Expedition Everest "Secret"....

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by WaltDisney
is space mountain going to be getting new 2 seater cars?
Not that you will be able to read this response, but...no. And the new trains on that site are not for Space Mountain in Paris. The site told the Disneyland Resort Paris to look into getting those trains, but with the current financial situation at that Resort, I would not expect new trains any time soon.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
I would not expect new trains any time soon.

Quite true...

But, they will be getting new wheelsets for their trains which should help the roughness that developed in the last few years.

MeTa

I just whpped this up to give an idea of what I think that it would look like if it were to happen. Not saying I know but it would be kinda cool.

album_pic.php

Gurgi

Yes I agree guys!!

Why do we take things to heart so quickly!

Ok if a couple of years ago I said that theres a rumor that disney are creating a ride where we are thrown into space you peeps wouldve thought i was a freak! hehe

Disney could def make the illusion come to life! the track could probably lift up by a hidrolic system making it look like you really are thrown! It can happen!

Great thought!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Gurgi
Yes I agree guys!!

Why do we take things to heart so quickly!

Ok if a couple of years ago I said that theres a rumor that disney are creating a ride where we are thrown into space you peeps wouldve thought i was a freak! hehe

Disney could def make the illusion come to life! the track could probably lift up by a hidrolic system making it look like you really are thrown! It can happen!

Great thought!

a lot of things could happen but won't. Take the Harry Potter ride in Fantasyland...or a roller coaster theme park at Disney World.

Legacy

Originally Posted By ISTCNavigator57-
or a roller coaster theme park at Disney World.
You really don't think that will happen? I see some sort of thrill-park occuring eventually. Honestly, with the amount of thrill-parks popping up around Central Florida (IoA, Busch and Cypress Gardens) I think it might be a worth wild endeavor for the Mouse. Granted, the budget would have to be enormous to get some really unique stuff... but it's possible.

speck76

Originally posted by Legacy
You really don't think that will happen? I see some sort of thrill-park occuring eventually. Honestly, with the amount of thrill-parks popping up around Central Florida (IoA, Busch and Cypress Gardens) I think it might be a worth wild endeavor for the Mouse. Granted, the budget would have to be enormous to get some really unique stuff... but it's possible.

Look at the Disney parks attendance to that of the thrill parks. the MK has more annual visitors than Busch Gardens, Cypress Gardens, SeaWorld, and IOA combined.

Legacy

Originally Posted By speck76-
Look at the Disney parks attendance to that of the thrill parks. the MK has more annual visitors than Busch Gardens, Cypress Gardens, SeaWorld, and IOA combined.
Well, Cypress Gardens doesn't count because it's been closed for the past two years, and the lack of rides was why it closed originally. Any combined two of the other parks listed, I will agree with. All three combined though, I need to see prove of that.

The thrill park wouldn't really be for the tourist anyway. Disney already has a captive audience with them. The locals, however, are the ones who go to the thrill parks. That is the group that Disney should be trying to court. Three thrill rides in each park isn't going to attract many more than what they already have. A thrill-park (somewhere where a person can ride just coasters all day) would be good for the company. If only a small minority of people liked thrill parks, Six Flags would have gone bankrupt years ago.

speck76

If you read recent financial reports, Six Flags has not made a profit in a number of years.

Also for the attendance figures: (2001)

Magic Kingdom 14,700,000 -4%

Islands of Adventure 5,500,000 -8%
SeaWorld of Orlando 5,100,000 -2%
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay 4,200,000 0%
Total - 14,800,000

Legacy

Originally Posted By speck76-
Also for the attendance figures: (2001)

Magic Kingdom 14,700,000 -4%

Islands of Adventure 5,500,000 -8%
SeaWorld of Orlando 5,100,000 -2%
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay 4,200,000 0%
Total - 14,800,000
Cool.

I didn't realize it would be that close though.

Side note... I think it's funny that Busch is the only one that didn't drop attendance that year.

ToTBellHop

You call Cypress Gardens a thrill park? lol. It's getting 2 or three very small coasters that 5 year olds can ride. It's like a local amusement park and I don't see it making very much money.

Legacy

Cypress Gardens' ride selection is going to be much like a Six Flags. The focus is going to be on the thrill of the ride, not the ride itself. Honestly, I expect it draw decent crowds. Granted, it will still be the smallest of the ones in Central Florida, but it will still be able to keep its head above water (which is really all anyone can ask).

speck76

Cypress Gardens' ride selection is going to be much like a Six Flags. The focus is going to be on the thrill of the ride, not the ride itself. Honestly, I expect it draw decent crowds. Granted, it will still be the smallest of the ones in Central Florida, but it will still be able to keep its head above water (which is really all anyone can ask).

Have you seen what they are adding... a bunch of carnival rides and a few junior rollercoasters. This park will never be like Six Flags, look at "Wild Adventures" in Valdosta GA, same owner at Cypress Gardens.

TTA Traveler

Originally posted by wdwmagic
I'm guessing you are new here and not very old. However, if you wish to believe things that are incorrect, that's fine by me, I'm not going to argue with people about it. Just dont be dissapointed when EE opens and your train isn't picked up by your magical hydraulics.

can we just agreee that whatever happens-happens-and will be incredible cause its Disney :wave:

speck76

Originally posted by TTA Traveler
can we just agreee that whatever happens-happens-and will be incredible cause its Disney :wave:

Probably not, but if we all agreed on everything, life would not be as exciting.

I don't think we can anymore have the assumption that it will be incredible because it is Disney, as they have made a few duds lately.

ToTBellHop

Cypress Gardens "Adventure Park"'s 4 coasters include a very small wooden coaster (1365') with a 40 foot drop and top speed of 32 mph (50 second ride), a very small mouse coaster that is only 262 feet long and 8 feet tall, a clone of Flying Unicorn at Universal called Storm Surge, and the Screaming Crocodile, a family suspended coaster that goes by the name Rugrats Runaway Reptar at the Paramount parks. Nothing that could cause me to go to the park.

TTA Traveler

Originally posted by speck76
Probably not, but if we all agreed on everything, life would not be as exciting.

I don't think we can anymore have the assumption that it will be incredible because it is Disney, as they have made a few duds lately.

boooo what kind of attitude is that?!?! :veryconfu

ogryn

I don't think we can guarentee that every attraction will be amazing nowadays either! The management have got too involved in the Imagineering process by cutting out budgets.

We may have to accept that some new Disney rides are just going to be *average*.

Superstar Limo, Journey Into Your Imagination, and the Paris Studios spring to mind immediately.

I'm sure E:E will be great though... (please!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom