Expedition Everest photos

Disney2002

Originally posted by Mikejakester
man I wonder how they are going to do that...

How much was the budget for this ride again?????

Surprisingly, I don't think it has been published, which is odd considering they have published costs for all the other new rides of late.

Usually the cost is used as a Wow! factor.

I wouldn't wager a guess. I have no idea how such rides compare to other dark ride or other coasters. One thing is for certain, it would have high costs to keep maintained.

********** SPOILER *****************

I used silver text to hide this. Hope it make it harder to see. Just highlight it to read.

Also, I can't help but think the whole "Yeti Lift" thing has been resolved, if track is being placed.

Any word on that happening?

CTXRover

man I wonder how they are going to do that...

How much was the budget for this ride again?????

Disney never says officially how much they spend on a ride...all guesses are from industry insiders/experts who estimate how much they think something will cost based on the plans (or leaks from the company). For Everest...its somewhere near 100 million.

IlovyensiD

i cant wait for this ride to be done

aside the lift hills for a second when do u think they will have soft openings for this ride or will they have them at all

Lee

Adventurer
OK, here's the deal with lift hills.
When I saw the model, I saw only one. At the time I didn't ask about it.
I e-mailed my Everest source earlier and asked about multiple lifts.
His response: "Depends on how you define lift hill".

That's all I could get, for now.

If anyone knows more, feel free to share. Don't just imply that you know something....

ISTCrew20

Jeez...Doesn't anyone wanna be surprised anymore:rolleyes: :hammer:

Im Just Playing...I can't wait for this one either...Sadly, I'll have to wait to write "ISTCrew's March 2006 Everest Update"...

2006 is SO far away...

imagineer99

Originally posted by Lee

NOW I'm even MORE excited!:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
out of curiosity, is this rollercoaster a clone (RNR aerosmith = Superman)of an allready existing ride of vekoma? or is it an original?:hammer:

RnR was first! :) So it wasnt a clone at the time. Superman is a pretty poor implentation in comparison to RnR too.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by IlovyensiD
when do u think they will have soft openings for this ride

early next week.

lol.. no idea, but i sure as hell hope the 2006 projection date is simply a 'safe date' so that we dont have another Test Track incident, and that in reality we may see a early opening.

:: prays to see EE open early 2006/late 2005!?!::

ahh i cant stand the wait...! 2006 is oh-so-far away.. i dont know how im gonna make it.. -at least if they open the bridge and village area soon, that will help calm the anticipation just a bit..... or possibly even intensify it..!?:eek:

Disney2002

Originally posted by IlovyensiD
i cant wait for this ride to be done

aside the lift hills for a second when do u think they will have soft openings for this ride or will they have them at all

If I were you, I'd not torment yourself with the possibility of an early opening. 2006 is the posted date. Let's wait until it's closer to see. Theming inside areas could take forever... as could actual ride elements, if they are as crazy as people are saying.

Shaman

Originally posted by Lee

That's all I could get, for now.

Very cryptic...sounds very interesting though...makes me even more excited about E:E...

sillyspook13

Originally posted by stich rocks
i just saw on screamscape that the tenative date is april 22 2006... i can;t wait...
Sounds about right to me, noting that most events and openings at Animal Kingdom are on Earth Day.

Spectroman2003

I hope it's good with a good drop or something. Rock'n'rollercoaster is good but i mean after the shoot off, that's it. Is this "mountain" going to be bigger than splash mountain or what? I hope it's going to be good.

imagineer99

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
I hope it's good with a good drop or something. Rock'n'rollercoaster is good but i mean after the shoot off, that's it. Is this "mountain" going to be bigger than splash mountain or what? I hope it's going to be good.

The tallest drop will be 80ft. tall, combine that with going backwards for part of the ride, and you've got a rather thrilling ride.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom