Expedition Everest Challenge

DWLove

So sad I don't get to run the final EE Challenge. This time last year I was ill, just got a diagnosis and so my mom said if I get the strength etc back in time we could do this race in 2015. Then this September I had to go and do something to my knee and of course got the ok to start running again 1 day after the race filled so I'm out of luck. Oh well, will just have to find another race in the World. Maybe a 10k once my knee is 100%

JasonDeyoung

So sad I don't get to run the final EE Challenge. This time last year I was ill, just got a diagnosis and so my mom said if I get the strength etc back in time we could do this race in 2015. Then this September I had to go and do something to my knee and of course got the ok to start running again 1 day after the race filled so I'm out of luck. Oh well, will just have to find another race in the World. Maybe a 10k once my knee is 100%
Plenty of races at Disney to sign up for and hopefully we'll get a few new ones since we lost two (EEC & TOT) but if you had knee issues Id wait till you're 100% even this race was more than a 5K which I did on a bad knee and ended up limping and hardly able to walk on it for weeks after lol. Get your body healthy and you'll know when it's time.

DWLove

Plenty of races at Disney to sign up for and hopefully we'll get a few new ones since we lost two (EEC & TOT) but if you had knee issues Id wait till you're 100% even this race was more than a 5K which I did on a bad knee and ended up limping and hardly able to walk on it for weeks after lol. Get your body healthy and you'll know when it's time.
Thanks! Ya, I hope they add some new races, and if there is a new 5k I hope it has a 'real' medal like EEC. As of today, my all clear to start running again has been revoked so it is looking like a 2016 Disney race for me

Texas84

Anyone know the times for packet pick-up last year? Not posted yet and we need to make travel plans. I'm trying to get everyone in on Friday so we can go Saturday.

skimbob

I was in Celebration Hospital's emergency room in 2010 and missed the race. I tried this year since it is the final race but I wasn't lucky enough to get in which was a bummer. I guess I was never meant to do this race. I was glad I got to do TOT in 2013.

dreamfinder

Thanks! This year's info says packet pick-up is at AK instead of ESPN. Interesting.

Eh, keeps your staffing and volunteers at a single place. Cuts down on some infrastructure. But then again I've done pickup at Coronado Springs and the old Pleasure Island Rock & Roll Beach Club, so holding pickup at the place of the race doesn't seem that odd.

Mad Stitch

I saw the race program last week. It looks like they didn't put much time into it, just the facts. No course maps or anything.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom