News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe they are just gonna build some more infrastructure for the solar plant. Maybe unground lines and power storage facilities? They could just be measuring the thermal resistivity of soils or backfill materials required for underground transmission lines to say a solar energy storage facility?

Or something even dumber, more roads and ramps?
It's a big pond to compensate for building work elsewhere.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe they are just gonna build some more infrastructure for the solar plant. Maybe unground lines and power storage facilities? They could just be measuring the thermal resistivity of soils or backfill materials required for underground transmission lines to say a solar energy storage facility?

Or something even dumber, more roads and ramps?

The permit clearly says it's for a storm water retention pond.

bclane

How about a resort that looks like this:

Horizons mural.jpg

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/b...al-the-prologue-and-the-promise-high-res.html

Millionaire2K

The permit clearly says it's for a storm water retention pond.

Didn't a similar company do the same work for a water retention pond for the World Drive ramps at the MK?

"Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants, Inc. (GEC) is pleased to provide this 60% Report of Roadway Soil Survey for the above-referenced project. The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate soil and groundwater conditions along the project alignment and at associated stormwater pond sites and to use the information obtained to develop geotechnical engineering recommendations to guide design and construction of the proposed improvements.

This report describes our exploration procedures, exhibits the data obtained and presents our conclusions and recommendations regarding the geotechnical engineering aspects of this project. The information in this report is subject to change as project plans develop."

FOWTcK6.jpg

Seems similar.

Last edited:

Just4Pics

There's four Resort proposals around the edge of Epcot that I know of. I expect one or possibly two to happen.

Do you think it will have it's own monorail station on the Epcot line? That would seem like a good idea if it's going to be a deluxe resort.

The Empress Lilly

I'd imagine anything built in this area will be more fitting for the area as a whole and not a misplaced IP.

Especially if it were to become the parks entrance.
Ka-boom!

Hmm...in principle, a hotel has always been the center of EPCOT...

But my main experience, my point of reference, is DLP, where the hotel is really built too close to the entrance of the park. I also fear for SSE, for the view of SSE from within the park, the single most important sight of the park. SSE should stand alone against the sky, like a celestial body.

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

Epcots monorail station will probably be within walking distance.
So it would be near the bus station, as well? I think that's a huge benefit. Dinner at Jiko? Hop right on the AKL bus. Drinks at Trader Sam's? Monorail to the TTC and walk to the Polynesian.
Is this the best thing for Epcot's entrance? Obviously not. But I could see this being a very popular resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom