Expedition Everest "Secret"....

JBSLJames

I hate to be pull us off track again, get it, off track, whooky. . .

But there is this little ride up in Southern Ohio that is celebrating it's 25th year this year. Yes, there are rides with more speed and more height, but there is NO RIDE that can match its intensity and length.

The BEAST. 25 years of excellence.

Anywho. I am looking forward to riding Everest whenever I get back to WDW since it won't be done in-time for my next visit.

KevinPage

Originally posted by JBSLJames

Yes the Beast is an incredible ride, especially at night. Son of Beast on the other hand was a total mess. Boring, rough, you couldn't think of a worse layout for a roller coaster ride. No surprises. Just straight bumpy speed (that shakes your brain) and long drawn out sweeping turns. No wonder they had so many construction problems with the design of the ride.

If you drive a few hours south into Santa Claus, IN, a little park called "Holiday World" has 2 of the best wooden coasters on the planet, great pizza, fudge and a great waterpark with some crazy new rides :D

DarkMeasures

You guys are afraid of a we little drop? I laff and lose my respect for you at the same time. Explain why you don't like them and you will regain my respect. For me, I love steep drops because of the gut wrenching, falling, "im gonna die" feeling, but that's just me.

One of my Favorite rides I have been on is Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. 210 foot drop at 65 degrees into a tunnel. Best Drop ever... (of what I have ridden, Millenium Force is better)

But I am going to love Everest for its drop itself. Especially since the train will have already dropped at least 25- 45 feet.

awallaceunc

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
You guys are afraid of a we little drop? I laff and lose my respect for you at the same time. Explain why you don't like them and you will regain my respect.

Well, for some people they are really fun. But for others, they aren't. That's me. I've dropped plenty of times, and that same feeling that you describe as being fun is horrible to me. Some people just aren't made for that kind of stuff. I don't mind a zooming coaster around hair-pin turns, but the drop on Splash just about does me in every time, and I can never ride it more than once in a trip. Combine that with a fear of heights, and UGH!

Done 'laffing' now? :animwink:

-Aaron

The_CEO

NO RIDE that can match its intensity and length.

You can say that. Bruised my 16 year old ribs... 25 years of Beast ____!t.... Is what I say.

flyersmv

well anyway back to EE we all know its gonna be good...disney will do sumthing that makes it stand out.....me personally i think it will be sumwhat similar to RTOM.....obviously not the same but the story line will be sumwhat simialr with the yetii chacing u and causing problems and stuff like the mummy...i have meard RTOM is verrrrrry good so hopefully EE will be better

tigger248

I hate to be pull us off track again, get it, off track, whooky. . .

But there is this little ride up in Southern Ohio that is celebrating it's 25th year this year. Yes, there are rides with more speed and more height, but there is NO RIDE that can match its intensity and length.

Anywho. I am looking forward to riding Everest whenever I get back to WDW since it won't be done in-time for my next visit.

I like the beast and all, but it's definitely not my favorite ride. It really hurts my back when I ride it. Son of beast hurt me too (and there wasn't much to it). PKI is ok but its rides just don't seem to compare to Disney. I was there last summer for the first time since 1998 or 1999 (don't remember) and I think I got my fix for the next few years whereas with disney I could go everyday and never get enough.

Expedition Everest seems really cool and I can't wait to ride it. I'm hoping it will be open by November of 2005 so I can go on it then, since I know it obviously won't be open this July or November. Regardless of the height of the drop it will still be an awesome ride!

NeedABreak

Yeah, I hope they get that thing done ahead of shedule (i hope i spelled that right).

If they really wanted to make the ride more intense they should build the coster traditionaly (no crazy hydrolics or spring loaded people launchers :hammer: ) and place anamatronics of the Yeti that spring out at you just before a sharp turn.

If they wanted to get really neat they could let the yeti "slam" into the car and have the track banking at that point.

I would really like a ride like that. It would be diffrent from the tradition of escapeing and more like surviving. Would scare the crap out of kids though:D

ToTBellHop

Disney doesn't really build coasters that are uncomfortable...at least not expensive ones (Mulholland Madness is a bit uncomfortable, but they seem to have fixed it), so I would expect a very smooth ride. It's going to be intense enough regardless...

WDWEric

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
You guys are afraid of a we little drop? I laff and lose my respect for you at the same time. Explain why you don't like them and you will regain my respect. For me, I love steep drops because of the gut wrenching, falling, "im gonna die" feeling, but that's just me.

One of my Favorite rides I have been on is Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. 210 foot drop at 65 degrees into a tunnel. Best Drop ever... (of what I have ridden, Millenium Force is better)

But I am going to love Everest for its drop itself. Especially since the train will have already dropped at least 25- 45 feet.

Three Words * Top Thrill Dragster*
420 ft. 120 mph in 4 seconds, Can not be beat

speck76

Originally posted by WDWEric
Three Words * Top Thrill Dragster*
420 ft. 120 mph in 4 seconds, Can not be beat

All records will eventually fall. When Cedar Point opened the Magnum in 1989, ppl thought nobody would ever build higher. Within 3 years. its record was toast. When CP announced Millenium Force, nobody ever thought something bigger would be built, but 3 weeks later, Steel Dragon was accounced.

Djali999

honestly, I intensely dislike "thrill" rides. I've never found roller coasters to be all that fun. I'll do Splash every once and a while because I think it's one of the best attractions anywhere, and RnR can be fun, but I think coasters are horribly, horribly overrated. they're not that pleasant and fail to spark my imagination.

honestly, can't we go back to having some well-themed, immersive, slow-moving attractions in the dark every once in a while?

but I digress... I'll go check out Everest, for no other reason than to support Disney in their effort to create another real E-Ticket. but I think the best new thing at WDW is Philharmagic.. it really earns it's "magical" tourmap blurb. it's also totally free of the kind of hyperactive racket you find in other 3-D shows like HISTA and Shrek 4-D, both of which I have done once and never returned to because they didn't offer a single thing I was looking for.

awallaceunc

Djali, A-men. I totally agree. I'll stand by Disney's E-Rides, though, because they are good for business, and keep my thrill-seeking friends coming back with me.

-Aaron

Goofy1932

Account Suspended
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Where did you hear this from? I think you might have been had a little :)

The Yeti is currently not set to do any picking up of any trains, it's more like the chase scene in CTX from what I have been told. There is going to be the top half of a yeti with moving arms, face etc, but it isnt going to pick up your train.

How would you know wdwmagic are you a Disney Imageener??? Do you work on Everest???

Goofy1932

Account Suspended
Unfortunately this rumor was thrown around by some people who were HEAVILY speculating.

While it would be a nice effect, can you really see how an animatronic figure can realistically pick up and throw a train the size of a Big Thunder Railroad train?

Maybe hydrolics?????? ever heard of those:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

ogryn

Originally posted by Goofy1932
How would you know wdwmagic are you a Disney Imageener??? Do you work on Everest???

I guess as the owner of this site... he has his sources :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Goofy1932
Maybe hydrolics?????? ever heard of those:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

I'm guessing you are new here and not very old. However, if you wish to believe things that are incorrect, that's fine by me, I'm not going to argue with people about it. Just dont be dissapointed when EE opens and your train isn't picked up by your magical hydraulics.

Goofy1932

Account Suspended
I'm guessing you are both new here and not very old. However, if you wish to believe things that are incorrect, that's fine by me, I'm not going to argue with people about it. Just dont be dissapointed when EE opens and your train isn't picked up by your magical hydraulics.

1.When you say both of you who do you mean??

2.You don't know everything like you think you do

3.Like I said before you are not a Disney Imagineer nor do you work on Everest nor did you help design Everest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom