"exciting" new attractions that opened this year

ar81

Original Poster
I would like to preface this by saying I havent been to WDW since early 2013, still the time of paper fastpasses. When all the closures started happening 2 years ago I tried to stay optimistic because this was supposed to be unprecedented year of new "offerings" and openings. But now that they are all open except ROL let me make sure I get this right on what has opened and the majority of the reviews.
Star wars stage show--complete bust
Launch bay--meh to ok since it is just a meet& greet
AK after dark--mostly a bust, only thing good is Everest at night
FEA- ok-but has broken down every day since opening
Soarin- ok-first got positive reviews now everyone is saying most scenes are CGI and it doesnt have the same feel as the old one in a bad way
TSMM-nothing new but more capacity
Did I get this right? Not sure how I talked myself out of going to Diagon Alley.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I would like to preface this by saying I havent been to WDW since early 2013, still the time of paper fastpasses. When all the closures started happening 2 years ago I tried to stay optimistic because this was supposed to be unprecedented year of new "offerings" and openings. But now that they are all open except ROL let me make sure I get this right on what has opened and the majority of the reviews.
Soarin- ok-first got positive reviews now everyone is saying most scenes are CGI and it doesnt have the same feel as the old one in a bad way
Did I get this right? Not sure how I talked myself out of going to Diagon Alley.
All these things combined don't approach the level of excitement for Diagon Alley, let alone with the addition of Kong and Raptor Encounter (if that's your thing). Plus some new street shows of varying quality.

Chef Kronk

You can't call DAK after dark a bust. The two headliners (RoL and Avatar) still have yet to open. The Tree of Life projections and Sunset Kilimanjaro both look intriguing.

New rides always need time to work out the kinks. FEA should be fine after a little while.

You also forgot Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and MRFF on your list.

Bacon

Friendship fair isn't on here

bethymouse

I do like the "Music, Magic, Memories" for 2016. I would not call any of these new "additions" exciting in any way. Now... when Avatarland is ready and of course Star Wars Land and Pixarland, then we can start talking!:D

ar81

Original Poster
My suggestion is to stop reading internet opinions and make your own after experiencing all these things in person.
I plan on it. I was making a simple statement based on the majority of reviews. You cant ignore the majority of reviews are bad hence the safari ride at night where u see 3 animals or jungle book show.

ar81

Original Poster
You can't call DAK after dark a bust. The two headliners (RoL and Avatar) still have yet to open. The Tree of Life projections and Sunset Kilimanjaro both look intriguing.

New rides always need time to work out the kinks. FEA should be fine after a little while.

You also forgot Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and MRFF on your list.

ar81

Original Poster
You are right. I left off the SW fireworks and it is one of the things that I look forward to the most especially because of how spectacular Symphony was. I am going in August. But then again I realize i havent seen it yet but the fw seem to pale in comparison. I am more of a fw person than a projection person. Just my preference.

ar81

Original Poster
I do like the "Music, Magic, Memories" for 2016. I would not call any of these new "additions" exciting in any way. Now... when Avatarland is ready and of course Star Wars Land and Pixarland, then we can start talking!:D
That I can agree with. Its just marketing really built up this year as tons of new experiences, shows and rides. We got 2 really themed meet and greets and one ride that used the same track as an old ride. I just feel like most of the new experiences have fallen short especially when you consider all that was closed like SWW.

ar81

Original Poster
And to Jakeman who either deleted his post or maybe someone else did. I am waiting on that tutorial smart*** on what posts belong where. There have been a ton of review posts on the news forum. My intent was hopefully that people would respond with what their experience was whether negative or positive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

No matter what you decide about Disney, you defiantly don't want to miss Diagon Alley.

Wdw62114

You lost me at "exciting". :p

Tom

Beta Return
I plan on it. I was making a simple statement based on the majority of reviews. You cant ignore the majority of reviews are bad hence the safari ride at night where u see 3 animals or jungle book show.

People tend to spend more time posting negative reviews of anything, than they do positive. With that said, I've seen as many legitimate positive reviews as I have seen negative, for just about everything you listed.

No two people experience things the same way, or have the same impression of experiences. Someone will hate an attraction, while the person sitting next to them will love it.

There's no need to summarize opinions, since, as opinions, they don't matter. That serves no purpose, except to regurgitate meaningless information.

Jones14

"where u see 3 animals" if anyone told you that there were only 3 animals that were/ are on the nighttime safari, they're either lying or blind. If you're making a generalization based off of the incorrect assertion that the "majority of reviews are bad" for every single new offering this summer, then I'd suggest experiencing the offerings for yourself before creating a thread that relies on some level of understanding of the quality of said offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom