Exclusive Hitchhiking Ghost SOTMK Card at MNSSHP

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
HAL778899SMALL.jpg

The Hitchhiking Ghost card is available at both the Magic Kingdom Firehouse and the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom location behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe during the party, and guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.

Full Story on Disney Parks Blog

gboiler1

That would be a fun pick up but I don't think we'd have time to play the game with all that goes on at MNSSHP. I haven't read all the specs on the SoMK game but can you play on another visit with the card?

dreamfinder

That would be a fun pick up but I don't think we'd have time to play the game with all that goes on at MNSSHP. I haven't read all the specs on the SoMK game but can you play on another visit with the card?

The game cards are just that. Cards used to play the game. You can play the game with the 5 pack of cards you get when you check in once, or you can play with the entire deck of cards. It's totally your choice. You don't need to even play it after you check in, just show up, give them your party ticket, get the special event card, and go on trick or treating.

(And actually, you don't even need the real card. Just print out the scan above and stick it on a baseball card. Good to go)

gboiler1

We played the forerunner to these games on Disney Dream. We had a blast running all over the ship. Hopefully we'll get the chance to play in MK.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
The art work is beautiful. I wonder, since it's unsigned, if that is Don "Ducky" Williams' art. He does a lot of the throw away art for the parks. I thought he was or is retired. Whoever it is, it's great. Thanks for grabbing that.

*1023*

Last edited:

dkosdros

Very cool. There should be a sticky put on the forum somewhere where people could post the pics of the cards so that other can see the all the different cards, artwork, as well as print them off and bring with us to play if we wanted to.

djlaosc

Marc Gil

Cool! You know I haven't really played Sorcerers since it first came out. I'll maybe play it again when I go back to MK this October (hopefully for MNSSHP). Even if I do go to MNSSHP, I won't be concentrating on the game, I'll probably just end up picking up the card.

Anyway, how's that pirate game in Adventureland? Is it any better than Sorcerers?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
So how do you go about getting the rest of these cards? Can you purchase them at the park?

The cards are free to pick up at the game centers,Magic Kingdom Firehouse and the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom location behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. They give you a blind pack of 5 cards and you can get more each time you visit the park.

dreamfinder

So how do you go about getting the rest of these cards? Can you purchase them at the park?

Each time you check in (typically once a day) you can get a blind pack of 5 for free. You can also get another pack when you level up. These are only common or easy to get cards. The rare cards are only available through purchasing a 7 pack. That pack includes 6 normal cards, 1 rare card, a game board and tokens to play at home, for $14.95 I believe. To get a complete set you will need to either buy a bunch of the paid packs and hope not to get duplicates, trade with other people, or hop on eBay. If you are a true completist you would need to get the party exclusive cards, which are/were only available to party goers.

djlaosc

Each time you check in (typically once a day) you can get a blind pack of 5 for free.

Does everyone have to go, or can one person go and get cards for each ticket?

For example, say I am part of a party of 5 - do all 5 people have to go to the Fire House/Liberty Square to get the cards, or can 1 person take everyone's cards and get 5 packs of 5?

I would guess that everyone would have to go for the MNSSHP/MVMCP specific cards, as "guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one"

Also, are the card locations open during Extra Magic Hours?

dreamfinder

Does everyone have to go, or can one person go and get cards for each ticket?

For example, say I am part of a party of 5 - do all 5 people have to go to the Fire House/Liberty Square to get the cards, or can 1 person take everyone's cards and get 5 packs of 5?

My wife and I both use the same keycard. When I have gone to level up/check in without her, they have refused to give me her pack, and told me that she needed to be present with me at the time. But I have also read reports of people being asked by the CMs to only have one member of their party wait in line.

I would guess that everyone would have to go for the MNSSHP/MVMCP specific cards, as "guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one"

Yes. They will need to see the ticket and wristband, and I believe they will mark one or the other to identify that you claimed the card already.

Also, are the card locations open during Extra Magic Hours?

I believe not. Checking the hours for Sunday the 15th, it is a PM MK EMH night, but SoTMK is still scheduled to close at 10. Tonight, a party night, it should SoTMK being open til 7, and then from 7 til 11pm. (SoTMK closes 1 hours before the park does)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom