Expert help

jasonchas

I want to go to WDW in Feb. When is the best and cheapest time to go? Moderate or value resorts is fine (however I’ve never stayed in one). We are thinking about Pop to save some money. Thanks for your help.

JPVonDrake

jasonchas said:
I want to go to WDW in Feb. When is the best and cheapest time to go? Moderate or value resorts is fine (however I’ve never stayed in one). We are thinking about Pop to save some money. Thanks for your help.

The least expensive time to come is during Value Seasons. Its also the quietest time to visit the parks with the shortest waits for the attractions. Remember, your rate is always based on your arrival date only, and remains the same for each night of your stay. If you check-in during Value Season and stay thru to a Peak or Regular Season, your nightly rate will still be based on the Value Season price for every night of your vacation. The Value Seasons for 2006 are:

Value and Moderate Resorts:

January 1 - February 15
August 27 - October 4
November 26 - December 19

For Deluxe Resorts and Vacation Club Properties:

January 1 - February 15
July 5 - October 4
November 26 - December 19

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

Value season technically starts Jan. 1 and thus hotel prices will reflect that. HOWEVER, if you have flexibility, don't go until a little later.

--Avoid the first week of January (hold-over from Christmas holiday).
--Avoid time around Martin Luther King Day (people have a 3-day weekend and make it longer)
--Avoid late Feb. (some schools have early spring breaks which gives a little mini-rush)

My point---anytime in Jan/Feb is a GREAT time to go, BUT IF you have flexibility, then make it late Jan/ early Feb!

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Saving money = staying at a Value resort - Saving even more money = stay off property.

Ask yourself - what do you want from your hotel ? If its just somewhere to hang your clothes and sleep at night then stay off property and save as much money as possible - this money can then enhance your enjoyment when your in the parks.
If you want a Disney resort with Disney theming and your going to be spending time at the resort then consider a Value first - you'll still be saving money over the Moderates

Upvote 0

wdw queen

Feb is a great time to go... Not too busy... not too cold. We have never stayed at a value resort. Carribean beach is great. Not too expensive... (moderate resort)... has great pools (heated)... a beach (but that may be my thing :eek: )... and a decent food court with a sit down reteraunt placed strategically inside.

You will have fun no matter when you go... but in Feb. you'll save some $ too!! :sohappy:

You could also stay outside the park and still have a minimal drive (or take a shuttle). We stayed at La Quinta Lakeside (named something else now I think) for about 50/night, maybe less,once in April. There was less than a 10 min drive to most of the parks, and the hotel actualy backs up to Animal Kingdom property.

So if you want to really save money... go for a hotel near, but outside, parks or in Kissimee St. Cloud. There are litterally hundreds of hotels in this area from 30 - 60 $/night to 150 - 300 $/night.

But if you want the whole Disney experience and are willing to pay a little bit more, I suggest staying inside one of the parks.

Upvote 0

imamouse

A Value Resort, such as PC, during Value Season will be about the same, and can be less, than staying off property. Unless $5 - $10/night makes a difference to your budget, then I recommend staying on property. You will be a part of the magic every waking moment, and no one delivers service like Disney!

I've stayed at all of the Value Resorts and most of the Moderates, and [to me] it comes down to how much time you will be spending at your resort vs in the parks. If you will be taking a toddler back for a mid-day nap, then the moderates might get the nod. However, I have never been disappointed at a value. PC is the newest, so I'd recommend giving it a try. Enjoy your stay
:wave:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Actually if you book right now for this Feb. you will save money on the discounted pkg that is out. I do have quite a few clients booked on it. You really should not wait though since booking ends on Dec. 18.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom