Expiration of DDP meal credits

sbkline

Original Poster
I know this has been brought up before, but I can't remember for sure what the answer is, so I'll ask again.

We plan to check in on a Monday. The time depends on what time we shove off the previous day and how far we drive the previous day. But presumably, we will only be using our table service meal for that night's stay on check in day, leaving us with an extra snack and counter service. Of course, Tuesday-Sunday, we will use all of our credits for those respective days. So, when we check out Monday morning, we will still have a snack and counter service to use. Now my question is, did those expire at midnight on Sunday, since Sunday was the last night of my stay, or do they expire midnight of Monday, since that is the day we checked out? Can we check out Monday, then hit the food court for some late breakfast/early lunch, on the DDP, before heading home?

PotteryGal

The DP credits expire on midnight of the day you check out, so yes, you can get food to go as you head back home.
Have a great vacation - I still have to wait till November :( !

spike595

The credits expire at midnight on the day that you check out. So if you check out on Monday you have until midnight Mon. to use up whatever credits you have left. Most people buy up snacks and whatever and take them with them for the trip home. Nothing like packing up a mickey rice krispy treat in your kids school lunch when you get home.:lol:

sbkline

Original Poster
The DP credits expire on midnight of the day you check out, so yes, you can get food to go as you head back home.
Have a great vacation - I still have to wait till November :( !

Thanks, but notice that I said we check in on "A" Monday, not THIS Monday. You're actually going sooner than we, as we don't go until April. So turn that frown upside down. :lol: Or better yet, give it to me, since I need it worse than you.:p

sbkline

Original Poster
The credits expire at midnight on the day that you check out. So if you check out on Monday you have until midnight Mon. to use up whatever credits you have left. Most people buy up snacks and whatever and take them with them for the trip home. Nothing like packing up a mickey rice krispy treat in your kids school lunch when you get home.:lol:

Thanks. :wave:

Now, since my question has been answered and there is now no more use for this thread, before it sinks into oblivion, I have an off topic question. Do you get receipts for everything you buy on the DDP, so as to add it all up and see how much you did or did not save by using the DDP?

spike595

When you use your card, they give you a receipt with how many credits you used for that meal as well as a balance of any remaining credits you have. They also give the dollar amount for what you would've paid for the meal if you hadn't had the DDP.

PotteryGal

Thanks, but notice that I said we check in on "A" Monday, not THIS Monday. You're actually going sooner than we, as we don't go until April. So turn that frown upside down. :lol: Or better yet, give it to me, since I need it worse than you.:p

:animwink::animwink::animwink::animwink: Sorry about that! I'll let you know how the DP works for us!

Lucky

Thanks. :wave:

Now, since my question has been answered and there is now no more use for this thread, before it sinks into oblivion, I have an off topic question. Do you get receipts for everything you buy on the DDP, so as to add it all up and see how much you did or did not save by using the DDP?
Yes, I saved them all for that purpose. I haven't taken the time yet to add it up carefully, but I think I had estimated $1150 or so for the receipts. We had 2 kids plus 2 adults for 8 days of free dining. A paid plan would have cost about $800, or $100 per day. When we were not on the plan in previous trips, we typically spent a little under $100 per day, because we would do a table service meal only once every two days or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom