Everest Website delayed

1stStarIC2nite

Disney ALWAYS does this! I knew I should have expected this, too. This is what happens when you revolve your day around this and all you get is "coming soon". Ironic, huh? Oh well... hopefully soon is sooner than we think...

EpcotServo

SirNim said:
"Coming Soon!" - I hate those two words! :mad:

;)
lol ya read my mind.:lol:
"Warning! During Expedition: Everest you will be enclosed in YET-1 trainers that simulate deep space Yeti conditions."
"It's go Time!!!":lol:

rdour@techminds

Don't worry about it so much. This is Disney. it just seems that they don't understand what is available. All of their sites lack in quality because they just assume the people visiting them are potentially quite out of date with their surfin' technology. They use old flash, old QT, and provide almost no community atmosphere.

But they are not alone. Check out www.sixflags.com some time. Their site is horrible. How about Universal Studios, also garbage. These entertainment companies must have a reason for this though. Here are some potential "executive" barriers to entry into this market:

* Copyright worries. So caught up in the fear of p2p that they've totally missed the point. If they provided park albums and other media for purchase online, I'd have quite the credit card bill.

* No shopping. So they just let these other companies do it for them. They would make a killing if they put their product up on the website.

* Fear that people may not come to the parks if they can preview attractions. This is garbage. Someone is going to put up content like this anyway, and it will look like a$$. They have the opportunity to do this with the proper camera equipment and lighting, and they could use DRM technology if it makes them happy.

* They are being incredibly cheap about the bandwidth usage. It is already quite apparent. Look at their DNS records, not using multiple servers to handle the load. Crazy, considering how cheap bandwidth really is. Every time I visit their website, I'm lucky if it doesn't time out or miss one of my http requests entirely.

So now here is my question. What could Disney do on their website that would be next to impossible for 3rd parties to produce? What one-of-a-kind feature could they create to make their website worth a daily visit?

Please discuss, I want to know if anyone else has some creative ideas.

Ryan

Damien666

Ok, whoever said the ride sucks. If it's because you saw the video then DON'T even try to say it sucks! The video may show you what the ride is like, but it's nowhere close as being on it! For example, videos of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad may not look exciting, but when you go on it it's a great ride! Never judge a attraction by a video, it's nowhere near the same a being on it.

Besides, I think Joe and the team did a great job on EE. It's a attraction that has the Disney magic in it! (Unlike SGE)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I dare say there are a lot of questions right now about a ride that dosn`t officially fully open for 3 months and is being shown in full worldwide as we speak - on the day the website was possibly meant to offer more teasers.

Heads will roll!

jaymatal

sgzfgdfg01.jpg

ballewclan

marni1971 said:
I dare say there are a lot of questions right now about a ride that dosn`t officially fully open for 3 months and is being shown in full worldwide as we speak - on the day the website was possibly meant to offer more teasers.

Heads will roll!

I completely agree! I mean with a video circulating i bet the website had some information that pretty much is nothing now. I feel sorry for the people who made the ride just for someone to go and leak a video to the entire world before the opening...so much for trusting cast members!

Reminds me of Willy Wonka and his factory workers giving away his recipes...they should have had oompa loompas test the ride...or some himilayan tribe or something, im sure they wouldnt have brought on cameras!

DiPSU224

I can not believe I just saw that picture. Thank you for ruining a surprise for me and potentially for others. Hope you're happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom