Everyone eat the Eggrolls

jwbeck3

Original Poster
They are in Adventureland, there is a cart for them. If I remember right it is between the treehouse and the flying carpets. They are sooooo good, it's going to become my new tradition to get one (and a dole whip of course). Except last time I was in the world I bought seven, yes I know I'm pathetic

WDWspider

Originally posted by jwbeck3
They are in Adventureland, there is a cart for them. If I remember right it is between the treehouse and the flying carpets. They are sooooo good, it's going to become my new tradition to get one (and a dole whip of course). Except last time I was in the world I bought seven, yes I know I'm pathetic

I can't go to Disney without getting an Eggroll from Adventureland. On the other hand... I've yet to have a Dole Whip, but will in about a Month for sure (along with my Egg Roll of Course :animwink: )

A Dole whip and an eggroll is the best! :slurp: Although I do miss that restaurant that used to be right there in the building the Dole whip place is connected to.

cymbaldiva

Oh I do love the eggrolls! :slurp:

I was wondering though...I would swear that they used to have pizza egg rolls too. Did they, or did I just dream that one up? :confused:

wyattkelly

It's been a long time, but...is the chinese restaurant still in Adventureland? It was sponsored by Kikkoman, this I remember...but I don't know if it was there last time I was there.

cymbaldiva

I know that one has to have been gone for awhile...I don't ever remember seeing it, and I always remember a Chinese restaurant! :slurp: :animwink:

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by jwbeck3

They must be pretty good, then. But then again.. I don't like eggrolls :hurl:

Merlin0402

Are the eggrolls the same resort wide? Because I always have to get the eggrolls in China at Epcot. They are soooooo good! Anyway, the old restaurant in Adventureland was called, I think, the Adventureland Terrace. There's a memorial page on it at Widen Your World. Check it out...

jwbeck3

Original Poster
They used to be next to the Dole Whips in that patio thingy, then they didn't ahve them for a long time and now they are back, but now its a stand, ont a restaurant

cymbaldiva

Seriously Ya'll! Does anybody remember "pizza" eggrolls? I am so sure that they used to be there...I think it was in the mid-90's...

Are there any old-school fans out there that might remember?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by SorcererYensid
A Dole whip and an eggroll is the best! :slurp:
Ewww... I think if I had the two of them together at the same time I'd :hurl:

They sound really good (yummy dole whip... :slurp: ) but NOT together! :lol:

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Turkey Legs are healthy!

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
What's an eggroll? Sorry, I'm a little sloooooow. :p

An eggroll is really the same thing as a donut, just inside out! With an eggroll they flatten out some dough, dip it into egg white and then rap some "stuff" in the middle. Sometimes the "stuff" can be good (such as fresh shrimp, vegetables and rice) and other times the "stuff" can contain leftovers from last nights garbage (similar to chop suey). After they "close" the roll, it is deep fried in oil until it is golden brown and crispy. Donuts (uhmmmm) are made the same way. Dough is smashed out into a little disk and then a hole is cut into the center. The dough is then painted with egg white and deep fried in oil (turned with a wooden stick) and then covered with sugar glaze or other junk. Both are very unhealthy. Don't eat them unless you are a member of the Simpson family.:lol:

jmarc63

Re: Turkey Legs are healthy!

Originally posted by Talsonic
Dough is smashed out into a little disk and then a hole is cut into the center. The dough is then painted with egg white and deep fried in oil (turned with a wooden stick) and then covered with sugar glaze or other junk. [/B]

Accually the entire donut including the hole it "cut" at the same time.I dont know where you buy your donuts but there NOT painted with egg whites, after being cut there just fried in oil.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
I'm talking quality!

Originally posted by jmarc63

Accually the entire donut including the hole it "cut" at the same time.I dont know where you buy your donuts but there NOT painted with egg whites, after being cut there just fried in oil.

No. A "real" bakery makes them from scratch! You must properly mix and kned the dough. The egg white paint gives the donuts the "golden" glow. Sure, there are cheaper ways to accomplish the task, but they're not as good. Forgive me. I am student of quality. And yes, the round and the hole are cut at the same time, but the hole must be removed! Two steps. Sorry for my lack of complete description.

cymbaldiva

Re: I'm talking quality!

Originally posted by Talsonic

No. A "real" bakery makes them from scratch! You must properly mix and kned the dough. The egg white paint gives the donuts the "golden" glow. Sure, there are cheaper ways to accomplish the task, but they're not as good. Forgive me. I am student of quality. And yes, the round and the hole are cut at the same time, but the hole must be removed! Two steps. Sorry for my lack of complete description.

But if they're so unhealthy and shouldn't be eaten then how would you know, or care about for that matter, the difference? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom