Every park is an all day park.

AintNoOtherMan

I conisder Hollywood Studios a half-day park. There aren't many things to do for me. I'm not a huge thrill ride fan, or a movie fan. But Animal Kingdom is a full day park for me, because I love animals. I could do the safari all day. But MK and Epcot are full-day or even multi-day parks.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Every park is an all day park is a statement I should have clarified by saying, "Every park is an all day park for us and how we tour parks." We never get bored and enjoy so much more than just rides. For example, we can spend a lot of time at DAK just exploring the trails and animal watching. Ad a couple of shows and a leisurely lunch and the day is already half gone and we have not even gotten started good. I realize our way of doing the parks is different, but we do what works best for us, as I hope everyone does.

JIMINYCR

Every park is an all day park is a statement I should have clarified by saying, "Every park is an all day park for us and how we tour parks." We never get bored and enjoy so much more than just rides. For example, we can spend a lot of time at DAK just exploring the trails and animal watching. Ad a couple of shows and a leisurely lunch and the day is already half gone and we have not even gotten started good. I realize our way of doing the parks is different, but we do what works best for us, as I hope everyone does.

YES. YES. YES. Every park can be an all day park. It is all determined by each individuals ( or families) plan of action. We also take advantage of all that the parks have to offer. We dont rush through, we plan our days to include a full days portion of events. Weve never gotten bored of doing a ride, seeing a display, watching any entertainment that weve experience before.

luv

If your family chooses to skip stuff, then obviously you can finish sooner.

But every park has enough to do that it could take an entire day (or more) to see/do it all. :)

AndyS2992

Yes all theme parks are all days parks if you make them that. Say you go to DAK and do all the rides but then walk around for hours just looking at the scenery and animals then yes it is all day but for me anyway once I have ridden and seen everything there(rides and shows and some restaurants/shops and scenery) then I leave as I have done everything. I usually go to DAK at opening and leave around 2pm. However I can and always stay at DHS all day :p

luv

Yes all theme parks are all days parks if you make them that. Say you go to DAK and do all the rides but then walk around for hours just looking at the scenery and animals then yes it is all day but for me anyway once I have ridden and seen everything there(rides and shows and some restaurants/shops and scenery) then I leave as I have done everything. I usually go to DAK at opening and leave around 2pm. However I can and always stay at DHS all day :p
There is no way you ride every ride, see every show, visit every attraction, walk the paths and visit all the lands before 2:00. Maybe you hit all the stuff you want to hit, but you don't do EVERYTHING and leave at 2:00.

MarkTwain

YES. YES. YES. Every park can be an all day park. It is all determined by each individuals ( or families) plan of action. We also take advantage of all that the parks have to offer. We dont rush through, we plan our days to include a full days portion of events. Weve never gotten bored of doing a ride, seeing a display, watching any entertainment that weve experience before.

This. Any park can be a full day park for certain guests, if they have the right kind of interests or willingness to take in EVERY trail and EVERY show. The difference is that parks like Magic Kingdom or Epcot tend to be full-day parks for just about everybody, regardless of their interests. I think that is the way people wish AK and DHS were: that there were more variety and attractions for every kind of park guest.

sbkline

I have never been able to make AK a whole day park.

The first few times we went, we did not do midday breaks. We just went to the park and when we were done with it, we either went back to the hotel (we stayed off site the first few times) or parkhopped somewhere else. We would go to Magic Kingdom at open and stay till 10 or 11 PM. We would get to Epcot at open and leave anywhere from 7 PM to close. The latest we were at AK (again, without a midday break) was 3 or 4 PM.

Now, we stay onsite and do midday breaks. We will be at any given park until noon, 1 PM, 2 PM or so. Then go back to the room for a nap and back out to that park or another park, or just be done with the parks for the day and do something else. So AK is truly a half day park. We will only be there until 2 or 3, then we're done and we only do that one day of our entire trip. So we may have two different days where we go to DHS, 3 or 4 at Epcot, and 3 or 4 at MK, but all we do at AK is one day, half a day. We just can't find nearly as much to do there to keep us there very long, or to bring us back another day.

However, on our 2010 trip (our son's first trip), he got that stamp card where the kids get their cards stamped at each land, after seeing some kind of conservation spiel. He was excited about his stamps and he didn't get his card completed on our half day there. I wanted him to be able to get his card completed, so I saw to it that we worked in a few hours first thing on Saturday morning so he could get the rest of his stamps. We did, and I think we were out of there by noon. No matter how you cut it, we simply can't find enough to do there, nor do we have the interest in that park to do much more than a token half day visit.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
There is no way you ride every ride, see every show, visit every attraction, walk the paths and visit all the lands before 2:00. Maybe you hit all the stuff you want to hit, but you don't do EVERYTHING and leave at 2:00.
You don't even do a good part of what is there to do and leave at 2 p.m.

The Empress Lilly

I can spend a full day in any WDW park. But then, I'm a WDW freak and I only ever visit it annually.

I don't know how long I could spend in a park if I wouldn't spend half a midday checking the ceilings in the shops in Hollywood Boulevard. I do know that at Disney Studios Paris - a park which I loathe - I'm done in a few hours, after doing the headline attractions, a few shows and perhaps a parade. I guess this is how the half-day crowd feels.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I've never felt that ANY park at WDW is a half day park....but I'm into EVERYTHING (with the exception of Playhouse Disney) that the parks have to offer. We all get what we want out of the theme park experience. I'm just happy that I'm getting WAY more for my $ than some of you are.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I've never felt that ANY park at WDW is a half day park....but I'm into EVERYTHING (with the exception of Playhouse Disney) that the parks have to offer. We all get what we want out of the theme park experience. I'm just happy that I'm getting WAY more for my $ than some of you are.

Of course, I'm in favor of new attractions too, the more the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom