News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

GlacierGlacier

I’m generally curious what is going on with that project ? Like why is it on hold along with other vital Epcot ideas and projects :(
Because nobody at Disney knows what to do with Epcot right now. They're burning a ton of cash with new additions, but they don't want to sink anything more into it until they have a single overarching plan laid out. They teased the old blue-sky art way too early, and now that the plans have changed they're not saying anything about it.

All speculation, naturally.

eddie104

Because nobody at Disney knows what to do with Epcot right now. They're burning a ton of cash with new additions, but they don't want to sink anything more into it until they have a single overarching plan laid out. They teased the old blue-sky art way too early, and now that the plans have changed they're not saying anything about it.

All speculation, naturally.
Which is very interesting considering the fact the new Illuminations show is suppose to set the tone of the new direction the park is going in. I don't understand how with all these creative people working for them they can't figure out a good plan to go with it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Which is very interesting considering the fact the new Illuminations show is suppose to set the tone of the new direction the park is going in. I don't understand how with all these creative people working for them they can't figure out a good plan to go with it.

Probably because the creative people have no say in planning. It's all upper level management.

SirLink

I now know of five distinctly different plans. And that’s just me.

And a fair few false starts a bit like Studios Makeover hullabaloo.

Its again another issue imagine what happens to Festivals if instead of drawing punters to pay money at booths they introduced prixe-fixe menus at all restaurants for the festival seasons in Epcot:
  • the mid of March to end of May
  • the mid of September to end of October
  • the mid of November to end of December
To allow work to be carried out and to open up walkways. This is one of several plans to still have festivals even when the work is being carried out. Even heard from high up guy that Starbucks in one plan would move into the Odyssey for a couple of years whilst they fix the spine and built them their new venue to operate.

jt04

Future World needs a 2032 plan not an MK 50th anniversary plan.

If they want to sink money into Epcot for the MKs 50th then WS seems a more logical place.

GotG is in my opinion a great first step towards 2032.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom