dsc02642_std.jpg

dsc02655_std.jpg

dsc02669_std.jpg

dsc02678_std.jpg

dsc02682_std.jpg

and a ton more here: http://www.mkt3000.com/pics/disney_2-13-05/

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i beat you to it (i think) i saw these on your site before you posted here..... but still a refreshing site on a tuesday morning........ happy tuesday :wave:

AndyP

Great Pics. I've only just realised quite how much they've done. I kept thinking they still had to cover it all, but now, looking at the 3rd photograph, apart from painting, etc. it is complete (at the bottom). Just imagine the mountain without those walkways and you'll see what I mean!

Thanks again for the great pics!

DCL

Those are some really good pics. It's really amazing how fast it seems to be coming together. These pics really get me excited... I can't ride that soon enoough!

Thanks for the pics!

imagineer99

that_L_do_pig said:
I know Disney is the master at hiding the size of the attraction, but doesn't the amount of track seem very small?

I think the ride length is pegged at around 3 minutes, which by roller coaster standards is a normal ride time.

Glasgow

Thanks for the photos Mkt

Question : does Disney ever publicize an exact opening date on a ride or just an estimated month/quarter (ie. Q1 2006)? My guess on the EE opening is 2/5/06 (I should be there 2/6/06) :)

Anyway, what is left to do other than theming and aesthetics? Is the track finished?

Lynx04

that_L_do_pig said:
I know Disney is the master at hiding the size of the attraction, but doesn't the amount of track seem very small?

Great pics!!!!

There is a backwards portion inside the mountain along with the part where you get up close with the Yeti. Don't forget the small portion before the lift hill as well.

I think the attraction will end up being longer then average for a coaster.

Lynx04

Glasgow said:
Thanks for the photos Mkt

Question : does Disney ever publicize an exact opening date on a ride or just an estimated month/quarter (ie. Q1 2006)? My guess on the EE opening is 2/5/06 (I should be there 2/6/06) :)

Anyway, what is left to do other than theming and aesthetics? Is the track finished?

When Disney did the original press release I remember a statement that it could open as early as late 2005, but they were shooting for 4/24/05 (not sure the exact day) which ever day is AK's birthday.

I am not sure if it will open early or not. I think it is still to early to tell. They still have to cover the mountain, theme the area, queue, test the attraction, o yeah and train the Yeti (make sure he hits his cue). I highly doubt the attraction will be finished before 2006.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom