Everything Right with "The World"

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
This place has recently turned into the "let's bash anything & everything Disney" boards. Mistakes, fix this, fix that, why is today so much worse than back in the day....it gets plain sickening. :mad:

So to turn it around a bit, why not a POSITIVE thread about Disney. You know, where you post things you appreciate about WDW, and GOOD things going on right now, such as FLE, the new animation resort, and so on.

Any takers, or is this topic not whiney enough about why (insert ride name here) isn't as good as it used to be?

forevermickey

I guess I'll start with I just love being in Disney "period":sohappy:
Is everything to perfection.... how could it be. I'll tell you this... my past 4 WDW visits with my family ( I have been about 15 times as a single gal:)),
I could not tell you things that may have not been perfect....(because I can't remember) but I can tell you stories and memories of wonderful times that we had. I love CBR ( our home away from home) I love MK and all my heart feels it stands for... I still LOVE Epcot despite some things I am not crazy about.... I still enjoy myself to the fullest there. I have a new love for DAK... this Sept. will be our 3rd time there and I can't wait to go back and explore more... I love HS for it's awesome thrills and all it has to offer. I love visiting all the resorts to take in all the beauty and uniqueness each one has. I love all the music piped through every square inch of WDW.... I love riding the Monorail ...... I love being at WDW..... I love to see the changes even if some I am not totally happy about.. but change is a way of life in all aspects..... I love Disney:sohappy:

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
I guess I'll start with I just love being in Disney "period":sohappy:
Is everything to perfection.... how could it be. I'll tell you this... my past 4 WDW visits with my family ( I have been about 15 times as a single gal:)),
I could not tell you things that may have not been perfect....(because I can't remember) but I can tell you stories and memories of wonderful times that we had. I love CBR ( our home away from home) I love MK and all my heart feels it stands for... I still LOVE Epcot despite some things I am not crazy about.... I still enjoy myself to the fullest there. I have a new love for DAK... this Sept. will be our 3rd time there and I can't wait to go back and explore more... I love HS for it's awesome thrills and all it has to offer. I love visiting all the resorts to take in all the beauty and uniqueness each one has. I love all the music piped through every square inch of WDW.... I love riding the Monorail ...... I love being at WDW..... I love to see the changes even if some I am not totally happy about.. but change is a way of life in all aspects..... I love Disney:sohappy:
^Well said.

I think a lot of people do not accept change, and always want to hold on to the Disney that was. But the place is constantly going to evolve...for the better, I think...and people are going to have to accept that fact. Sure, I'd love to see Adventurer's Club, Horizons, Toad, all of that back. But let's not overlook what good there is, and what improvements that will continue to come in the future. "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.." as the song says. :)

Kamikaze

This place has recently turned into the "let's bash anything & everything Disney" boards.

Message boards, as a whole, are basically negative. People don't 'vent' with positive statements, its why things like the Better Business Bureau are faulty, because people don't go to praise good experiences as often as they would complain.

That said, this board has always been this way, and its not going to change.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Message boards, as a whole, are basically negative. People don't 'vent' with positive statements, its why things like the Better Business Bureau are faulty, because people don't go to praise good experiences as often as they would complain.

That said, this board has always been this way, and its not going to change.

It's that way because people care.

If they did NOT care and know what they are capable of then they wouldn't be so vocal.

To be apathetic and accept mediocrity will beget more mediocrity.

While I don't consider myself a doom 'n' gloomer, I also expect a lot from Disney.

rsoxguy

While I do grow weary of some of the incessant negativity and complaints that I have to filter through on this forum, we should all realize that criticism has its place. I remember some time ago when Eddie Sotto stated that Disney "people" actually do read these forums. Can we cause great changes? We may never know.

wolf359

On my visits this and last year, I found the buses to be running much more efficiently than any other trips. They seemed to come more frequently, and had almost no sharing. There was almost always a Cast Member at the bus stop contacting dispatch to keep the necessary buses flowing. Compared to 2007 it was like night and day.

Seeing most of the scrims from last year come down this year was great. I can't recall Magic Kingdom especially looking so fresh, clean, and well maintained.

WeLoveTheMouse

Agreed, OP! Great thread idea! While I enjoy the discussion around these parts, I do get sick of all the negatively. Some posters are so negative I can't even understand why they like Disney at all!

We are visiting WDW very soon and here are some of the positives that I am looking forward to(in no particular order):

the thrill rides(RnRC, EE, Space Mtn, etc)
the great themed rides(Haunted Mansion, Small World, Dinosaur!, etc)
the old favorites(Pirates, CoP)
the shows(Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of Little Mermaid, etc)
the fireworks shows and Fantasmic!
the atmosphere, just walking around and soaking it all up
the Streetosphere performances at DHS
the little things like Jammitors, Kim Possible, etc.
the restaurants(they may be overpriced, but we still enjoy them!)
cooling off at the water parks(in particular the wave pool at TL)
finding new stuff we haven't done before(Sum of All Thrills)
trying a new resort(Animal Kingdom Lodge)
riding the monorail
pictures with characters

When I go to WDW I love feeling like a little kid and trying to enjoy every minute of it. Where else can I go and have an experience like WDW?

WDWisAMAZING

This place has recently turned into the "let's bash anything & everything Disney" boards. Mistakes, fix this, fix that, why is today so much worse than back in the day....it gets plain sickening. :mad:

So to turn it around a bit, why not a POSITIVE thread about Disney. You know, where you post things you appreciate about WDW, and GOOD things going on right now, such as FLE, the new animation resort, and so on.

Any takers, or is this topic not whiney enough about why (insert ride name here) isn't as good as it used to be?

I completely agree with you! I love Disney World for what it is. Yes, of course things may need to be fixed or changed. But we can't expect Disney to fix everything in the blink of an eye. I am very excited for what is to come in the next few years. :)

CaptainShortty

Agreed, OP! Great thread idea! While I enjoy the discussion around these parts, I do get sick of all the negatively. Some posters are so negative I can't even understand why they like Disney at all!

We are visiting WDW very soon and here are some of the positives that I am looking forward to(in no particular order):

the thrill rides(RnRC, EE, Space Mtn, etc)
the great themed rides(Haunted Mansion, Small World, Dinosaur!, etc)
the old favorites(Pirates, CoP)
the shows(Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of Little Mermaid, etc)
the fireworks shows and Fantasmic!
the atmosphere, just walking around and soaking it all up
the Streetosphere performances at DHS
the little things like Jammitors, Kim Possible, etc.
the restaurants(they may be overpriced, but we still enjoy them!)
cooling off at the water parks(in particular the wave pool at TL)
finding new stuff we haven't done before(Sum of All Thrills)
trying a new resort(Animal Kingdom Lodge)
riding the monorail
pictures with characters

When I go to WDW I love feeling like a little kid and trying to enjoy every minute of it. Where else can I go and have an experience like WDW?

Enjoy my home!! You're going to love it! It's a fantastic resort. Make sure you take advantage of all the activities going on around the resort (especially the night vision goggles).

For me, I just love being there. It's enough to make me look past most of the little things that are wrong with the park. I just go "oh, that stinks" and move on. I can't wait to be back "home" in January and experience the magic again. I can't wait to see my friends and watch the fireworks and give Mickey a big hug! On top of that, the FLE expansion makes me giddy with excitement for something new. I can't wait to see everything that's gone on there since I was there last January. =)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I completely agree with you! I love Disney World for what it is. Yes, of course things may need to be fixed or changed. But we can't expect Disney to fix everything in the blink of an eye. I am very excited for what is to come in the next few years. :)

Most of what people have issue with in terms of repairs and maintenance are with problems that are long-standing. Yeti, SSE, the debacle surrounding PI/HW, the list is unfortunately a sizeable one. Yes, there are some for whom a burnt lightbulb becomes the end of the (Disney) world. But the other issues deserve to have a case made for Disney being more active in getting them resolved.

MaxsDad

Well, I'll at least try ....

I like the newer character heads they started using a couple years ago, the ones whose mouths move when they talk. That is a big improvement. I would like to see this tech advanced to other areas of character life.

I like that after years of hearing about it, they have finally changed Star Tours. I look forward to seeing the outcome in a few weeks.

I like that they brought Fantasmic! back to a nightly schedule, at least momentarily. Maybe I'll actually get to see it (again) this time!

I like that they are trying to do something to accomodate families larger than 4. (Value Suites). Choice is good for everyone.

I like the smiles I see on people's faces when I am there. Some people are really enjoying themselves when at WDW, in spite of all its shortcomings.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
Enjoy my home!! You're going to love it! It's a fantastic resort. Make sure you take advantage of all the activities going on around the resort (especially the night vision goggles).

For me, I just love being there. It's enough to make me look past most of the little things that are wrong with the park. I just go "oh, that stinks" and move on. I can't wait to be back "home" in January and experience the magic again. I can't wait to see my friends and watch the fireworks and give Mickey a big hug! On top of that, the FLE expansion makes me giddy with excitement for something new. I can't wait to see everything that's gone on there since I was there last January. =)
^That's usually when we go, mid to late January. :) Best time to visit (imo) weather-wise. Also the time of year we're getting sick of the winter up here, and ready to see some Fla sun.

stargrl33

One thing I love about being at Disney World is that I don't have to think about the outside world at all. I don't have to step foot off Disney property the entire time I'm there! Also, I have never encountered a rude Disney employee. And most of the other guests are all super nice/happy to be there.

CaptainShortty

^That's usually when we go, mid to late January. :) Best time to visit (imo) weather-wise. Also the time of year we're getting sick of the winter up here, and ready to see some Fla sun.

I love visiting then too! I'm off from college in January so it just works out perfectly. Love that it's not really crowded and the weather is great. Sometimes it's even a little cold! But I would much rather put on a sweatshirt than be sweating to death in July.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
10000071.png

kumbaya.jpg

stargrl33

So do you have these images already saved on your favorites, or did you actually have to take time out of your day to find them for this thread? Maybe what you are trying to say is, I really enjoy campfire sing-alongs at Disney World. I don't know.

:brick:

Looking back on the rest of the posts in this thread, half of them are, big surprise, NOT about what Disney does correctly.

With that said, I am DONE. Don't need to add to the negativity any more since there is certainly enough floating around.

menamechris

Looking back on the rest of the posts in this thread, half of them are, big surprise, NOT about what Disney does correctly.

With that said, I am DONE. Don't need to add to the negativity any more since there is certainly enough floating around.

I tend to find that the most negative people don't know how to take a joke...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom