Everglazed Donuts and Coldbrew coming to Disney Springs

peter11435

if they didn't put it up yet and it is already open, it is most likely not going to happen....
It’s very common for things like this to be installed after opening. There are many issues that could have delayed fabrication or installation but this has no bearing on the venue opening on time. They installed all of the lighting to illuminate the donut so I still expect it will arrive eventually.

Bocabear

It’s very common for things like this to be installed after opening. There are many issues that could have delayed fabrication or installation but this has no bearing on the venue opening on time. They installed all of the lighting to illuminate the donut so I still expect it will arrive eventually.
it may happen...but no, it is not common to be missing a key exterior element and go ahead and open...Because then to install the key element they will have to close off the area interrupting their business...as well as any other touch up, etc...
I guess it is possible that the one piece was delayed, but it is not common to not install until after the business is open and running.

peter11435

it may happen...but no, it is not common to be missing a key exterior element and go ahead and open...Because then to install the key element they will have to close off the area interrupting their business...as well as any other touch up, etc...
I guess it is possible that the one piece was delayed, but it is not common to not install until after the business is open and running.
The installation will be done overnight and would not require the business to close.

It would be ridiculous to delay opening a ready to open facility because a decorative prop is not ready. The donut is nice, but it is absolutely not key to the restaurants operation.

And yes it is quite common especially on Disney projects for attractions and facilities to open and have props, signage, and show elements added and installed after opening.

TikibirdLand

The installation will be done overnight and would not require the business to close.

It would be ridiculous to delay opening a ready to open facility because a decorative prop is not ready. The donut is nice, but it is absolutely not key to the restaurants operation.

And yes it is quite common especially on Disney projects for attractions and facilities to open and have props, signage, and show elements added and installed after opening.
OK, Let's not drag ROTR and JC into this discussion!

Goofy Ninja

You'd figure they would have themed it better. Especially after they saw Voodoo Donuts at CityWalk. I was hoping for a roadside feel to it and an alligator in a Hawaiian shirt mascot.

Amidala

The toppings on the specialty donuts were too much for me, and the donuts themselves were just okay imo. Found myself mentally comparing Everglazed w/ Vodoo and definitely prefer Vodoo by a mile. You do get your money's worth, though. The donuts are massive and covered with all kinds of stuff. But personally I would rather spend my $$$ at Gideon's when I want to satisfy my sweet tooth at Springs. Although Everglazed doesn't have multi-hour waits which is a point in its favor for sure lol

Bocabear

You are so right because I remember when Jock Lindseys's Hangar Bar opened and it was just a plain box...And T Rex opened as a plain metal shed and added the theming and props afterwards...that is so common for Disney to do... LOL

peter11435

You are so right because I remember when Jock Lindseys's Hangar Bar opened and it was just a plain box...And T Rex opened as a plain metal shed and added the theming and props afterwards...that is so common for Disney to do... LOL
You’re being ridiculous.

You can pretend all you want but this sort of thing is common. Just because you didn’t notice or don’t remember doesn’t change that. The secondary marquee for Runaway Railway that was installed over a year after the attraction opened is a perfect example. This item was in the original scope of work but did not make the attractions March opening. Thankfully they didn’t keep the attraction closed until it was ready.

Bocabear

I am often ridiculous, but MMRR installed their main marquee long before it opened... and the Donut is part of their main marquee...
If the donut went up in the first week-month after opening, I would get it, but not 5 months+.... That is extremely uncommon.

peter11435

I am often ridiculous, but MMRR installed their main marquee long before it opened... and the Donut is part of their main marquee...
If the donut went up in the first week-month after opening, I would get it, but not 5 months+.... That is extremely uncommon.
The donut is a decorative element that is not necessary for the operation of the restaurant or for location identity. Again the secondary marquee for MMRR was installed 13+ months after the attraction opened. That is only one example. You can continue to say/think otherwise but this is not uncommon at all.

Bocabear

But the donut is the primary decor element for the store....PRIMARY vs secondary marquee...and yes, it is not necessary for the store to operate, which is most likely why it will never show up...If you are already open and operating at capacity, why would they spend 10k plus to put a donut on the roof a year later?
Do you KNOW it is in production? because 6 months for a scenic element planned a year and a half in advance is an awfully long lead time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom