Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain vs Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad vs Expedition Everest | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial  Walt Disney World discussion forums

Hagrids-Magical-Creatures-Motorbike-Adventure-Coaster.jpg

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
These two rides were the most expensive roller coasters in the world until surpassed by Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind in 2022. Both have excellent theming, thrills, and storytelling. Which is the better ride?

WDWFREAK53

No brainer. Hagrids.
I love Expedition Everest and was lucky enough to ride it when the Yeti was working but even still, IMO is a far departure from how great Hagrid's is.

My only complaint with Hagrid's are the animatronics. They just don't seem up to snuff with today's standards/technology.

The broken track portion of Everest is lame. They idea was great, but being held there while the track flips really takes you out of the story whereas Hagrid's has a similar element but is flawless.

999th Happy Haunt

My only complaint with Hagrid's are the animatronics. They just don't seem up to snuff with today's standards/technology.
I’d take one attraction with a good number of “low tech” animatronics over 50 attractions that have just one high tech animatronic at the end (Navi, Kong, and even Everest.)

JT3000

I’d take one attraction with a good number of “low tech” animatronics over 50 attractions that have just one high tech animatronic at the end (Navi, Kong, and even Everest.)
Kong has multiple animatronics, including two in the queue.

As for the Everest comparison, at least the AAs on Hagrid's actually move. 🤷‍♂️

999th Happy Haunt

Kong has multiple animatronics, including two in the queue.

As for the Everest comparison, at least the AAs on Hagrid's actually move. 🤷‍♂️
I'll admit I actually forgot about the other animatronics on Kong, still it falls into the same category as otherwise good not great attraction that tries to wow you at the end with one stellar animatronic. Everest is certainly better than Kong, but I still would prefer several lower level Yeti animatronics over one blink and you miss it advanced animatronic at the end (whether it's working or not).

Frankenstein79

I'm going with the unpopular of the two. I feel like Everest is a more enjoyable experience than Hagrid's. Both are pretty awesome though, and this is coming from a noncoaster lover.

BubbaisSleep

Hargrid is probably one of my favorite rides on this planet. Always leaves a smile on my face.
EE is a great ride too. I just wish it had better effects as this ride only has 3, ones been permanently turned off and one is a lame projector.
Would love some Matterhorn-style upgrades.

cheezbat

One is super long and has a bunch of effects and animatronics. The other has one busted animatronic with a strobe light on. No contest. Hagrids.

celluloid

If Everest operated like it did in opening months, then this would honestly be closer. I mean the queue, the station effects and the ride.

Not even close to close right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom