Everybody neat and pretty?

Are you neat and pretty?

• Total voters

jw24

Well, it's both yes and no in terms of do I care how I look in the parks. I do shower and brush my teeth every night before I sleep at Disney. And I do shave in the morning because I can't stand facial hair myself. As for hair, I'm never crazy about it. I don't comb it or anything. (Although I do typically get a haircut before my trip however...) I never wear T-shirts that have cracks in the designs but I do designate them as my pajama shirts, shirts I'll only wear for sleeping in bed and nothing more. I never wear my Disney t-shirts I already packed or have bought on the trip as pajamas. They're too precious! I do take comfort into account by not wearing certain colors to avoid attraction from bees or dark colors for comfort from the heat. I'm pretty selective about what clothes to bring to Disney World, but it hasn't gotten to a point where I designate outfits for every day of my stay although the one exception is when I go all in and wear sport gear of my favorite team if they're playing a big match that day when applicable because that's what I typically do on big sporting matches of my favorite teams. Shorts are never an issue and I just wear what I want. Shoes, it's always sneakers to the parks because it's a ton of walking. I'll only wear flip-flops walking around the resort and that's it.

I'll always wear a hat and sunglasses but I do bring multiple hats because I like to spice it up and not wear the same hat too much but the decision to wear which hat is more of a, "Whatever I feel like I want to wear" idea except the stuff about going all in with sports gear for a big match that I stated earlier.

Britt

I don't wear make up on my face almost ever, just mascara and eyebrows darkened (not drawn, just darkened! Haha)

Hair is straightened, possibly a pony tail.

I'm not really a big hair/makeup kind of girl.

*and I shower daily, teeth brushed daily and nightly, deodorant and body lotion daily. Shave legs and such daily. Vacation is no excuse to be a slob!*

luv

Original Poster
Cracking up that you sneak and iron her clothes LOL!!!!
She tells me not to when she's around. Says she LIKES the wrinkles. So I wait until she showers or goes out to smoke and I whip that board and iron out so fast, lol.

One time she came back from smoking and didn't even open the closet, but sat down and said, "Did you iron my shirt?" I said, "And your shorts." And that was all that was said, lol.

Mrsdonaldduck

I'm from Jersey and we have laws. LOL I don't wear all brand new clothes(I do some shopping for each trip) but I do my hair and put on something nice to go with my mouse ears!

Fru Fru Jersey girl here. I dont go to the grocery store without eyeliner on! LOL I never know who I will run in to LOL. !

Fellow jersey girl here and I follow those same rules..... Hair done, mascara and lip gloss on before leaving the room....... Mani pedi and a few new shirts purchased from probably marshalls before vacation.

Mrsdonaldduck

She tells me not to when she's around. Says she LIKES the wrinkles. So I wait until she showers or goes out to smoke and I whip that board and iron out so fast, lol.

One time she came back from smoking and didn't even open the closet, but sat down and said, "Did you iron my shirt?" I said, "And your shorts." And that was all that was said, lol.
Omg luv!!!!!! I love your family!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No makeup for me or the kid. However, I do iron and starch our clothes. I keep them rolled up organized by outfit, so they have all the items in a nice roll, including underwear and socks (if socks are to be worn with that outfit). It makes getting up and going very easy in the morning. Just pick an outfit and go!

If you roll them carefully, the shirts / shorts / pants won't get wrinkled. However, every now and then I'll need to run over it with a quick iron before heading out.

Now, this does lead to one thing regarding the kid that I DON'T do.

You'll note in pretty much every picture / video, her hair is in microbraids.

This is intentional. She has difficult hair (curly, tangles easily, frizzy), and it takes up to two hours to really do well with it (wash it, flat iron, etc). This is something I don't mind dealing with when she is visiting me in Atlanta, but on a trip, I really don't care to mess with her hair a few hours a day. That's time away from the parks!

So, I take her and get some VERY tight braids put in. Then, for the length of the trip, while we do wash her braids, I don't take her hair down. The only year we did was 2011, when she did the BBB. It took nearly three hours to undo all her braids, and that was with her mom and I both working on her head at the same time!

luv

Original Poster
No makeup for me or the kid. However, I do iron and starch our clothes. I keep them rolled up organized by outfit, so they have all the items in a nice roll, including underwear and socks (if socks are to be worn with that outfit). It makes getting up and going very easy in the morning. Just pick an outfit and go!

If you roll them carefully, the shirts / shorts / pants won't get wrinkled. However, every now and then I'll need to run over it with a quick iron before heading out.
Starch?!!!

How can you possibly be single?

If I were a marrying kind of girl, I'd propose right now.

Starch.

Sigh. <3

Raven66

I put a mix because I do wash,comb and put the hair in a pony. I also shave my legs. Don't want to scare little children. I bought a couple of new shirts and shorts. I hope I look passable. BUT now that my daughter is 16 her ritual will be quite different. Hair straightened, mascara and eyeliner applied ever so slowly. I haven't worn make up in years. Just don't care enough haha I told her that half way thru the trip she will just be throwing her hair into a ponytail and leaving the make up in the make up bag. My husband just showers and runs his hands thru his hair. DONE!

olinecoach61

We often pick up a few new shirts for the trip, we like to look decent. We usually go out to one romantic / special meal each time we are n WDW so we get dressed up those days

NiarrNDisney

I am a mix! I don't go so far that I am primping every min of the day but I am known to dress a bit nicer when in Epcot since we may have diner at a TS. If we are going out for drinks or dinner elsewhere (Boardwalk, DTD, Resorts) I will also dress up but otherwise inside the parks it's shorts, polos, t-shirts, comfortable shoes etc. etc.

SAV

I go the guy route. Quick shower, some hair gel, brush teeth, maybe shave and hit the parks. Now while my DW is doing all of her primping and what not, I will iron the wrinkled suitcase clothes to make them presentable.

MattC

I'm a guy. So not a lot involved in me getting ready. Clothes are ironed and my hair is short, so a little gel and good to go. My wife doesn't stress too much either. Clothes are ironed, hair is normally put up to prevent it from looking "crazy" (her words, not mine), and she puts on minimal make up. On the hot summer days I'm not sure if she worries about the make up at all. All in all we are up and ready to go quickly.

Soarin' Over Pgh

prepare for heart attack:

I don't even OWN an iron.

If it can survive the dryer, come out unwrinkled and be hung up, it can survive me. hah!

bubbles1812

Wear minimal make up. My foundation has sunblock in it, so that is nice. Usually just eyeliner and mascara after. Hair goes up into a ponytail if it isn't short... If its short I dry it mainly to prevent it from going all over. (It likes to dry on its own at odd angles, which is made even worse by humidity). But I don't care if it is perfectly coiffed.

I wear comfy broken in shoes and being clothes that don't require ironing. Shower every day. And always wear that all important deodorant... Which so many people seem to forget. Yuck

pupster

I live in the north of England , i think it was only warm enough 1 day last year to wear a dress so in florida I make an effort to be pretty instead of hiding under jeans and coats.
Unfortunately my hair does not like Disney with all that humidity and water being sprayed everywhere so it doesn't get straightened as usual.

acishere

In the time it took my gf to get ready for the parks I was able to go for a run, shower, get breakfast from the food court, and bring it back to the room.

I think its a Jersey girl thing mixed with the fact that since she wears scrubs to work, the rest of the time she must be dressed all trendy and stuff.

DfromATX

I'm the kind that usually doesn't leave the house without my makeup and hair fixed. I curl my hair almost everyday of my life! (Once in a while I take a break.) I do all that at Disney as well, however, due to the humidity and being outside all day, well, it just doesn't last and my hair usually ends up in a ponytail.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My wife wears the least amount of make up possible and usually has her hair tucked into a hat when we're in WDW.
Probably has something to do with the fact that I have her up at the crack of dawn every day of our vacation.
Nah seriously she's a low key type of gal, wears make up but she's also not afraid to go 'natural'

Sad to say but I'm probably more concerned about my looks than she is.
I want to make sure I match, have a decent smelling cologne and I'll usually make sure I got some new duds for each of our trips. That's the quido in me.
I mean I ain't GTL or anything but I got a little bit of that "gotta look good" thing going on in my head....even though the end result probably ain't as good as I think...haha!!

I of course shower but it's always before bed so I can hop right up and get going in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom