News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

jt04

It’s all a huge mess, which is partly why I posted the story with no commentary. I don’t know any of these people and don’t know enough to make comments.

It is an orchestrated scam.

As was the obi-wan leak. The attempt to undercut TLK. The doom and gloom of Tp2000. Timed just before d23. Total larp. From the outside in. Spirit gonna spirit.

Believe none of this absurdity.

eddie104

It is an orchestrated scam.

As was the obi-wan leak. The attempt to undercut TLK. The doom and gloom of Tp2000. Timed just before d23. Total larp. From the outside in. Spirit gonna spirit.

Believe none of this absurdity.
One thing you can take from this is to never believe everything you read. I’m not saying the article is 100 percent factual but the evidence is there.

Animaniac93-98

And the only thread on it there has been closed with only 4 posts.

Dusty after reading the article

MildFickleBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

doctornick

Ok, but I thought half of the article was common knowledge: Lutz was being used by Save Disney, which was being used by Iger to become CEO back in 2005. That part was more or less assumed at the time wasn't it?

Well, I guess the new revelations were that he was directly being manipulated/sock puppet for Iger and Zenia as opposed by others concerned in the company who might have not been connected to Iger.

Also, the new info is what Lutz wasn't even writing the articles but was just passing on direct Disney PR pieces. To me honest, I'm still skeptical of that claim, even if I largely believe the premise. I think the information was passed to Lutz, but that he probably still posted in his own voice. But I could be wrong, that's just my gut feeling - I think Snyder has a pretty strong agenda in this as well.

The timely part of the expose is re-emergence of Lutz to criticize Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge's short comings. Note the thrust of Al's article wasn't that the whole expansion was a bad idea (sorry Disney Era Star Wars haters). It's that "Chapek cut the good stuff". That's the take away.

Sure. The recent Lutz article was clearly a hit piece on Chapek specifically.

So this Snyder article essentially digs up the old Iger-SaveDisney-Lutz assumption, names Porter, and paints Iger/Zenia as the real villains. And - implied - that Iger should get the blame for SW:GE short comings.

Who benefits from this? Chapek, who'd like to have some face saved in case he doesn't present at D23 and as he negotiates for some role at a different company.

Yeah, it almost seems like Chapek would be behind this new release or at least encouraging it. IT certainly takes the negative press off of him and puts it on Zenia/Iger.

Still, while this may seem massive on a fansite like this, I doubt any of this info makes any difference at all in the "real world".

I'm just fascinated as to who is going to lead the Parks presentation this weekend.

jt04

Well, I guess the new revelations were that he was directly being manipulated/sock puppet for Iger and Zenia as opposed by others concerned in the company who might have not been connected to Iger.

Also, the new info is what Lutz wasn't even writing the articles but was just passing on direct Disney PR pieces. To me honest, I'm still skeptical of that claim, even if I largely believe the premise. I think the information was passed to Lutz, but that he probably still posted in his own voice. But I could be wrong, that's just my gut feeling - I think Snyder has a pretty strong agenda in this as well.

Sure. The recent Lutz article was clearly a hit piece on Chapek specifically.

Yeah, it almost seems like Chapek would be behind this new release or at least encouraging it. IT certainly takes the negative press off of him and puts it on Zenia/Iger.

Still, while this may seem massive on a fansite like this, I doubt any of this info makes any difference at all in the "real world".

I'm just fascinated as to who is going to lead the Parks presentation this weekend.

Hook, line and sinker.

doctornick

The lid’s been blown off. This isn’t a tin foil hat convention. This is real, and now we know why a certain Spirit would regularly refer to “Zenia and her flying monkeys” controlling the online dialogue.

And as I always said... so? Of course a giant corporation's communications department is going to try to control the PR message as much as possible through any avenue possible. How is that even a slight surprise? Zenia wouldn't be doing her job if she wan't trying to influence online bloggers.

The bombshell in this piece (if accurate) is that Zenia was using the influence specifically to orchestrate Iger's rise to power and to use the blogsphere to manipulate personnel issues within TWDC rather than just to control the opinions of the public.

doctornick

Would Bob ever put Zenia on stage in public to soften her image and make her look like a fan helping to protect the Disney image?

Well, I don't think you do any action that implies these claims are real. Acknowledging them in any way gives them credence, so it is better to ignore them as irrational and incorrect ramblings.

I mean, you could try to get her out front in public, but it couldn't be done in a way that seems like a reaction to these claims.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And as I always said... so? Of course a giant corporation's communications department is going to try to control the PR message as much as possible through any avenue possible. How is that even a slight surprise? Zenia wouldn't be doing her job if she wan't trying to influence online bloggers.

The bombshell in this piece (if accurate) is that Zenia was using the influence specifically to orchestrate Iger's rise to power and to use the blogsphere to manipulate personnel issues within TWDC rather than just to control the opinions of the public.

Well two things... not that she wasn't just trying to do PR... but was actively placing sock puppets is pretty materially significant. It's one thing to influence and steer... it's something different to ghost write and then falsify your position.

and as @the.dreamfinder stated... their hands on role in fueling savedisney for THEIR agenda... is a new plot line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom