Expedition Everest

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
"LIM" stands for "Linear Induction Motor"
(AKA...the launch on Rock N Rollercoaster...

Ummmmm...
I don't mean to be overly picky, but RnRC does not use LIMs.
RnRC uses LSM, linear synchronous motors.
The easiest way to tell is to look for the metal "fins" that stick out of the bottom of the trains to activate the LIMs. Not there on LSMs.

Ok, carry on.........

AkEverestAK

Snow

Another piece of information that i left out about the attraction. This ride will have snow falling when you climb the mountain. I read this when they first announced the attraction. So when you aer near the top, snow will be on the mountain and will have the effect of falling around you. (not sure how they are going to do this, except its disney magic!)
Anyway, all i read was that snow would be falling in this attraction. Take that however you want, becuase i really dont know when. i would assume at the top of the hill, but i dont see how they could do that. ( and i doubt it would be snowing in the mountain.)
any ideas how?

raven

Originally posted by kurros
Err... Space Mountain?

Uh...no. That's just a rollercoaster in the dark. A dark ride is that like Peter Pan, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, HM, Buzz, And many in Epcot and AK.

The combo was to have a coaster slow down to see scenes then take off again. That's what EE is supposed to be.

raven

Re: Snow

Originally posted by AkEverestAK
Another piece of information that i left out about the attraction. This ride will have snow falling when you climb the mountain. I read this when they first announced the attraction. So when you aer near the top, snow will be on the mountain and will have the effect of falling around you. (not sure how they are going to do this, except its disney magic!)
Anyway, all i read was that snow would be falling in this attraction. Take that however you want, becuase i really dont know when. i would assume at the top of the hill, but i dont see how they could do that. ( and i doubt it would be snowing in the mountain.)
any ideas how?

There are snow machines made for theatrical purposes that makes a foam-based snow that desolves quickly. Only problem is they tend to leave residue everywhere.

Djali999

so, it will be like Matterhorn. as you reach the top of the Matterhorn lift, there's an odd little projection of snow falling on some scrims...

anyone know if there'll be a scene where you go through a dark cave, some glowing eyes light up in front of you, and there's a loud roar? :D

I still think they should just use the Harold AA. or the World's Thinnest Polar Bear from Malestrom!!! he's tall! :lol:

Pixie Duster

I think it was Winter 2006 or if we are lucky Fall 2005.

Btw guys, as I drove by the site today there were a good bunch of steel beams and possibly steel tracks :), at least that's what they looked like. They were behind the Kali area, but that area has been a little lot for materials belonging to Everest.

Creekboy25

While on the subject of everest, I thought it would be fun to mention I have the day off school today because of 6 inches of snow and freezing rain!! :sohappy:

Tomorrow is supposed to bring more snow.... I welcome it!!

But I must say, it would be nice to be in Florida where it is 81 degrees!!!

Oh well...

*sorry for the thread drift*

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by Creekboy25
While on the subject of everest, I thought it would be fun to mention I have the day off school today because of 6 inches of snow and freezing rain!! :sohappy:

Tomorrow is supposed to bring more snow.... I welcome it!!

But I must say, it would be nice to be in Florida where it is 81 degrees!!!

Oh well...

*sorry for the thread drift*

Pheh.. snow storms here.

As for the ride, it sounds like my style... not too fast.. but not too slow. Suppose I'm a bit of a baby. Although, I did go on the Kracken at Seaworld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom