Expedition Everest Challenge

surfsupdon

It's the 5K PLUS scavenger hunt PLUS afterparty.

The scavenger hunt will send you back thru the park, the long way, and you will log more miles. The overwhelming majority of people walk it. I, for one, continue running because it is a race and I want to win. And I almost did last year.

Remember way back when, this race and the Tower13K came with a 1day/1park ticket, in addition to the afterparty. Back before runDisney, when the 'Disney Endurance Series' wasn't nearly as popular as now.

chiefs11

I'm thinking it will sell out fast. Early registration opened for DVC and AP and it sold out in less than 24 hours!

Early registration for the 2015 EEC already opened and sold out in 24 hours? or were you talking about last year?

Any idea how many or what percentage of slots were reserved for the early registration?

Scuba_Christy

Early registration for the 2015 EEC already opened and sold out in 24 hours? or were you talking about last year?

Any idea how many or what percentage of slots were reserved for the early registration?
Nope talking about the 2015 EEC. It opened on Dec 2nd at noon. Not sure how many slots were opened for early registration. I registered 2 hrs after it opened and it was already 65% sold out. When I checked it 24 hours later it was sold out!

My suggestion is register as soon as possible if you want to take part in the race! Regular registration opens on Dec 16th.

Texas84

Trying to register now and it's asking for a password. Chat support is busy.

If anyone else has this problem, click Edit profile and enter your Active password. Then it will take. We're in!

Last edited:

chiefs11

Trying to register now and it's asking for a password. Chat support is busy.

If anyone else has this problem, click Edit profile and enter your Active password. Then it will take. We're in!

Yes, the website was overloaded at noon and giving us issues too. We got in though.

Already 90% full, so anyone else interested better sign up quick!

chiefs11

I got in :) and resort booked at AKL let the countdown begin

We didn't book our hotel yet.. What was the per-night for AKL with the run disney discount, (if you don't mind me asking)?

edited to ask instead: What is the Run Disney room discount?

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

We didn't book our hotel yet.. What was the per-night for AKL with the run disney discount, (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm not sure what the runDisney discount is. I used the military discount

dreamfinder

Usually not much. If I recall it was right around the AAA discount, maybe a bit less. It was usually 5-10% They show packages starting at $421 per night at AKL here -> http://www.rundisney.com/travel/disneyworld/ (Click Expedition Everest Challenge) Apr 12-May 21 is regular season with posted prices of $389/$429 $451/$510 $474/$532 $507/$566 for standard/pool/pool with bunk beds/savannah view (midweek/weekend) respectively, so you may be saving $8 per night for Fri/Sat if I'm doing my math right. Last time we booked a runDisney room it was technically a package, even if it was room only, so we did get the free mini golf vouchers and other coupons. Otherwise not necessarily the hassle since you are subject to the 45 day change policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom