Expedition: EVEREST to open in January

Sir Hiss527

I mean Disney can do anything when they set there minds to it. I am not setting my hopes on this ride too much..to tell you the truth. But I mean we are bickering on when this ride is going to open up..we have no clue. If it says opening 2006, start expecting around February.

Lynx04

Yeah, you guys are right. I think above all, I am trying to convince myself that it may open in Dec '05. I have alway been a skeptic of the attraction even doing soft openings before Feb '06. But with how far they have come in the past two months, my opinion has some what shifted. It just seems over the past couple of weeks, Disney has kicked into high gear, almost as if they have seen the possibility of getting the attaction open and running before the crowded christmas holiday.

Pirate665

Not all of it's done. We'll see. IMHO I don't think EE will be doing soft openings by december, but you never know. As for everything else, I could be right I could be wrong. Don't know. All I know is automotive. I'm not a contractor or roller coaster tech. But I do know that in the automotive field, the electrical system is planned when the engine is produced as well as the acessories. So I have no clue what it's like in the construction trade. But I don't see a winter opening. Spring is possible, but I have a feeling they'll make us wait till summer. The big season. Be able to get lots of money and merchandising off the summer hords.

askmike1

netenyahoo said:
I wouldn't trust anything from ABC News regarding the parks. The description on my TIVO for Good Morning America today says that WDW is celebrating its 50th. Watching a bit of GMA today, according to Diane Sawyer today is the 50th Anniversery of Disneyland. You would think that news people in the same company could get their facts straight. Wait until things are confirmed and dates released about Everest.
I could be wrong, but I believe this would be Tivo's fault. I think they make the descriptions. All the other guides give the right info (tvguide.com, zap2it.com, etc). Again though, I could be wrong. If anything, I would trust ABCNews since they are owned by Disney.

-Michael

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the ride is not going to be unveiled and opened during some of the slowest times for attendance. it's going to opened right before the big summer push. I'm betting an April or May release date. that's my opinion, I'm probably wrong, but that's how the hype is typically created down here.

askmike1

Ralph Wiggum said:
the ride is not going to be unveiled and opened during some of the slowest times for attendance.
Remember though, Mission: Space & Philharmagic were opened during off season.

-Michael

dxwwf3

askmike1 said:
Remember though, Mission: Space & Philharmagic were opened during off season.

-Michael

Took the words right out of my mouth. Also add Stitch's Great Escape to the list. October previews with a November opening if memory serves me right.

Pirate665

Ralph Wiggum said:
the ride is not going to be unveiled and opened during some of the slowest times for attendance. it's going to opened right before the big summer push. I'm betting an April or May release date. that's my opinion, I'm probably wrong, but that's how the hype is typically created down here.

I'd agree. Summer is when the teens have off for more time too. So alot more vaction time to spend. I only see more dollars in it if they do a summer opening. But, I agree with an earlier post that I wish I could see when the project is contracted to finish. I wouldn't be too surprised if it's in the April zone.

askmike1

As for opening dates, I think it makes more sense to open in the off season.
1) Improves attendence during this time (it would have already been crowded in peak times)
2) Allows time for them to tweak the ride if it needs tweaking. Case in point: SGE

-Michael

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
I agree with your point about improving attendance. but most vacations are booked long before the announcement of a ride-op. but on the flipside, the tweaking during the fall months creates buzz for those planning their next year's vacation. we'll see when we see. that's what it comes down to in the end. don't take your money to Vegas on it. :)

The_CEO

Ralph Wiggum said:

But it makes more sense to let soft openings be in the winter so they don't over stress the ride at first. We see how well Soarin lasted during it's Spring Break Soft Openings..

1disneydood

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
You guys forgot about putting the Yeti in. That will take some time to put in and wire up.

He could be in there already for all we know. The WDWmagic members who are "in the know" would be opening themselves up for a shipload of bugging and aggrivation if they even hinted that the yeti was there, so don't expect to hear any news on that from our members just yet. ;) right ;)

If the yeti is huge it needs to go in before the mountain is fully closed up. It looks pretty closed to me. Unless there's some sort of giant hidden door somewhere. What do I know. :veryconfu

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
1disneydood said:
He could be in there already for all we know. The WDWmagic members who are "in the know" would be opening themselves up for a shipload of bugging and aggrivation if they even hinted that the yeti was there, so don't expect to hear any news on that from our members just yet. ;) right ;)

If the yeti is huge it needs to go in before the mountain is fully closed up. It looks pretty closed to me. Unless there's some sort of giant hidden door somewhere. What do I know. :veryconfu

The Animatronic is still in California, and will not be onsite until later this year(fall). It will be disassembled in California, and assembled on site inside the mountain during installation, so there is no problem with closing up the mountain.

WDW_Sam

This ride should be so so so so cool.. Being chased by the Yeti inside a mountain, an 80ft drop, all good things...

Sam

mraw

Mission Himalayas?

I keep reading Mission Himalayas... have they changed the surname of the attraction from "Legend of the Forbidden Mountain"? I realize that Maleficent's castle is on Forbidden Mountain, and if they've changed the name, I wonder if it has anything to do with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom