when vans only come every 30 minutes?

And they do include it with park hoppers and annual passes. You'll find those buses at the park entrance.

drizgirl

I think this is another way for Disney to try to drive guests into Epcot, AK, and DHS. I am seeing a lot of posts where people are saying that these parks are 1/2 days. So I wonder if park hopper sales are down. I think it's safe to assume that most people who visit are going to the MK, but where else are they going? Are they staying on property?
Yup, all of the upsells look like acts of desperation....and it all started with the POS known as MDE

AHHHH!!!! Lightbulb moment.

I think you're on to something. The MK seems to be doing well, but the "fixes" for the other parks are a long way from being online and making any difference. I bet attendance is really down at the "lesser 3".

James Norrie

You people are hilarious! Whahhhhhh... A Multi-Billion Dollar CORPORATION is trying to make money... DUH! I'm glad the interwebs weren't around when you had to pay for the biggest upcharges of them all: A, B, C, D, & E RIDE TICKETS... This forum would implode! TDO's devotion is to their bottom line, not the customer. They have shareholders to answer to first, then stakeholders. Stop crying and realize that to some this may seem like a logical move to offer a more custom experience for a reasonable price (although 15/pp/pd is a little steep, 24/pp/los is a bargain), and others will argue that it is a crazy money grab. To each his own...

mwlillie

With all these value-add services being added there are only two things I can think of that justifies the lunacy behind them. One - Disney is trying to create an up-charge environment that matches the additional spend they get out of Disney Cruise Line patrons. Or, there is actual behind-the-scenes knowledge of an Iger departure date. And with this departure date a lot of current executives are trying a last ditch money grab to pad revenue and increase personal bonuses prior to being caught up in the post-Iger executive scuffle.

Last edited:

PanInFlight

i thought disney had strict rules about who could go backstage?

i know when i was in the band years ago, they were absolutely adamant that there be no kids on the buses, and warned that we may see characters not in complete costume.

just throwing this together without proper construction/planning is a TERRIBLE idea

if they built some kind of "bus stop" backstage, and like covered the windows of the buses with led screens that could show magical images when the bus is backstage, then a live feed of the outside once the bus leaves the backstage (code for secure side of security) this could be a great idea

Knowing people that work there I have already asked this question. They have already fixed this from happening. When entering Hollywood studios you are barely backstage for just 1 minute and you don't see anything more than you would in the queue line for coaster. Magic kingdom same thing, all you will see is a parking lot. Animal kingdom just trees, no backside of rides or anything. Epcot no more you would see if you drove your car onto backstage lane on accident to go towards the cast member parking lot. They aren't going to allow Guest to go into those really sensitive backstage areas.

James Norrie

As a DIS Shareholder, I don't see that as a problem. I didn't invest in a company that was sure to lose money by only paying attention to the numerous and varied opinions of their customers. I invested in a company that pays attention to the masses and has had a general growth in the last 5 years, with a future vision and plan to make more. I think so many people are so caught up in the World "as Walt saw it" and don't realize that WED was not a publicly traded company, and was able to make choices based off of one man's Amazing Vision. But, times have changed, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's my perception.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney has made a conscious decision (ala apple) to cater their product to the upper crust. They'll gladly take anyones money, but they'd rather take more money from people that will spend it. The only problem is that when people discover they're getting a cut rate product unlike apple (not looking for a fight) they will tend not to come back. Very self serving and short sited.

That's the worm in the apple, Apple regardless of what you think about them builds a top quality product which maintains it's value over time. Disney on the other hand has chosen to cheapen their product while raising the price point and MARKETING it as a 'Luxury' brand, Yet the inherent quality in a luxury brand is not apparent in Disney products and this strategy is going to hurt them badly.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But a lot of us live in areas where mass transportation is a joke, so we are not used to waiting for transportation. Also,I don't think this is going to reduce the wait times for the masses. I don't think they are going to increase the staffing they are just going to pull the bus drivers from ME and within the resort to staff this. Otherwise, they can't justify this.

Like one of the world's greatest works of fiction the MBTA schedules for Subway/Bus/Commuter Rail....

drizgirl

Or, there is actual behind-the-scenes knowledge of an Iger departure date. And with this departure date a lot of current executives are trying a last ditch money grab to pad revenue and increase personal bonuses prior to being caught up in the post-Iger executive scuffle.

I might have to change my mind on all of this and champion it if this is what's up.

drizgirl

As a DIS Shareholder, I don't see that as a problem. I didn't invest in a company that was sure to lose money by only paying attention to the numerous and varied opinions of their customers. I invested in a company that pays attention to the masses and has had a general growth in the last 5 years, with a future vision and plan to make more. I think so many people are so caught up in the World "as Walt saw it" and don't realize that WED was not a publicly traded company, and was able to make choices based off of one man's Amazing Vision. But, times have changed, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's my perception.

A company has a problem when what they are doing is more exciting for shareholders than customers. Eventually you need full fledged customer excitement which translates into shareholder excitement.

jt04

I would recommend a ticket booklet for AP holders. Price should be based on quantity. 1 ticket is $15. 7 ticket booklet is $24. 30 ticket booklet is $40. Etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom