Ever meet the Mayor?

Fritz_and_Ernst

Original Poster
My friend did not believe me that there was a mayor of Main street. Then on his last trip he saw him. What do you think the mayor's official duties are? Do you think he has to worry about wheel and property taxes?

Number_6

I saw the Mayor one day. He was talking with the Dapper Dans. One of the Dapper Dans was mentioning a song called "Meet Me in the Cornfield Ellie, I Want to Kiss You Between the Ears." The Mayor responded with, "Is that a follow up to your other song, 'Head on Over to the Roundhouse Ellie, They Can't Corner You There?" :lol:

FBullock

I was there in May with my wife & her twin Sister for their 50th Birthday. We got a picture of the ladies with the Mayor. They really enjoyed the attention.

DisneyChik17

After I found out there was a mayor, I really, really wanted to meet him. I haven't yet, but maybe in December. He has to do Christmas greetings.

BTW, What does he look like? I get this image of the conducter from Thomas the Tank Engine with a beauty queen sash that says Main Street Mayor. LOL!

WDWRLD

We saw the Mayor last week. We also saw the Main Street Fire Chief. Never had seen him before.

Attachments

• 6-29-05 PM 172.JPE
    6-29-05 PM 172.JPE
    15 KB · Views: 75
  • 7-1-05 AM 082.JPE
    7-1-05 AM 082.JPE
    15.6 KB · Views: 79

Buzzes Dad

We met the Mayor on our last trip in Jan. Real friendly guy. He knows a lot of trivia and city/town locations also he has some great stories to tell. He was telling us one abot a cousin of his that ran for the town board near where I live but lost to a Mr. Dale that looked a lot like a chipmunk:lol: He really is quite a guy to be around.

WDWRLD

Have ya ever noticed that when he asks you where you are from he usually says "My favorite resturant is there......McDonalds".

sharkgirl

I met the mayor in January 2001. We enterered the Magic Kingdom at opening and he was on Main Street. I briefly spoke with him and told him that someday I wanted his job. Very nice, pleasant man even posed for some pictures.

DisneyChik17

Brian Skinner said:
Have ya ever noticed that when he asks you where you are from he usually says "My favorite resturant is there......McDonalds".

That's a really cute safe line. I don't think I've ever been to a town with out McDonalds.

shoppingnut

I've seen the mayor quite a few times. Sometimes he is out right before the afternoon parade talking with guests who are waiting on main street. I've never seen the Fireman before, didn't even know there was one, have to look for him on my next trip. I have, however, seen the town gossip a number of times, she is usually out and about with the mayor. She is a total riot, she is dressed in turn of the century costume and carry a parisol.

Atta83

The fireman I have noticed just recently, I do not remember his name though. The mayor has been out there for a while and is always running around along with the other folks of main street USA.

beagle 1

Me and wife did meet the very jocund mayor on our Honeymoon.

Off the subject, I have also met the Director in MGM. The ironic part is this: A week prior to our trip, my wife and I attended the Greater Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival where he was playing a comedic wizard. My wife and I remembered him because of his wonderful performance. We approached him regarding this fact and he did acknowledged the fact that he was a performer a week prior at the Greater Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival. In addition, he remembered me because I was a volunteer in his stage act. We got his picture and he wished us well.

Aurora_25

Have pictures of him with me DD and some from our Honeymoon....Very nice guy :)

Have you met the woman that is "running" for Mayor?? She is Hysterical!!

Kirstin's Mom

We met him December while there for my daughter's 5th birthday. He posed for pics, then when we told him it was her birthday, he announced (very loudly) "Hear ye, hear ye, I proclaim today to be Kirstin's birthday in the Magic Kingdom!" Then, he started singing "Happy Birthday", and everyone on Main St. piped in too! What a wonderful, unforgettable moment....

barnum42

After a session of the Dapper Dans, one of the Dans, Neel stayed out to chat with my Mother and I, then the Mayor came by and joined in. He and Neel had quite a repartee going :D

LostNametag

There is also a Mayor of Hollywood over at MGM. I used to talk with him, and all of the other Streetmosphere players, quite frequently. Has anyone seen him? From the pics it looks like it could be the same guy, but I'm not sure. He was usually with his cleaning lady Rosie. They were always yelling at each other loudly, then making up after they gathered a crowd. Any stories about more of the Streetmosphere players? I was their biggest fan when I was down there. <grin>

Connor002

you met the mayor, but i met the big guy

he was right there in the kingdom, a bit rat-like though

what was his name, oh thats right...

Eisner:lol:

no really i've never seen the mayor or Eisner
i'll look for them next time, but i might not want to see the latter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom