Every Attraction Hints

Patrick_Ears

Original Poster
So is this true that every attraction has something hidden in it or on the ride it self??? Please need to know, going very soon and would love to find some or maybe all hahaaa. :ROFLOL:

IWant2GoNow

So is this true that every attraction has something hidden in it or on the ride it self??? Please need to know, going very soon and would love to find some or maybe all hahaaa. :ROFLOL:

Most of the attractions have "Hidden Mickeys" in them somewhere whether it be in the queue or during the ride somewhere. Some are really noticeable while others are REALLY hard to find. There are also sometimes props from old attractions that are no longer there that get thrown into existing rides as well. Have fun! The Hidden Mickeys are tough to spot at first but once you find your first one you should be able to start picking them up a little better.

Patrick_Ears

Original Poster
Ahhh so most do have it. Also when entering MK, under the train bridge the poster along the walls sometimes gives us hints on what's coming to the parks???? Don't know if this is true or not....

Pioneer Hall

I think that every attraction has "something" to it. Hidden Mickeys are plentiful, inside jokes and tributes are also all over the place as well. Read around and you will find things that will surely amaze you.

Master Gracey 5

I have noticed that at the ToT if the wait time dips below 10 minutes they post 13 instead.

I remember reading somewhere that the HM and ToT are the only rides that will exhibit a non multiple of 5 wait time, in this case 13. Its all part of the 'spooky' theme and means the ride is extremely short at that time.

DisneyJoe

All attractions were created with highly detailed back stories, things aren't necessarily "hidden", you just need to look for all of the fine details - for example, the hinges on the shutters on the windows in Liberty Square.

Look for some of the WDW Trivia books or the Hidden Mickey's guides.

the-reason14

I've seen the 13 minutes for ToT and HM. One detail that I miss was the evil tower u r doomed. I cant understand why they got rid of it as it was a very nice detail.

rodserling27

Yeah, I never got to see the EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED either....maybe the tower itself isn't exactly evil? Too frightening for kids? Maybe the ghosts of the tower removed it.:shrug:

RoRo

Ahhh so most do have it. Also when entering MK, under the train bridge the poster along the walls sometimes gives us hints on what's coming to the parks???? Don't know if this is true or not....

Its not, the posters are posters of some of the different lands and attractions in the park.

MarkTwain

I've seen the 13 minutes for ToT and HM. One detail that I miss was the evil tower u r doomed. I cant understand why they got rid of it as it was a very nice detail.

Yeah, I never got to see the EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED either....maybe the tower itself isn't exactly evil? Too frightening for kids? Maybe the ghosts of the tower removed it.:shrug:

What is that exactly? Strange, I've never heard about anything like that...

Maryssa*

Re: Hidden Mickeys - They ARE signatures of the people who worked on the rides, at least that is how the trend began.

Re: train tunnel posters - They are meant to be like the coming attractions posters at a movie theater showing you what is to come once you enter the park (not really future attractions, jsut what is there now that you will experience as you proceed further). It goes with the whole "show" flow of the park.

stlbobby

Re: Hidden Mickeys - They ARE signatures of the people who worked on the rides, at least that is how the trend began.

Re: train tunnel posters - They are meant to be like the coming attractions posters at a movie theater showing you what is to come once you enter the park (not really future attractions, jsut what is there now that you will experience as you proceed further). It goes with the whole "show" flow of the park.

I know this splitting hairs a bit, and I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, but I like the image and I want to share it.

I think the posters are more like the posters found in travel agent's offices and used to populate places like airports. They are the advertisements for the exotic lands that the RR visits, and you will see as part of your great adventure.

Same idea as movie posters. I just love the picture the travel posters paint. I think of a young George Bailey dreaming of the places he'll visit, the stickers he'll put on his luggage, and souvenirs he'll collect.

BrerFrog

What is that exactly? Strange, I've never heard about anything like that...

There is a directory sign at the Tower's lobby, if you looked at the bottom of the sign you would see some dropped letters that would speel "Evil Tower U R Doomed". Google that phrase and you will find some pictures. :wave:

I have no idea why they removed that, though.

Cmdr_Crimson

In Star Tours While you are in the first room with R2-D2 and C-3PO listen carefully to the announcements of a land speeder with the vehicle ID THX-1138 and A person named Egoreg Sacul's vehicle being in a Non hover zone..

THX-1138 is Lucas first film
and Egoreg Sacul is George Lucas Backwards..

In Muppet*Vision 3D At the finale when the theater explodes and Sweetums comes out asking if everyone is okay..Keep watching the screen..Sweetums is in the crowd on the right side of the screen...(NOTE: He will be more visable in the Digital version. I saw it at DL)

A Good book to find for tons of secrets is The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World..
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Magic-Walt-Disney-World/dp/1605500631

Tom

Beta Return

Interesting. I've never seen 13 at the HM, but I've seen 5 and 10 plenty of times. I've only seen the 13 at ToT.

There is a directory sign at the Tower's lobby, if you looked at the bottom of the sign you would see some dropped letters that would speel "Evil Tower U R Doomed". Google that phrase and you will find some pictures. :wave:

I have no idea why they removed that, though.

It was, reportedly, an "unofficial" Hidden Mickey. I saw it years ago, but it's never been there in any of my trips over the last few years.

Ziffell

There are also sometimes props from old attractions that are no longer there that get thrown into existing rides as well.

One of my all time favorite examples of this is actually at DL in the Indiana Jones Adventure. This attraction was built when the land DCA sits on was still the DL parking lot. The show building is so huge that they had to use a portion of the parking lot (specifically, the Eeyore section) on which to build it. In one of the rooms of the queue (the projector room actually), if you look up in the rafters there is an Eeyore parking section sign hidden up there. It is tricky trying to spot it even if you know what you're looking for and where to look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom