Expedition Everest Thrill Factor?

chimo2u

Original Poster
hmm I think some of you are putting way too much thought into it.. Just enjoy!
No, I thank everyone for taking the time to think through their responses, because I like to analyze every point given in order to make a very informed decision. I think I will just try space mountain again and see how I do now that I am 20 yrs older :) If I am still standing and ok after that, then I may try EE. I am getting much more cautious as I get older, so I will just have to see how it goes. Thanks so much for all the comments, it is really helping!!!
Marie

EpcotServo

No, I thank everyone for taking the time to think through their responses, because I like to analyze every point given in order to make a very informed decision. I think I will just try space mountain again and see how I do now that I am 20 yrs older :) If I am still standing and ok after that, then I may try EE. I am getting much more cautious as I get older, so I will just have to see how it goes. Thanks so much for all the comments, it is really helping!!!
Marie

Just know that nowadays, Space Mountain is now 1000 times more scary than Everest!

brucie

if you can do space and splash you will have no problem with EE, TT and RnR are absolutely more intense then these ones!

Scooter

I have ridden all the rides mentioned in this thread ,and I think the backwards part of EE makes it extremely intense... much more so than Space Mountain or RocknRoller coaster.

It's one thing to go forward fast. Going forward on any ride/attraction just feels like the natural way to go.

Going backwards fast, however, makes the ride WAY more intense for several reasons.

First of all, it feels unnatural thus making it feel as if you have totally lost control of whats happening around you.
Secondly, you can't see whats coming, and that in itself is terrifying to a lot of people.

If something goes wrong, or starts to go wrong, I like to see it coming. When you are going backwards on EE, even for a short time, it totally makes you feel more out of control and helpless.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from riding EE. I just want them to know that EE, is indeed an intense thrill ride that isn't for the faint of heart.

SonicRuin

Is this ride overly scary as a roller coaster? I am somewhat cautious as i get older :lol:, I will attempt the occasional coaster, as long as there are no upside down loops or overly large drops. I know my husband and kids will probably be trying to drag me on this! I have no problem doing Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Space mountain (I did when I was 20 about 17 yrs ago when i visited DL in california). It was ok back then, but for some reason, I feel I'll have to even talk myself onto it again this time! I told you, I'm getting really cautious. I just don't get a thrill out of being really scared. I don't want to be a party pooper and not try it if the family wants to, but I also don't want to be scared to tears! Can you give me an honest opinion of the scariness of this coaster ride? Two rides I DEFINITELY will be bypassing are: Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror!!! Now those are definitely out of my league!!!:eek::eek:
Marie

To be honest with you, I am NOT a roller coaster fan, but I loved Rockin Roller Coaster. For me I don't like heights, but I love loops, and RRC is full of them. I did NOT enjoy Space Mountain though.

No power on earth or anywhere else could get me to go on Tower Of Terror though. No way.

chimo2u

Original Poster
Just know that nowadays, Space Mountain is now 1000 times more scary than Everest!

Are you telling me Space Mountain has changed since I rode it in 1990? if so, gee, I don't even know If I'll be able to gather the courage for that! :confused:
I want to try things with my family, but I am so scared of being freaked out totally, I don't want to be a party pooper, but I also don't want to be miserable on a ride. I think I've decided EE is too much for me to want to try due to the backwards thing, but I am double guessing myself on Space mountain now too!! :veryconfu Geez, I wish I was more adventurous and not such a baby

EpcotServo

Are you telling me Space Mountain has changed since I rode it in 1990? if so, gee, I don't even know If I'll be able to gather the courage for that! :confused:
I want to try things with my family, but I am so scared of being freaked out totally, I don't want to be a party pooper, but I also don't want to be miserable on a ride. I think I've decided EE is too much for me to want to try due to the backwards thing, but I am double guessing myself on Space mountain now too!! :veryconfu Geez, I wish I was more adventurous and not such a baby

Space Mountain is now older, and pretty rough IMHO. Take it from someone who use to not ride ANY Thrill Rides, you should REALLY give Everest a try! I think you'll love it! The backwards part is in the dark anyways, and the drop is like a smooth Splash Mountain that's over in a shorter time. Something that helped me: Every day, THOUSANDS of little kids ride it. So you can't summon up ONE ride? You just have to remember that you're going faster, higher, and dropping farther than ANY ride at WDW just on the AIRPLANE ride there!

You can do it! Don't worry about it, and you'll feel great after it's done!
:wave:

lorenita

naah EE is..nothing..i mean...i was smiling the whole ride...it didnt make me scream ..i felt worst the space mountain...with EE i was like...is that it??
i loovee...theee rc of universal...sorry not disney but the hulk one is awesome...and my favourite rc in DW is the space mountain because the lights and everything wakes it feels that you are going faster than you are!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom