Everest walkway closed

SpenceMan01

I'm patient, but.....

288worthlesswithoutpics8dn.gif

missionspace

DS456 said:
Anyone know where the mural of EE is located? Apparently in the mural you can see a yeti which has the distinguished feature of Joe Rohdi.

I have a picture of the Yeti mural! I don't know how to post it so Give me your e-mail and I will send it to you! You can post it if you want!
THANKS!

Sergeant Tibbs

Yen_Sid1 said:
They are just adding a lot of decorations. A lot of flags and pennants and painting and aging all the temples and buildings. The standy line and fast pass line signs are up over the main entrance. Standby is to the left and Fastpass to the right.
wont a bunch of flags on top of Mount Everest look kinda out of place?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Sergeant Tibbs said:
wont a bunch of flags on top of Mount Everest look kinda out of place?

I beleive they mean in the village - in short, paint and "hard goods" (physical structures) work is done, now they're adding "soft goods."

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Can i ask why people feel compelled to post that they took pics and will post them later...?

I never understood the logic in that.

celestia

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Can i ask why people feel compelled to post that they took pics and will post them later...?

I never understood the logic in that.

Because I wanted to post what I saw, and the photos are on a camera I was borrowing which my friend has now, I am waiting for him to e-mail them to me.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yeah, but people here get in tizzies (is that the proper plural of tizzy? I need the spelling police..)

Anywho - post good for info, bad for upsetting natives ;)

Though they usually get over it.

stof911

maybe its just me or it is a very large inside joke but what is up with the ladder, and for the person who had the ladder 49 poster up did anyone notice or it was just my theater where it happened but the boom mike that is used in the film was shown more than any of the actors

Connor002

stof911 said:
maybe its just me or it is a very large inside joke but what is up with the ladder, and for the person who had the ladder 49 poster up did anyone notice or it was just my theater where it happened but the boom mike that is used in the film was shown more than any of the actors

I never actually saw Ladder 49, though I hear it was good. As for the ladder joke, I'm not really sure how to explain it, I guess we're all just crazy. :hammer:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the ladder started with M:S construction - maybe before, but it definately came from Epcot. Essentially people here were doing constant trip reports and updates - with the photos we all love - and there were tons of pics of the work, with lots of ladders.

A certain type of ladder, i think it's a 12ft, with aluminum steps and orange painted "legs" kept reappearing in different photos of the construction site.

Given that M:S's construction was highly visible from the hills of Epcot's planters, Test Track's lounge, and big gaps in the construction walls, mixed with the mystery of the ride system itself (and the reality that there's nothing to really take a picture of like a roller coaster) the ladder became a staple of the picture addiction.

sillyspook13

mousermerf said:
I think the ladder started with M:S construction - maybe before, but it definately came from Epcot. Essentially people here were doing constant trip reports and updates - with the photos we all love - and there were tons of pics of the work, with lots of ladders.

A certain type of ladder, i think it's a 12ft, with aluminum steps and orange painted "legs" kept reappearing in different photos of the construction site.

Given that M:S's construction was highly visible from the hills of Epcot's planters, Test Track's lounge, and big gaps in the construction walls, mixed with the mystery of the ride system itself (and the reality that there's nothing to really take a picture of like a roller coaster) the ladder became a staple of the picture addiction.
The original ladder joke began with a Mission: Space photo update that took place shortly after a special event (probably for Imagineers or upper management). The update showed all of these chairs and tables set up really nice for the event. The next update showed that most of the stuff from the event was gone- except one chair and one ladder. Several jokes were made about the chair and ladder. Most of the following updates contained the same ladder. It became sort of a "Where's Waldo?" with the ladder. (I admit, I supplied a few shots...)

Since Mission: Space opened, the ladder has appeared in several other places. The ladder lives!!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom