everest vs mummy

MKCP 1985

I have and like them both very much, but they are quite different even though they are somewhat similar. To my perception, Mummy has more special effects, is completely indoors and you don't get the sense of being really high up like you do with Everest. Everest, being a mountain expedition is indoors and outdoors and you feel the experience of the cold mountain air and the tunnels through the mountain.

I feel both are "can't miss" attractions. :wave:

BRER STITCH

As mentioned, the number and quality of the effects on the Mummy were far greater. I absolutely loved the Mummy AA and the "fire room" effect!

Everest was just OK and made me feel dizzy after riding. The queue is better themed than the ride, I think, and the only real effect is the Yeti, which is so quick you could miss it!

Both exciting in their own way, but I'd jump in the Mummy line quicker than the EE one if given the chance.

:)

bsandersjr

I rode both of them.

It is very hard to pick "which is better"

ROTM is spectacular!

EE is awesome!

So, i guess IMO, I'd say it's a tie.

loboftbl

My family and I just rode both of them last week and the unanimous opinion of everyone in my group was the Mummy blows Everest out of the water. Our opinion is that Everest is made more like Big Thunder Mountain with the exception of going backward and being somewhat faster in the turns. If you ride more toward the front on Everest if feels real slow(at least it felt that way when I rode up front).
The Mummy is not a ride for the entire family in my opinion. The Mummy feels faster and defiantly has drops along with a general more "intense" feeling. My family and I will have to go to Universal now anytime I visit WDW for this ride and several other reasons.

TimeTrip

Everest is a good ride, no doubt. While it's not 100% fair to compare the Mummy directly to Everest, after I rode Everest I said to myself and friends that i'd rather ride the Mummy.

Tim G

BRER STITCH said:
As mentioned, the number and quality of the effects on the Mummy were far greater. I absolutely loved the Mummy AA and the "fire room" effect!

Everest was just OK and mad me feel dizzy after riding. The queue is better themed than the ride, I think, and the only real effect is the Yeti, which is so quick you could miss it!

Both exciting in their own way, but I'd jump in the Mummy line quicker than the EE one if given the chance.

:)
although I'm absolutely Disney, I must admit that the Mummy has a better stop & go effect... and it's slightly faster the accelleration is much better, but then again...it's a whole different ride...

CrashNet

It depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I like Everest more because it has one of the longest and most unique backwards sections on any rollercoaster I've been on. Plus, I kind of like the two seater train ride type more than I do four across. And that hill...AWESOME. :D

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
thanks people i want to ride it soon!!!!!!!!!!! although i can NOT stand big drops !!!!!!! I DO NOT RIDE ToT. My wife talk me into one time and that was it! So I worry about the drop on EE. WE will be down there in a couple of weeks only one day at the parks, not sure where we will go as of now. Next trip will be this fall for a whole week I will for sure ride EE then (at least once)

Siege898

I would pick Everest. Of course that could possibly be because I've only ridden Everest 5 times, to the 50 times I've ridden the Mummy.

"I would have enjoyed this interview alot more if I had a gotten a cup of coffee!!!"

Graci23

Sad to say this cause i love Disney more than anything but i have to pick Mummy over Everest. Both very similar to me but mummy has a couple of sweet unexpected drops and turns that feel amazing. I enjoyed Everest a lot with the backwards portion and all but if i had to choose which one i liked best.... Mummy wins !! PS: Rock N Roller Coaster is AWESOME !!!!

MagliteL13

Graci23 said:
Sad to say this cause i love Disney more than anything but i have to pick Mummy over Everest. Both very similar to me but mummy has a couple of sweet unexpected drops and turns that feel amazing. I enjoyed Everest a lot with the backwards portion and all but if i had to choose which one i liked best.... Mummy wins !! PS: Rock N Roller Coaster is AWESOME !!!!

If I had to pick, it'd be RotM all the way. (Not that I'm biased or anything...) I honestly don't think the two attractions compare. RotM compares more to RnR than it does Everest.

jozzmenia

I would like to add to this thread that I have not yet ridden the mummy and will ride it for the first time this Saturday. :sohappy:

The last time that I went to universal was 2 years ago. I wanted to ride the mummy sooooooooo bad. however, i was with relatives and their were 4 kids, and although i could have paid for both parks, they could not afford to take the kids to both parks. so they let me decide - IOA which i had never been to, or universal which i had been to at least 3 times...so i went to the new park of course and missed out on the mummy :cry:

QUESTION: how would u guys compare the mummy to Indiana Jones in Disneyland? that is one of my all time favorite rides if not THE all time favorite of any park. i thought it was GREAT! anyone been on both want to make a comparison?

seabelis

I haven't been on the mummy, but i don't see how Indiana jones would compare. IJ is just like dinosaur, it's not a coaster at all. Apples and Oranges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom