Ex Disney dancer is Playmate of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye

Joke punchline:

....and Mickey says, "I swear Walt, I told her we wanted everyone to see those "TEA" Cups." :D

maxime29

Premium Member
Anyone reading the message board on the yahoo news article link?

Those things are hilarious. (Note: Not family safe)

imagineer99

Kara_Monaco.jpg

Yeah, she's got that princess thing down...;)

PixieTinkerbell

clarksfan95 said:
There are acutally two pictures of her in the new playboy...one as Snow White and one as Alice.

If I could ever figure out how to cut and paste pictures into this kinda forum setup...I would scan them and show them, but I can't figure this setup out.

Also, you shouldn't confuse a star and a playmate...they do two completely different jobs...one does....um......something that I won't mention here and the other just has non-scandalous pictures taken of her (though I'm sure a hundred people would like to argue that point). Playboy is really tame when compared to actual ....theres a big difference.

Um, not that I would know......:lookaroun

I totally agree. Playboy pictures are more like art than . Though I kinda disagree with putting those pictures of her as princesses in the magazine.

mpaul32001

I wonder what disney would have to say on the subject...."We are glad she started her career with us?"

ilovepluto23

Walt Disney is rolling in his grave right now.

Does anyone remember when Annette from the original Mickey Mouse club (I think it was her b/c this is WAY before my time!) did one of those Beach movies and Walt Disney told her she had to wear a one-piece bathing suit opposed to the two-piece bathing suits all the other girls were wearing?

He was going to kick her off the Mickey Mouse Club if she didn't comply. Of course, she wore that one-piece suit!

Walt would be so disappointed.

TAC

ilovepluto23 said:
Walt Disney is rolling in his grave right now.

Does anyone remember when Annette from the original Mickey Mouse club (I think it was her b/c this is WAY before my time!) did one of those Beach movies and Walt Disney told her she had to wear a one-piece bathing suit opposed to the two-piece bathing suits all the other girls were wearing?

He was going to kick her off the Mickey Mouse Club if she didn't comply. Of course, she wore that one-piece suit!

Walt would be so disappointed.

Do you know for sure that Walt would be disappointed? The original Mickey Mouse Club started in 1955, ffty one years ago. Alot has changed since then, along with most of everyone's decency standards.

Had Walt been frozen and thawed out today, yes, he probably would indeed be disappointed, especially with a few other Mickey Mouse Club darlings: Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Darlene Gillespie, and Doreen Tracy.

But if Walt had lived to see the changes in society from 1955 through today, I doubt that he would have cared - much like the rest of us.

ilovepluto23

TAC said:
Do you know for sure that Walt would be disappointed? The original Mickey Mouse Club started in 1955, ffty one years ago. Alot has changed since then, along with most of everyone's decency standards.

Had Walt been frozen and thawed out today, yes, he probably would indeed be disappointed, especially with a few other Mickey Mouse Club darlings: Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Darlene Gillespie, and Doreen Tracy.

But if Walt had lived to see the changes in society from 1955 through today, I doubt that he would have cared - much like the rest of us.

True, times have changed. But I think it's sad when your children take pictures with Cinderella (and all the others she's been) and then you find out she's now posing for Playboy. I mean, if you're going to pose nude, or half-nude...whatever, I've never seen a Playboy in my life...I guess the highest prestige would be Playboy. But it is sad b/c Disney kind of represents innocence and purity like children (for the most part). I think Walt would be disappointed with MANY things that has changed with his company, not just this.

jimmyritt33

I can't see how anyone has a problem with this. I assume she is no longer employed by Disney. I think it's sometimes foolish to say that "Walt would be disappointed" because the man has been gone for over 30 years and a lot has changed. Instead of worrying about what he would have said on this subject maybe people should worry what he might have thought about something else, say the cast member wages? Just something that is a little more important than one cast member that has been chosen to win the "Playmate of the Year" contest.

If you believe that this is "shameful" imagine what all of the other cast members have done?

ilovepluto23

jimmyritt33 said:
I can't see how anyone has a problem with this. I assume she is no longer employed by Disney. I think it's sometimes foolish to say that "Walt would be disappointed" because the man has been gone for over 30 years and a lot has changed. Instead of worrying about what he would have said on this subject maybe people should worry what he might have thought about something else, say the cast member wages? Just something that is a little more important than one cast member that has been chosen to win the "Playmate of the Year" contest.

If you believe that this is "shameful" imagine what all of the other cast members have done?

Well you have your opinions and I have mine. It's just that it's kinda gross when you think about guys drooling and doing things to her picture in Playboy. They might as well be holding a picture of her as Cinderella hugging a 4 year old girl. On top of that, I read someone posted that she's dressed up as Snow White and Alice in those Playboy pictures. It's just a little creepy and gross to me.

jimmyritt33

ilovepluto23 said:
Well you have your opinions and I have mine. It's just that it's kinda gross when you think about guys drooling and doing things to her picture in Playboy. They might as well be holding a picture of her as Cinderella hugging a 4 year old girl. On top of that, I read someone posted that she's dressed up as Snow White and Alice in those Playboy pictures. It's just a little creepy and gross to me.

Equating "guys drooling and doing things to her picture in Playboy" and "They might as well be holding a picture of her as Cinderella hugging a 4 year old girl" is a little twisted on your part. What are you implying by that statement? I know everyone wants to live in the Ozzie and Harriet days but that quite simply is unrealistic. I have not seen the photos in the spread and probably won't, but if she did dress in SW and Alice in photos that may be a tiny little bit over the line. I'd need to see it to believe it. In the day of the internet people post a lot of things, many of which are not true. My point is that you can't hold people to an idealistic standard especially when they no longer have anything to do with the company. What would happen if a former Snow White would get... pregnant, oh the blasphemy! If everyone has this WWWD (What Would Walt DO) standard then would Walt be happy that smoking is banned in his parks? He was a heavy smoker! The bottom line is that when you go to the parks you are entering a world of fantasy not reality. When you enter the gates you believe the magic is real, you believe that Mickey Mouse is a giant mouse that wears a suit, but you do know deep down inside that he is a person recreating the character.

Rockin Roller

Funny thing. when I was little my dad got a picture of me sitting on her lap. He told me a week ago about this and he showed me the picture. I was speechless.

ilovepluto23

jimmyritt33 said:
Equating "guys drooling and doing things to her picture in Playboy" and "They might as well be holding a picture of her as Cinderella hugging a 4 year old girl" is a little twisted on your part. What are you implying by that statement? I know everyone wants to live in the Ozzie and Harriet days but that quite simply is unrealistic. I have not seen the photos in the spread and probably won't, but if she did dress in SW and Alice in photos that may be a tiny little bit over the line. I'd need to see it to believe it. In the day of the internet people post a lot of things, many of which are not true. My point is that you can't hold people to an idealistic standard especially when they no longer have anything to do with the company. What would happen if a former Snow White would get... pregnant, oh the blasphemy! If everyone has this WWWD (What Would Walt DO) standard then would Walt be happy that smoking is banned in his parks? He was a heavy smoker! The bottom line is that when you go to the parks you are entering a world of fantasy not reality. When you enter the gates you believe the magic is real, you believe that Mickey Mouse is a giant mouse that wears a suit, but you do know deep down inside that he is a person recreating the character.

First of all...getting pregnant is not degrading. If you think it is, well...then I know what kind of person you are. Posing nude in Playboy, I find, is degrading to women. What exactly is the point of Playboy? Just think about it. Ok, and maybe you might think I'm unrealistic. I'm living "back in the day" or whatever. But maybe this world's morals are just corrupt and non-existent. There was a time where people had respect for women, or just other people in general. Everyone is obsessed with this crap. Playboy was made by a dirty old pervert. He has like 20 girlfriends, and he's what...80 now? People are so desensitized to things, it's ridiculous. Just because you think it's fine and dandy to expose your body in a magazine for men(and probably some women) to "enjoy" themselves to doesn't mean that it's right.

I accept that this happens, it's the way things are, and this is the world. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, or agree with you. I think I DID say "You have your opinions, I have mine."

And smoking is not even close to posing nude. Smoking is a habit, and a health issue. That is completely besides the point and doesn't make any sense.

My point is...she definitely DOWNGRADED herself going from Disney to Playboy.

jimmyritt33

"First of all...getting pregnant is not degrading. If you think it is, well...then I know what kind of person you are."

I was referring to S-E-X, and it was sarcasm! I just want to let you know a little inside Disney stuff, the people playing these beloved characters aren't really those characters they go home to a real world just like you and..well me anyway! Now I know why you are so on the chip about this whole issue.

I guess I can accept your opinion but we'll have to agree to disagree, just cover your eyes if you go to a museum someday, there might be a painting of a nude woman or maybe a sculpture of a naked man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom