Experience Wonders of Life - Tribute Video Now Available!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Thanks!

I have videos planned so far for Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress. . . in hopes that they may end in the exact OPPOSITE of the WoL tribute! *cross your fingers!*

I do have SOME Timekeeper footage, wish I had more. Sadly this may close before I'd get a chance to actually document it as it should be. :(

imagineer boy

General Grizz said:
Thanks!

I have videos planned so far for Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress. . . in hopes that they may end in the exact OPPOSITE of the WoL tribute! *cross your fingers!*

Sounds great! I can't wait for those videos! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Perhaps maybe for the SSE video, you could mention something about it being rotated every year. :lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Sounds great! I can't wait for those videos! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Perhaps maybe for the SSE video, you could mention something about it being rotated every year. :lol:
Martin (Marni) also has a Spaceship Earth video out. . . but his is the 1986 version. I hope to get my two takes of the attraction edited together and patched with the master audio and narration. These versions were taken last summer when we first heard about the Gemini rumors.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Indeed not. . . it may be a server glitch. I will be out of town this weekend, so if it is a bandwith issue, I'll see what I can settle Monday. I apologize. :(

bsandersjr

Although I did not see the wonders of life as that great of an attraction, I did enjoy it, and your video was awesome! Great work!
:sohappy:

Thorphin

I've seen lots of these tribute videos on the Internet this past year or two, and I've got to say that they are probably the most depressing things... but soooo unbelievably cherished. I have always loved Cranium Command, but sped through the rest of the pavilion, but after so many of my favorites have vanished, I should learn to spend more time on the hidden favorites. I think what is so sickening is the the way the Disney simply lets attractions fade and die out slowly, painfully, and without a single word of encouragement. But, I don't want to start another management bashing thread here.

Thanks again for spending the time to create a great tribute video. Kudos and keep it up! (As an aside, perhaps you could share info about the software you used to compile the video so that other readers might be able to create videos with their own footage?)

Thanks,
Jack :(

General Grizz

Original Poster
Thorpin - sorry it affected you that way, I tried to end it "bittersweet." :) I created it with Pinnacle video software.

Glad you loved it, Tigger and bsand. :)

ILOVEDISNEY

Thanx for the memories. I had a tear in my eye. Did you have to get permission from WDW? Do you have any other wonderful videos?

Grizz are you associated with WDW? You seem to have a lot of respect on this site; not to mention your thousands of posts.

P.S. Is Herbert Hardcore in Cranium Command "The Michael"? We have never seen CC. It is either closed or has a sign that says will be playing in a hour and my wife won't wait.

SewIn2Disney

That was amazing! It seemed so professional, and I loved how you edited in footage from the vacation planning videos...nice touch!

One problem, I had to watch it in chunks as I have a slow connection and I had to wait for it to "buffer" every few minutes. Is there any way I could download it to my computer and watch it in one set?
Thanks!

General Grizz

Original Poster
No, I am not associated with Walt Disney World, but I am glad you enjoyed the video!

Sew -- I can send you the video through AIM. I'll give you a buzz when I see you on. :)

Kwit35

Good job. Very sad, but inspiring. Haven't read all the posts here, but, if it has not already been asked...what editor did you use to put the video together? Just curious.

*edit* Oops, now I see, Pinnicle.

matt88mph

Wow. I just saw this video, and I was extremely impressed. Very good, yet bittersweet, ending. (I was expecting the background music at the end to go beep...beep...beep...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, and then fall silent.) I like your chronologicalization of its unfortunate downfall. Perhaps, one of the Disney brass will see this, and realize that people like us want WOL open. Once again, long live General Grizz, and LONG LIVE WONDERS OF LIFE!!!!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Thanks! Glad you liked it. I need to update the video. . . to show what we found out has REALLY happened at Wonders of Life (daily operation w/o guests, socials, tax write-offs, "sabotage. . . ")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom