Excellent Fireworks Viewing???

shumphr2

A really excellent place to watch the fireworks is on the catwalk outside of the California Grill at the Contemporary. We had dinner there a couple of years ago and the view was breathtaking. We had a perfect view of the castle lighting and the fireworks. Some people came in about 10 minutes before the show and went on the catwalk and were not eating there.

Eyekimore

It's just a short walk to the Magic Kingdom - you could sit in a bench just outside the ticket area. (by the security check-in area) We've sat there and enjoyed a great view of the show. You miss the really low fireworks- but the music is there. We love to watch all the crazy people rush out after they're done and then walk calmly back to the Contemporary.

BTW- We have done the fireworks at the Poly before- no music.
In addition- when we have the dog at the kennel- we've even been known to watch them where the ferry lets off. It's a terrific view. You could just take the monorail.

WDWRLD

I would say wishes has other good places to view the show, but the first time you see it it must be done from Mainstreet.

ThumperDude

Thanks guys, these are great suggestions. Many more places to view them than I thought from outside the park. We've seen the fireworks before, (including main street), but this will make a nice 'welcome back to WDW' for our first night. And I know during our stay, we will see them from Main Street, thats an absolute must.

DBV

Do you generally suggest Main Street near the park entrance, or closer to the castle?

(not sure where Casey's is, as one poster suggested)

lilclerk

Do you generally suggest Main Street near the park entrance, or closer to the castle?

(not sure where Casey's is, as one poster suggested)

Casey's Corner is at the left corner (facing the castle) of Main St.
I'd say anywhere on Main St. in front of the Partners statue is great. I sat right behind Walt once and we missed a lot of the low fireworks.

I still cried though.

Matpez

Original Poster
Since this thread came back up, I did want to mention that I was recently at MK and had not planned on watching Wishes, but instead continue enjoying the park and I discovered something really cool.
Once you have seen Wishes in all its glory from Main Street, try being in Fantasyland for it. You really don't get the story aspect, but the show takes place around you. The Castle fireworks shoot off behind you, and the main show is still in front of you. It is quite a neat experience.

Disneyfalcon

A really excellent place to watch the fireworks is on the catwalk outside of the California Grill at the Contemporary. We had dinner there a couple of years ago and the view was breathtaking. We had a perfect view of the castle lighting and the fireworks. Some people came in about 10 minutes before the show and went on the catwalk and were not eating there.

That is a great place to watch them, but I don't think they let non-diners out there anymore. They even moved the check in desk to prevent it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

MaXXimus

We were quite suprised when we last stayed at Wilderness Lodge (1998) when we heard BOOM BOOM BOOM and looked outside to see the fireworks right from our balconies. We are getting woods view this upcoming trip... I wonder if we might still see them?

WDWRLD

No you can not go up to the CG just to watch the fireworks. If you dine there a little earlier than the time for fireworks they will let you back up there by just showing your reciept. Another good place to watch wishes is Minnies backyard. The fireworks are launches from just above Snow Whites and above Philharmagic and the rest are launched right beside the firestation behind fantasyland. IMO the best place to watch wishes is from Mainstreet between Caseys and where the trolley car track splits to go around the hub.

k.hunter30

Has anyone viewed Wishes from the lake? We're doing the Magical fireworks Voyage and are planning this be the only time we see Wishes. (the other nights we'll take advantage of the short lines during the fireworks) I would imagine it's be an awesome place to watch them. :shrug:

WDWRLD

These arent the greatest pictures but you get a good idea. These were taken from the boat from FW to MK a couple weeks ago. This boat passes just infront of the wishes boat viewing area.

FW1.jpg

FW2.jpg

Giavonna98

I saw it a million bazilion times and the best viewing spot is main steer plaza.:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom