Evil Tower UR Doomed Gone?

Damien666

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I got a few messages from my friends saying that over at TOT, the little warning message in the directory "Evil Tower UR Doomed" is now gone and has been replaced with the rides slogan "Never the same fear twice" Can anyone confirm this? :confused: If this is true, what were the imagineers thinking?:brick:

Montu

Damien666 said:
Hello everyone, I got a few messages from my friends saying that over at TOT, the little warning message in the directory "Evil Tower UR Doomed" is now gone and has been replaced with the rides slogan "Never the same fear twice" Can anyone confirm this? :confused: If this is true, what were the imagineers thinking?:brick:

Without even looking I can assure you that's not true.

The funny thing about the slogan is it wasn't even an imagineeer that put "U R DOOMED" yet that's all over every single website and has become something of legend for people that go to the ride.

I can assure you that the little slogan was still there over new years weekend. I saw it with my own two eyes and even took a picture of it. If u want I will e-mail you even though it is a waste of time. tell your friend they need to know what they are looking at!

WDW John

I was disappointed...

...in May. My wife and I went with two friends (he hadn't been to WDW since '88 and she had never been) and when we got to ToT I specifically looked for that saying to show them...and it wasn't there. I felt stupid. "Hey, guys, check this out" I said, pointing to the bottom of the case. They said, "What?!?". When I looked there was nothing there. Of course, then I had to explain it and it didn't sound as cool as if it was there. Again, this was in May of 2005.

Captain Hank

According to towerofterror.org's message board, the new message is "never the same 2wice." It seems like such a ridiculous thing to change in the first place. I wish they hadn't messed with it.

bgammill

Account Suspended
I went to MGM-Studios on saturday, and rode ToT twice that day. I looked at the place where it said "evil tower u r doomed" and i didn't see it. I don't remember the replaced phrase, but i know that the old one isn't there anymore. Don't take my word for it, but thats just what i saw. Too bad, i loved the old phrase.

DigitalDisney

It changed when I was at WDW over the past week (Jan 1 - Jan 8), and I have pictures (or at least, attempted pictures) of both slogans. When I was at MGM at the start of the trip, the sign did indeed say EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED. When I was there on Saturday, it changed to the new slogan (something about never having the same ride twice).

I'll dig up the pics as soon as I can.

Damien666

Original Poster
Ok, this is quite confusing and stupid. They got rid of the saying because it was not official?! I thought the saying was great, it made it look like the tower was telling you that this place is not good! Putting the slogan you hear and see on billboards and ads just makes no sense at all.

First SGE and now this, OI!

Main Street USA

WDW John said:
...in May. My wife and I went with two friends (he hadn't been to WDW since '88 and she had never been) and when we got to ToT I specifically looked for that saying to show them...and it wasn't there. I felt stupid. "Hey, guys, check this out" I said, pointing to the bottom of the case. They said, "What?!?". When I looked there was nothing there. Of course, then I had to explain it and it didn't sound as cool as if it was there. Again, this was in May of 2005.
It was definitely still there may of of this past year. I was there in Dec. and saw it myself.

Nicole

Just to throw out an idea, would it be so horrible if the "secret message" in there changed on a regular basis? So that on every trip you'd never know what it would say - and those who have been to WDW several times and know to look for it would "get the joke" while most casual guests would walk right on by without even knowing there was something to look for??

Buford

as of Sunday, it read "Never the same fear twice" according to a friend....I haven't even seen the effect :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The old letters were sent out for refurbishing and spell-check. :rolleyes:

I imagine that the old letters will be back after enough complaints are filed .

Let's all start writing.

BellhopMicah

Hopefully, one of the bellhops will change it back. I know two that are conspiring to.

I just don't understand, after 11, almost 12 years of it being there, that theyd' want to change one of the most revered elements of Tower's theming to something completely lame.

DiPSU224

This is such a shame. Little details like that are what sets Disney apart from the rest. Hopefully it will be returned to the way it was.

I'm glad I at least have a picture of it from my last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom