Expedition Everest Challenge

surfsupdon

I was happy and annoyed. LOL, I finished the 5k 9th overall.

So you grab your first clue at the finish and go to the Pal Courtyard. The crew at the Palm Courtyard waved us on and cheered saying "Just go to Pizzafari for your second clue!" OK. But at Pizzafari, they would not give us our next clue b/c we did not have our prior clue. So then I (we at the front) had to backtrack against traffic!

So I was very happy with my place/time, but was very upset that not all workers were on the same page with the logistics of the adventure.

But I had a great time at the afterparty too.

chiefs11

So it's 100% confirmed now, this coming EEC in 2015 will be the final one. :(

Figured it would be with Animal Kingdom transitioning to be open at night. No way they would close early on a Saturday just for this 5k.

farrellbarrel

Figured it would be with Animal Kingdom transitioning to be open at night. No way they would close early on a Saturday just for this 5k.
NOO! It was the perfect first race and this makes me sad. Not surprised though. I am sad about the ten miler too, that was going to be my next one!

CaptainShortty

Source? I've heard that rumor for a while but I've also heard it to regards to the 2014 one being the last one (which clearly isn't true). Just curious where the info. came from if you're able to share.

chiefs11

NOO! It was the perfect first race and this makes me sad. Not surprised though. I am sad about the ten miler too, that was going to be my next one!

I guess there will be too much construction going on at the Studios over the next few years for it. Maybe it will come back in some form when they're done.

Mad Stitch

It's the first thing on the page.....right below where it says "THE EVENT"

You are just blocking it out because you don't want it to be true! :D

Ooooooh! I looked right past that, nice catch. I thought it was on a Facebook/Twitter post somewhere. I will miss this race, it was my first organized running event and started me on my current addiction.

JasonDeyoung

Ran it this year and will be in May '15, shame to see it go. Hopefully we at least get a replacement since ToT10 is gone now too

a2grafix

Entry Fees and Deadlines
Expedition Everest Challenge
Individual Registration

• $125 between December 16 – December 30, 2014
  • $140 between December 31, 2014 – January 20, 2015
  • $155 between January 21 – May 1, 2015

Team Registration

• $240 between December 16 – December 30, 2014
  • $265 between December 31, 2014 – January 20, 2015
  • $290 between January 21 – May 1, 2015

chiefs11

Wow, that's too expensive for a 5k. That's more expensive then the 10k's on any other race weekend.

I guess it costs more because they keep Asia and Dinoland open with the major rides until 2 am for it. Plus, it has the "scavenger hunt" after the 5k. The finisher medal is pretty nice too. Do the other 5k's include a medal? We haven't done any of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom