Everybody neat and pretty?

Are you neat and pretty?

• Total voters

Figgy1

Fru Fru Jersey girl here. I dont go to the grocery store without eyeliner on! LOL I never know who I will run in to LOL. Besides, I would hate to scare small children if I left my resort with no makeup on!! It would kill me to think I would be mistaken for Ursula or better yet, The Beast ::::::shudders::::: See? I even scare myself!
OMG I won't even go out on my deck without lipgloss bush and eyeliner.

Kristamouse

I voted primped but not overboard. I do wash and blow dry round brush my hair and do a smooth pony, wear sunblock bronzer, waterproof mascara and lipstick. I also re smooth hair and recheck the face in the bathroom, as well as my daughters. Our clothes are clean and pressed if the fabric allows and I always have a main and pedi. None of this takes longer than 10 minutes total and perhaps 2mins for fixes durning the day. My children are also groomed to a point. The boys have clean cuts with a spiky top and if time allows we do a Micky stencil on the back of head with colored gel, like the barber shop does. My girls have a smooth pony with hair bows to match outfits. My girls wear comfortable tank and tees form etsy with WDW spefic designs and coordinating skorts (at 8 and 4 they still need to work on modesty in dresses despite the fact the wear them daily!) and coordinating crocs. The girls do go and get pedies with me as a pre trip ritual. My sons wear clean shirts with matching shorts and crocs. DH does a performance fabric golf shirt and nice shorts. I prefer dresses and skirts to shorts, of a decent lenght. I get grossed out thinking of my legs touching rides, benches etc but my skirts aren't pentacostal lenght either. The reason we look nice is pictures! Our first trip I look back and scare myself worn off make up face and 1/2 curley 1/2 straight hair. To be honest we do look nice, groomed and clean most of the time so this isn't a streach. It really doesn't take much effort to look nice, I mean we're not dressing for prom;)

luv

Original Poster
Meh, I wear whatever to amusement/theme parks.

This is actually my first WDW trip (leaving Wednesday morning!!) aaaaand I have 4 tank tops, a pair of capris, a pair of pants (sleeping/lounging, comfy!) two pairs of shoes/flipflops packed in my bag. I'm chunky, I have chunky arms. I don't really give a crap. I'll brush my hair, my teeth, put on some makeup (not alot!) and luckily for the rest of yall, deodorant before I leave the hotel room.

I just need to look "good enough" for photos. Really, anything above that is a plus.

edit to add: I bought three new tank tops for this trip, specifically. LOL Does that count for anything?
Shorts, woman! Where are the shorts listed?! It's getting hot in Orlando!! You need some shorts on that list!

DisneyDebNJ

I voted primped but not overboard. I do wash and blow dry round brush my hair and do a smooth pony, wear sunblock bronzer, waterproof mascara and lipstick. I also re smooth hair and recheck the face in the bathroom, as well as my daughters. Our clothes are clean and pressed if the fabric allows and I always have a main and pedi. None of this takes longer than 10 minutes total and perhaps 2mins for fixes durning the day. My children are also groomed to a point. The boys have clean cuts with a spiky top and if time allows we do a Micky stencil on the back of head with colored gel, like the barber shop does. My girls have a smooth pony with hair bows to match outfits. My girls wear comfortable tank and tees form etsy with WDW spefic designs and coordinating skorts (at 8 and 4 they still need to work on modesty in dresses despite the fact the wear them daily!) and coordinating crocs. The girls do go and get pedies with me as a pre trip ritual. My sons wear clean shirts with matching shorts and crocs. DH does a performance fabric golf shirt and nice shorts. I prefer dresses and skirts to shorts, of a decent lenght. I get grossed out thinking of my legs touching rides, benches etc but my skirts aren't pentacostal lenght either. The reason we look nice is pictures! Our first trip I look back and scare myself worn off make up face and 1/2 curley 1/2 straight hair. To be honest we do look nice, groomed and clean most of the time so this isn't a streach. It really doesn't take much effort to look nice, I mean we're not dressing for prom;)
I even iron my son's and husband's tshirts LOL The sleeves MUST have a crease ;)

moonwishes2013

Shower, Hair dried & in a clip, mascara only, nails always painted, t-shirt & capris, comfy shoes!!! Of course this is the way I go around at home to, LOL!!! I get dolled up only for extremely special occasions, & most people do not know that it is me.

Pooh Lover

Another full makeup, ironed clothes, hair gone over completely with a hair iron and sprayed, bejeweled gal here. I'm so OCD that I do my own pedis but the hair is taken care of right before a trip. I carry a bottle of body spray that I'm constantly spraying everywhere and at least one lipstick is in my backpack. I may look like a hot mess 10 minutes after I leave that room but at last glance in that mirror before I leave, I gave it all I had. ;)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Shorts, woman! Where are the shorts listed?! It's getting hot in Orlando!! You need some shorts on that list!

Hahaha! I have long legs, I rock capris MUCH better than shorts (thick thighs, woo!) I'll be wearing a pair, plus bringing a pair, and pants to sleep in. If even. Chances are, they'll be backup only.

I never looked good in shorts. So there, maybe I DO care a little. LOL

Geez now you guys are making me second guess my "chuck it on and go" attitude with Disney :\

Tod&BigMamaOdie

Hahaha! I have long legs, I rock capris MUCH better than shorts (thick thighs, woo!) I'll be wearing a pair, plus bringing a pair, and pants to sleep in. If even. Chances are, they'll be backup only.

Geez now you guys are making me second guess my "chuck it on and go" attitude with Disney :\
Nah, rock what you feel best in.

luv

Original Poster

If I weighed 800 pounds, I'd still be putting on shorts. It is HOT in Florida! And fat insulates, so the fatter you are, the hotter you get.

But if you're more comfortable in the capris, that's what you should wear. Drink a lot of water. :)

PeoplemoverTTA

In "real" life I wear very little makeup anyway...moisturizer, sunscreen, powder and blush will usually do it. Oh and lip gloss. I'm a very low maintenance gal, lol. The same holds true for WDW. I typically pull my hair back into a ponytail, especially when visiting in the summer. Although I'll let my hair down for photos.

As for ironing...yeah, I'm not one for ironing clothes :D. They're wrinkled as soon as you sit down in the them anyway! I roll clothes in my suitcase so they aren't obnoxiously wrinkled, and I hang them up in the hotel so that any wrinkles fall out anyway. I do this in real life too - I never iron! I hang or fold clothes from the dryer so that while they don't look pressed, they don't look sloppy either. Fair enough for me!

I guess I'm just lazy :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom