News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

photomatt

My interpretation:

Troy Porter was getting insider info about Disney without their knowledge, and now they know because of the article.

If this is true, and many of us here read and benefited from Al's column, don't you think we should agree that there is no reason to continue this? Don't you think it's reasonable that we should stop this and just close the threads?

The Synder article is not true. It hurt innocent people that didn't deserve it. I think we owe it to the people needlessly hurt and defamed by this just to end the discussion and move on.

andysol

If this is true, and many of us here read and benefited from Al's column, don't you think we should agree that there is no reason to continue this? Don't you think it's reasonable that we should stop this and just close the threads?

Why? Troy himself is downright giddy and “hasn’t laughed this hard in years”.

Edit: just had an “aha” moment.
Troy Porter is real.
You thought @TP2000 was Troy Porter, as did Spirit/dreamfinder.
You realized @TP2000 isn’t *that* Troy Porter and hence the apology.
Real Troy Porter is F’d up a creek.

Last edited:

britain

The Synder article is not true. It hurt innocent people that didn't deserve it. I think we owe it to the people needlessly hurt and defamed by this just to end the discussion and move on.

Who are the innocent people it hurt? Sorry, I don’t follow.

Animaniac93-98

This sentence makes it sound like Troy did use Al as a pen name, but...

If what I theorized is the truth than it's unfortunate, but I think the cat is out of the bag as it were in this case.

It didn't deserve to happen, but now that it has I don't think we can just pretend it didn't.

If nothing else it's a cautionary tale about leaking information online, because it's not just the company itself you have to worry about.

Chupaca Bruh

This is all like an Alice in Wonderland psycho trip movie with many climaxes, each one blowing the earlier out of the water. What will the ending be?

AndyS2992

Does anyone have a screengrab of The Walrus's original post? The whole thread was deleted along with the screenshots

flynnibus

Premium Member
You know it could be that “Troy Porter” is not TP2000, but was still Al’s source and is now in very deep trouble. That’s the vibe I’m currently getting, it would also explain photomatts quick reversal. However, I continue to have no inside sources.

That's where I am at. Pinning tp2000 was a WAG based on paranoia. But the story on who was leaking to al could have merit... if you remove much of the hyperbole. My take at least so far...

BrianLo

Why? Troy himself is downright giddy and “hasn’t laughed this hard in years”.

Edit: just had an “aha” moment.
Troy Porter is real.
You thought @TP2000 was Troy Porter, as did Spirit/dreamfinder.
You realized @TP2000 isn’t *that* Troy Porter and hence the apology.
Real Troy Porter is F’d up a creek.

Bingo

Micechat has really done themselves way more harm then good.

Someone DID ghost write Al-like columns after he publicly left, they were all the post DCA 2.0 articles authored by Mice Age Staff, this wasn’t a secret.

It’s reasonable to assume Troy is real. If Mice Chat would just be more forthcoming they could dig themselves out of the hole.

EPCOT View

How to make this whole drama even funnier: Imagine this all kicking off at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey, Chapek and Iger on one side and everyone else on the other and there's just this huge shouting match going on as the happy park music plays.
It would be like the Gunfight at the Old Corral ( Or the good, the bad and the mickey ears ) but with Mainstreet USA or Frontierland as the backdrop. One side could be brandishing Turkey legs and the other side dole whips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom