Excellent Fireworks Viewing???

Matpez

Original Poster
From the Magic Kingdom times guide:

"Wishes Nighttime Spectacular- Excellent fireworks viewing locations can be found in Frontierland, Liberty Square and Tomorrowland"

Really???

Where is an "Excellent viewing location" in any of these places?

Has anyone ever watched the show from one of these sites?

Captain Hank

There's a nice area near the exit of Big Thunder Mountain that offers very good views of Wishes. It isn't nearly as good as Main Street, but still passable.

Slipknot

The dock that runs along Rivers of America has some nice spots in Frontierland. Don't know about Liberty Square, though. But I do know that one of the BEST spots to view the fireworks (albeit a short time to view them) is at the top of Astro Orbiter.

jcat2312

For the past two years, we have sat on the train podium on Main St. We have found this location to be ideal since there are chairs and our DD has a little more "breathing" room..

Cinderella1976

I agree with the other posts, Main Street is the best viewing location. I like to stand half way up Main Street because if you are too close to the castle it can obstruct your view and you won't have to fight as many people to leave after the fireworks are over.

Legacy

The bridge into the Tomorrowland from Main Street is probably the "Tomorrowland" that they are referring to. It's not crowded normally, and you really get to enjoy the ambience of the castle lighting and see more of the low level fireworks that go off in the distance.

That and Tinkerbell will fly right over your head. That's the coolest part!

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure why they need to offer these suggestions. This isn't Disneyland...everyone can usually fit on Main Street to see the show...

Aurora_25

We have watched it from Fantasy Land and loved it- mainly because by the time they let us back out to Main Street almost everyone was gone and we had the place to ourselves. The fireworks were pretty neat too because it was more like a surround fireworks display.

Buried20KLeague

We have watched it from Fantasy Land and loved it- mainly because by the time they let us back out to Main Street almost everyone was gone and we had the place to ourselves. The fireworks were pretty neat too because it was more like a surround fireworks display.

On our last trip we thought we'd spend one night as close to the action as we could get in Fantasyland, just for the heck of it. It was actually completely different!! We were right next to the rope line they put up by the carousel. You're right in the middle of EVERYTHING. I mean, RIGHT in the middle. Covered in smoke, ashes falling, etc... It was fun. Not as great as Main Street still, but something different.

KBQueenWDW

I totally agree with watching the fireworks from Fantasyland... you are just so immersed in all the magic. I feel like a little kid when I'm watching Wishes from behind the castle because I can't help but giggle a lot! It's just so exciting! Oh, what I wouldn't give to be there tonight!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
On our last trip we thought we'd spend one night as close to the action as we could get in Fantasyland, just for the heck of it. It was actually completely different!! We were right next to the rope line they put up by the carousel. You're right in the middle of EVERYTHING. I mean, RIGHT in the middle. Covered in smoke, ashes falling, etc... It was fun. Not as great as Main Street still, but something different.

I'll second that. We thought it would be neat from there...but the steady "rain" of "material" and ash wasn't what we bargained for.

Eyekimore

My husband and I have watched the fireworks from Frontierland on a few occasions. There are some benches by the McDonald's stand that we sat on.(it might even be the smoking area:shrug: ) You miss all of the effects with the castle as the center- however for a quiet, peaceful, crowd-free, and romantic show - it's worth it. If you've never seen the fireworks before- by all means- watch in front of the castle. Frontierland is great for a relaxing change of pace!

ThumperDude

What about outside the park? The day that we arrive, we have reservations at the concourse steakhouse at the conteperary resort. We thought we'd stroll over afterwards to view the fireworks but didn't want to go inside MK after a long travel day. Any spots around the lagoon worth our time/viewing? Or should we just wait for our day inside the park?

Kadee

What about outside the park? The day that we arrive, we have reservations at the concourse steakhouse at the conteperary resort. We thought we'd stroll over afterwards to view the fireworks but didn't want to go inside MK after a long travel day. Any spots around the lagoon worth our time/viewing? Or should we just wait for our day inside the park?

I think others have said that the beach at the Poly is a good place. I've never seen them from there, but it seems like it would be good. Don't they even have the music for it there? Can someone confirm?

Vernonpush

There is a viewing area on the 4th floor at the ContemporaryResort. There are benches and they pipe in the music. We watched from there a few years ago after dinner at Concourse Steak House.

Captain Hank

I think others have said that the beach at the Poly is a good place. I've never seen them from there, but it seems like it would be good. Don't they even have the music for it there? Can someone confirm?
I've watched the fireworks from the Poly's beach once. It was actually a very good location. You really get a sense of how massive some of the firework shells are. The Poly's BGM was switched over to the Wishes soundtrack, though it was very quiet where I was (near the pool) so it was tough to hear. Might have been a fluke.

The Contemporary viewing deck is also a great location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom