Expedition Everest...How bad is it?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
For many, this is a silly question. Historically I’ve been a wimp when it comes to “bigger rides”. Recently, though after going to Disney for so many years and missing out on a handful of great attractions I’ve decided that I need to branch out. Resulting in my most recent trip, finally conquering splash mountain in Disneyland! Now, knowing this their are only three rides in all of WDW they I have never done. Everest, ToT, and Rock “N” Roll. My question is having done rides like FoP, Splash, Space etc and all the rides not listed above how does Everest compare? I normally don’t like rides with huge drops...but usually after I get over my fear I love them. This happened with splash and it is an awesome ride. I don’t want to miss out on a ride that I could potentially love, but I worry about the drop out of the mountain and the backwards section, as it is much taller then splash mountain. Thoughts?

As far as intense coasters go, RnR is probably the only real one above Disney standards. Everest is easy, you'll be fine. Hop on and have fun!

Same with ToT and RnR btw.. you're missing out.

KTK

I am a huge fan of roller coasters, will always go on one, no matter what. That being said, Everest to me is the most difficult roller coaster at Disney because it goes backwards while mainly in the dark. This is unique in itself. To me, it just gives you a funny feeling in your stomach that the other coasters don't do, though in a good way.

Incomudro

As far as intense coasters go, RnR is probably the only real one above Disney standards. Everest is easy, you'll be fine. Hop on and have fun!

Same with ToT and RnR btw.. you're missing out.

Yes, and some people claim otherwise. I don't understand their logic.
RnR goes from a launch to a loop, to a barrel roll.
Three things far in excess of any other Disney coaster.

Scoots71

To me, EE is by far the most intense coaster at WDW, but definitely not "scary." Usually it takes me about 10-15 seconds to work off my sea-legs after riding, but then I could go again. The backward portion does disorient you a little.

RnR is great. The launch will throw you back in the seat, but the loops and roll aren't really that bad. In fact, the first couple of times I rode, I did not even notice the loop, and only felt the barrel roll. Similar feeling to me after riding Everest.

ToT is far and away the best thrill attraction to me at WDW. The theme is spectacular, and you will probably need to change your underwear after the first time you ride it. From an intensity standpoint, not as physically intense as EE and RnR, more closely related to Space Mountain in that regard. The psychological intensity the first couple of times you ride is what sticks with you.

Ekru

For many, this is a silly question. Historically I’ve been a wimp when it comes to “bigger rides”. Recently, though after going to Disney for so many years and missing out on a handful of great attractions I’ve decided that I need to branch out. Resulting in my most recent trip, finally conquering splash mountain in Disneyland! Now, knowing this their are only three rides in all of WDW they I have never done. Everest, ToT, and Rock “N” Roll. My question is having done rides like FoP, Splash, Space etc and all the rides not listed above how does Everest compare? I normally don’t like rides with huge drops...but usually after I get over my fear I love them. This happened with splash and it is an awesome ride. I don’t want to miss out on a ride that I could potentially love, but I worry about the drop out of the mountain and the backwards section, as it is much taller then splash mountain. Thoughts?

Not a silly question at all. Like you I avoided those same 3 rides as well. I recently went on Everest for the first time last month after avoiding it for years. I was especially dreading the backwards section and the big drop at the end. I guess that morning I was feeling braver than usual! I assure you it is not that scary at all and I immediately rode it again. It is now one of my favorite rides and I cannot wait to ride again. I did sit more towards the front and I just read that the back can be more intense, so try sitting towards the front at first. The backwards section was really not that bad and is over pretty quickly. I think you will love it once you give it a try. On my next trip I am promising myself that I am going to try ToT for the first time. Not sure if I will ever do RnR!

Scoots71

Not a silly question at all. Like you I avoided those same 3 rides as well. I recently went on Everest for the first time last month after avoiding it for years. I was especially dreading the backwards section and the big drop at the end. I guess that morning I was feeling braver than usual! I assure you it is not that scary at all and I immediately rode it again. It is now one of my favorite rides and I cannot wait to ride again. I did sit more towards the front and I just read that the back can be more intense, so try sitting towards the front at first. The backwards section was really not that bad and is over pretty quickly. I think you will love it once you give it a try. On my next trip I am promising myself that I am going to try ToT for the first time. Not sure if I will ever do RnR!

If you can do EE, you can probably handle RnR. You should definitely give it a try. The launch may freak you out a little, but if you sit toward the back on RnR, you can see the loops coming and not be blindsided. (Or be like me and get so into the music that you find yourself singing along and next thing you know, it's over and you want to go again!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom