News Expanded Lightning Lane entry process testing at Haunted Mansion

Fido Chuckwagon

I think it probably is to put up more stanchions - one lane per touchpoint - so people will move more single file, so the family of five that can't scan in is standing in one line instead of 5 wide blocking all 2 or 4 touchpoints.
Yeah it's this, or having a second cm direct traffic around the family of 5, or asking the family of 5 to move to the side. Oftentimes the family of 5 is frustated and arguing and not listening though, which is what's causing the problem in the first place.

Fido Chuckwagon

It should be possible for the scanner to detect the multiple LLs on the device and say 'okay CM, let 4 people in' instead of the guest having to tap in 4 times. I can see them not wanting that for actual tickets and making each scan individually there, but on the rides they should be able to batch. The iPads show the CMs the guest info already, it should be able to say 'Steve - 4 valid LLs' without much back end work. The passes are all linked already in the user account.
What if the party has separated though? It's not quite that simple, especially for larger groups that are friended together in my disney experience.

Fido Chuckwagon

This is also an incredibly frustrating issue at the entrance touchpoints, too. Someone without a park pass or valid ticket isn't pulled to the side to take to GR, they argue with them at the touch point. This takes both touchpoints offline. Why they don't pull people to the side is beyond me.
This is rarer than the cluster that **always** occurs at the LL touchpoints though.

Ayla

To clarify the issue, LL is only on your phone, not on magicbands? I have no used Genie+ and I assumed it was loaded on your magicbands just like fastpass+ was...is that not the case?

Brian

This is also an incredibly frustrating issue at the entrance touchpoints, too. Someone without a park pass or valid ticket isn't pulled to the side to take to GR, they argue with them at the touch point. This takes both touchpoints offline. Why they don't pull people to the side is beyond me.
Park greeters aren't allowed to leave their touchpoints (or turnstiles previously) unattended, and it is considered "discourteous" (a violation of the five keys) to ask the guest with an issue to stand aside while other guests pass through, since you don't want to "call them out" or make it seem like they did anything wrong. Instead, they're supposed to engage the guest in conversation while they wait for a GR CM to arrive and takeover.

Purduevian

I feel like having this a will just make the entry area even more congested, am curious to see how they can reconfigure it all.
Personally I would like to see this. Grab a third entrance to the expansion at the village haus restrooms. This would push back the entrance of the utilidors.
1684268714410.png

MagicHappens1971

Personally I would like to see this. Grab a third entrance to the expansion at the village haus restrooms. This would push back the entrance of the utilidors.
View attachment 716784
If they do just Coco/Encanto, I can see having just the two paths, one by Big Thunder and the other by Haunted Mansion. If they were to also open a Villains Land I think another pathway either by the Gaston’s restrooms or the Pinnochio restrooms for efficient guest flow.

Purduevian

If they do just Coco/Encanto, I can see having just the two paths, one by Big Thunder and the other by Haunted Mansion. If they were to also open a Villains Land I think another pathway either by the Gaston’s restrooms or the Pinnochio restrooms for efficient guest flow.
oof without the Villans land, that is going to be a long treck from liberty square to where I think Encanto would start (I'm assuming it would start about where the current native American village is on the railroad)... Roughly 800 feet I think? For reference Main Street is only about 800 from the train station to the center of the hub.

Trying to think of any other long Treks like this in a disney park.
  • Remy exit to France proper is about 600 feet, but there is a resturant and restrooms long the way.
  • Mexico to Test track (via Odyssey) is 1000 feet, if there is no festival there are only restrooms and that car was thing on this path
  • Canada to Imagination pavilion is 1100 feet with only Bathrooms and refreshment port
  • Satuli to FotLK is about 1100 feet again only with bathrooms
I guess that distance is not as uncommon as I thought

mysto

Most of the time it's because the other family are idiots, which I'm not sure is in Disney's power to fix.
Or they're geniuses that are "socially engineering" a free LL. Aww comeon let us go pretty please.

I think a solution is to have a corral leading up to the touchpoint so no one can go around. At least that way everyone will go in turn. Eventually. There's always some chaos of people pushing by, stressful.

I also kinda like the idea of a purgatory holding pen to the side with one gate leading in (heaven) and one back out (hell) depending on the result of the argument. But yes they'll never chastise the guests.

yensidtlaw1969

I have told. It will be redone when they build Encanto/Coco.
Woof, that's disconcerting. It was bad enough when they added the extended queue a decade ago, no telling what they'd do to the rest of the space in trying to redesign the entrance.

Any chance the Coco/Encanto/Villains pathway causes that extended Mansion queue to disappear? It really was better when it was just dirt.

Kamikaze

And it's not like it would be completely foreign at WDW. That's how they handle the front entrance gates.
I was talking about the front entrance in this case. I've never seen an entrance CM call for a lead at WDW, where it happens the instant theres a problem at DLR.
If you're using rider switch because youv'e got kids that aren't tall enough for that particular attraction, yes, this happens all the time.
I literally said 'excluding rider swap'. Which - they both still need valid LLs to make happen, so this isn't an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom