Expected park attendance numbers?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I would hope Disney lowers that number with cases rising.
I don't think they could go much lower than that realistically. There's a point where they lose more money from operating costs than it is worth it to be open. I heard that point was 50 percent before. 25 is already running at a loss I'm sure.

Maybe they should just wait another month or two instead of opening at a time when Fl is probably gonna be the epicenter for the country for covid. Even beyond the obvious general health and safety risk, they can't be making enough money with 25 percent capacity to justify the risk of the PR firestorm if there is an outbreak from the park. Especially if they wind up needing less than that in the park

floydbeatle

Disney will also only have standby queues in order to promote social distancing. I think this is a mistake, and there has to be a better way, because where is everyone going to go when the park first opens? Everyone will head to FoP, 7DMT, RoTR/MMRR, etc. Anyone who has rope dropped before knows this, so I think the capacity will seem far worse for parks that are supposedly capacity restricted. Assuming from earlier posts that the capacity of 15k (in the case of MK) is what a normal 9-10am morning is like, a large majority of those people will be heading directly to those rides. And if that is normal, that is still a lot of people. And when you consider that park hours have been reduced, guests (especially resort guests) are more likely to spend more time at the parks then they might otherwise. I think people are going to be disappointed when they discover that waits will be longer then expected.

Unbanshee

Its not Just that, nor quite as simple as that.

I believe they also said they'd be utilizing some of the FP+ footprint to space things out within a queue. Now, there were a few reports that Virtual Queues are shelved. Are you hinting that Virtual Queues are back on the table?

revancho

15000 people + limited ride capacity + no virtual queues seems like kind of a crazy plan. Like where will they put those people in line? Hagrid’s and the The Mummy
fill up most or all of their socially distanced queues routinely WITH virtual queueing and fairly slow parks.

Mainahman

MK 15K
No parades
No stage shows
No fireworks
Not all dining areas open
Seems not too promising
Personally this stuff isn't things we worry about. Our family, doesn't do meet and greets. We see them as we pass by. We don't want to stand in line for that when there's attractions to ride. We skip parades to ride attractions. Fireworks is hit or kiss for us really. We rarely sit down to eat. Top of a trash can is a mighty fine table for a meal ;) so for us. Lower crowds to move around easier andorw time for attractions.

SoFloMagic

15000 people + limited ride capacity + no virtual queues seems like kind of a crazy plan. Like where will they put those people in line? Hagrid’s and the The Mummy
fill up most or all of their socially distanced queues routinely WITH virtual queueing and fairly slow parks.
I think the thing is that it's 15k for the day. Not everyone will spend the full day there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it really sounds closer to after hours than Halloween party.

Doodlelicious

I would hope Disney lowers that number with cases rising.
Don't think it is going to matter that much. Realistically I think the first week or so the numbers might reach capacity, but then guests are going to get tired of all the restrictions and if things are closed the numbers are going to go down on there own.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think the thing is that it's 15k for the day. Not everyone will spend the full day there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it really sounds closer to after hours than Halloween party.
With the days only being 10 hours, I think the difference is academic.

CastAStone

Premium Member
On a typical party night at the MK the park would be open for 9-10 hours and attendance would be roughly double the new cap.
That sounds right. My point was that with the days so short everyone will be in the park at once for the next few months.

peter11435

That sounds right. My point was that with the days so short everyone will be in the park at once for the next few months.
My point (which I forgot to make) was that even on those days with the same or shorter hours, everyone is not in the park at once. And even when they are 15,000 will not saturate the MK.

CastAStone

Premium Member
My point (which I forgot to make) was that even on those days with the same or shorter hours, everyone is not in the park at once. And even when they are 15,000 will not saturate the MK.
I agree. As I said earlier in the thread I think a good crowd comparison will be the crowds first thing in the morning on an average recent day.

icc2515

On a typical party night at the MK the park would be open for 9-10 hours and attendance would be roughly double the new cap.
And now the rides will be at at least half capacity. With no parades and fireworks to suck up the crowds at certain times. Some restaurants closed others limited capacity. My guess is that it will feel quite crowded. People that are thinking the crowds are going to loo like Universal 1st couple of weeks crowds are going to be surprised. I hope I am wrong, but the park reservations are sold out correct?

I also don't think anybody is going to leave. You cannot park hope and with the limited hours people are going to want to get the full amount of time out of their park visit. I know I talked to my kids and they said rope drop till close. We would usually take the afternoon off and go to the water park then come back in the evening. Sometimes the parks would be open till midnight or even 1 with EMH so no feeling that we needed to stay as we are passholders and could always hop from park to park depending on emh and varying park hours.

disneygeek90

And now the rides will be at at least half capacity. With no parades and fireworks to suck up the crowds at certain times. Some restaurants closed others limited capacity. My guess is that it will feel quite crowded. People that are thinking the crowds are going to loo like Universal 1st couple of weeks crowds are going to be surprised. I hope I am wrong, but the park reservations are sold out correct?

I also don't think anybody is going to leave. You cannot park hope and with the limited hours people are going to want to get the full amount of time out of their park visit. I know I talked to my kids and they said rope drop till close. We would usually take the afternoon off and go to the water park then come back in the evening. Sometimes the parks would be open till midnight or even 1 with EMH so no feeling that we needed to stay as we are passholders and could always hop from park to park depending on emh and varying park hours.
There’s a very limited number of local AP’s that consistently rope drop to close (no less in July... in masks). AP’s are the only ones with a dicey reservation calendar. Standard ticket and resort guests are in good shape.

The entire world will be watching this opening. If they don’t look similar to Universal with the crowd and distancing level, it’s going to be a PR nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom