Everyone is forgetting something

clarabellej

On a dark note:Did y’all see the videos of the Rats in New Orleans???! Not Mickey Mouse, but tough street rats!! Something to do with quarantine and shutting down restaurants in New Orleans. They (the street rats) had gotten very brazen and were even showing themselves in the middle of the street in broad daylight. This has to be taking a toll on any freeloading wildlife that lives off what human’s throw at them in the parks. Did we even see wild bunnies in WDW or am I delusional?

Jenn Finan

On a dark note:Did y’all see the videos of the Rats in New Orleans???! Not Mickey Mouse, but tough street rats!! Something to do with quarantine and shutting down restaurants in New Orleans. They (the street rats) had gotten very brazen and were even showing themselves in the middle of the street in broad daylight. This has to be taking a toll on any freeloading wildlife that lives off what human’s throw at them in the parks. Did we even see wild bunnies in WDW or am I delusional?

I remember seeing a few bunnies when I was staying at Port Orleans Riverside. They were sooo adorable!

Lilofan

The squirrels would eat by living off the land like the people in Hawaii did a long time ago before the USA introduced Hawaii to junk food.

electric

Original Poster
OP, when your fridge is empty, what do you do? - Asking for a friend.
What are you getting at? There are probably a number of animals in the parks that have never had to fend for themselves. All they know is crumbs and popcorn on the ground. Nice try though

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Remember it all started with a mouse.
I dare you to post a picture of a mouse next to that weird thing that some claim started Disneyworld. It’s almost 6 feet tall and bipedal for starters! It’s mouth didn’t move, then it did move, then it sometimes moved. Never seen eating. We’re clearly dealing with some kind of alien presence that is trying (and failing spectacularly I might add) to emulate “generic earth being”.

Now, I’m going to delve deep into conspiracy here, but I *think* a human started Disneyworld and was probably brainwashed by that giant alien thing. I feel like it was either Roy or Walt Disney or Roy E. Walley. I tend to lean towards Walley because the Disney name is a giveaway.

Also, explains the ducks since it wasn’t man made. You are 100% correct about that, sir!

erstwo

That depends.

If WDW has more birds and bunnies, it is likely WDW also has more of the critters that eat birds and bunnies too!

I recently saw a news bit about how bears are quickly taking advantage of the lack of people in natural-type state parks, so it wouldn't surprise me if other critters are doing the same. (in the other thread, someone was asking about national parks and going now, and social distancing... I didn't quite get around to mentioning the potential for critter encounters!)

Once, we wanted to walk from Ft. Wilderness back to WL after dark, and a CM strongly advised against it citing a list of critters such as coyotes that are active in the wooded areas of WDW at night. I can't say for certain that's true, but I've seen gators, snakes, armadillos, racoons, geckos, and other wildlife in Orlando.

Oh, and PLENTY of anoles! I bet the anoles are having a field day without all us pesky humans!

You know - speaking of predators and bears - I've always wondered how WDW didn't have any black bears wandering the resort areas. I have a friend who lives in Orlando who can't even let her kids wait at the end of the street for the bus because she worries about the bears that wander her neighborhood.

Somehow those Country Bears must have negotiated some sort of strict 'If we're going to do 100 Jamboree shows a day, there better not be any other bears allowed on WDW property' type contract..... :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom