Expedition Everest - A Question or Two

Mckooy

Original Poster
Hello, im a long time reader though never posted, theres some great posts here so I thought id ask a question.

I was looking at the construction photographs on main site and was a little confused of what kind of ride Everest is going to be. Now I see its massive and seems very detailed (Like everything at WDW) but when you are riding is the rider gonna be speeding round or is it gonna be slower with a Spaceship Earth feel to it. I ask because the photos of the 'Steam Donkey' doesnt look the what a fast ride would have.

Thanks

Mckooy

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome. This seems like a whimpy thing to say but I can go on it aslong as it doesnt turn me on my head!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
True there are no inversions, and it won’t be the tallest fastest most gut wrenching ride on the planet. However it is slated to be the most immersive well themed ride ever produced. Numbers and spec’s that have been floating around are top speed 50 mph, maximum track height 100 feet and there will be both forward and reverse motion. There will also be a gigantic AA Yeti (19’-23’ tall depending on who you ask) and there was also one report on this site that one portion will have blowing snow. All that being said it should be one heck of a ride.

s2jrston

"blowing snow"

I can visualize CMs wearing parkas, and Buddhist munks blessing each expedition as it rolls out of the station.

righttrack

I think a lot about this ride can be discerned by its restraint system. With a simple lap-bar in place, I wouldn't expect much more than BTMRR or SM. I think faster, but turn-wise about the same. No inversions/corkscrews.

ballewclan

It will definently have a high thrlll factor, considering its gonna go forward and backward and such. Also the anticipation of the Yeti will be awesome and im sure imagineers have done it right! So i think it will be VERY thrilling but not OMG im gonna die thrilling. :)

SteveUK

Yet another Brit!

The thing to remember about Disney attractions, is that they are designed to be fun and thrilling, but usually not too scary. They are aiming for a wide family audience, and they don't like to risk excluding people by making rides too intense. If people want huge rollercoasters, there is a park down the road that does that. WDW rides are about theme and atmosphere and magical experiences for the family. Apart from the obvious couple of rides, there is very little in the way of attractions that need to be avoided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom