Expedition Everest...how intense of a ride is this?

Pete C

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I definitely am going to ride it myself and see how it goes. I am hoping that it will be mild enough for her to ride it, but the point about it going backwards is definitely valid and a concern.

jaredliu

Merlin said:
Everest is not intense.

Translation = It's booooooooorrrrrrrring!!
wow, although I am not the big fan of this ride (due to skyhigh expectation), I've never seen this ride is that boring to people. I think its the most beautiful roller coaster in the world. For me its like Beauty & the beast. but maybe its a tame beast for you. ha

stankly182

Does EE have big drops, such as going high and suddenly dropping? My mother has a mild heart condition, but not serious enough for her to not ride anything, but big drops bother her *and me for that matter*. She has rode Test Track, Dinosaur, BTMR, etc and had no problems whatsoever, just curious if EE had any major drops. Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
stankly182 said:
Does EE have big drops, such as going high and suddenly dropping? My mother has a mild heart condition, but not serious enough for her to not ride anything, but big drops bother her *and me for that matter*. She has rode Test Track, Dinosaur, BTMR, etc and had no problems whatsoever, just curious if EE had any major drops. Thanks.
The longest drop is 80'. Not big by coaster standards but pretty big by Disney's. With the number of ride through videos floating around about the only surprise will be the drop in the back wards section of the ride.

brookskk

Do you think a five year old who exceeds the height limit and loves SM, BTMR, and TT would be OK on Everest? He also likes ToT.

peter11435

Master Yoda said:
The longest drop is 80'. Not big by coaster standards but pretty big by Disney's. With the number of ride through videos floating around about the only surprise will be the drop in the back wards section of the ride.
There really isn't a backwards "drop." You go backwards down the hill somewhat slowly and then pick up speed as your train levels out. The train then makes a quick turn to the left and starts an upward helix.

Tinkerbell_13

Merlin said:
It's about as "intense" as watching paint dry...but not nearly as entertaining! :lol:

You obviously are starved for attention, but I'm not in the frame of mind to be your nutritional supplier so stick that in your oral orifice and masticate on it. From this point on ..... deal with the starvation.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
peter11435 said:
There really isn't a backwards "drop." You go backwards down the hill somewhat slowly and then pick up speed as your train levels out. The train then makes a quick turn to the left and starts an upward helix.
You are correct. It is nothing like the 80' drop but with it being in near total darkness it is the only thing that the videos leave you clueless on. It took me quite by surprise the first time I rode EE.

Iakona

Tinkerbell_13 said:
You obviously are starved for attention, but I'm not in the frame of mind to be your nutritional supplier so stick that in your oral orifice and masticate on it. From this point on ..... deal with the starvation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
jaredliu said:
wow, although I am not the big fan of this ride (due to skyhigh expectation), I've never seen this ride is that boring to people. I think its the most beautiful roller coaster in the world. For me its like Beauty & the beast. but maybe its a tame beast for you. ha

LOL! No, it's not what I would consider a "beast" at all (that would have been cool). I guess if I had to compare EE to a Disney character, it would be more like...say,...the Wardrobe in the movie Beauty and the Beast (i.e. not much personality and a pretty much forgettable character overall). :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Merlin said:
LOL! No, it's not what I would consider a "beast" at all (that would have been cool). I guess if I had to compare EE to a Disney character, it would be more like...say,...the Wardrobe in the movie Beauty and the Beast (i.e. not much personality and a pretty much forgettable character overall). :lol:
Dude, we get it you don't like EE, enough already. Your comments in this thread are completely pointless and unhelpful to the OP's question. Your opinion is shared by a few others but you are definitely in the minority. I don't like ketchup but you don't see me searching out every possible avenue for expressing this dislike. Why don't you find an anti-Disney forum and post there. I am sure your opinions will be much better received and WDWmagic will be a better place without you.

"War take your ball and go home"

pintraderpayee

Master Yoda said:
Dude, we get it you don't like EE, enough already. Your comments in this thread are completely pointless and unhelpful to the OP's question. Your opinion is shared by a few others but you are definitely in the minority. I don't like ketchup but you don't see me searching out every possible avenue for expressing this dislike. Why don't you find an anti-Disney forum and post there. I am sure your opinions will be much better received and WDWmagic will be a better place without you.

HEAR! HEAR! Well said.

17 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Master Yoda said:

sssssssshhhhhhhhh Maybe if we dont tell him how good the ride is there will be one less person on the line in front of us on the next trip, Master Yoda!!! Belle

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
wannabeBelle said:
sssssssshhhhhhhhh Maybe if we dont tell him how good the ride is there will be one less person on the line in front of us on the next trip, Master Yoda!!! Belle
Speaking of that when are you going to be at WDW again?

brookskk

Just got back

Hi! I had posted earlier in this thread asking whether anyone who had previously rode EE thought it would be OK for a 4 year old who loves coasters. Well, I am happy to report (having just returned from 6 days at DW) that he LOVED it! I had showed him the video that someone had posted on here so he was a little prepared. The first time through he made me cover his eyes when the YETI pops down near the end. The next time he watched and still was A-OK with the ride. The intensity was fine for him. Not saying every 4 year old would be OK with this ride but this one was despite my (slight) concern. Just in case anyone else with smaller children is wondering the same thing I was...:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom