ever lose anything on a ride?

wyldstalyn84

colliera said:
I've lost my share of sunglasses in parks and rides to numerous to mention. The one time it did matter to me was about 3 years ago when I lost a purple cap with a black bill that said Walt Disney World on it with Walt and World in blue and Disney in rainbow colors. Flew right off my head as I was hanging on for dead life on Primeavil Whirl. I checked with Guest Relations and they called back to the ride for me. This was at park close and the lead CM walked the track (or more like under it) and found the cap and ran it up to Guest Relations. Not a big deal for a cap but it was the one tradition I had when going to WDW. I wore that cap. As far as I know it isnt' made any more. Didn't really mean anything to anyone but me. Can I say enough about how CMs will go out of their way for guests! :sohappy:
I do believe you've lost a pair of sunglasses on Spaceship Earth and I remember when you lost that purple cap at AK. I think you lose something everytime you go to a theme park!:p:lol:

colliera

The count is two.

Yea, I've lost two pair of sunglasses on SSE. Never got them back though.

BTW, For your eyes only. Jan 21-22 '06 is a hard date as of today. I couldn't wait any longer as the window of opportunity was closing. Maybe you'll be able to be there.

Nemo14

I lost my first digital camera at DTD a few years ago. The CM's were very nice to me and tried to find it, but I never got it back:cry:

Tigger1988

Nemo14 said:
I lost my first digital camera at DTD a few years ago. The CM's were very nice to me and tried to find it, but I never got it back:cry:

Oh wow, I would be seriously heartbroken (My camera is my baby haha)

My dad lost his Yankees World Series hat on splash mountain...he deserved to, we told him to take it off.

ballewclan

A special edition pin from a CM who was really nice and said "Have this pin, and DONT TRADE IT!! Its a really nice one and someday will be worth something!". It fell off riding Star Tours...we couldnt find it afterward, i was heartbroken. Now i cant even remember what was on the pin! :cry: My dad got really angry afterward that i lost something of any value, to me it was more losing some of disney's magic...:( Im pretty sure it had all the disney characters on it with a date and some other things.

ogryn

I lost some sunglasses on Kraken @ Seaworld....

...but when I say lost, I mean destroyed, as I put them in my pocket :eek: :hammer:

Ducky_Love

Well.. I didn't lose anything.. but it ended up in lost & found

This year I was allowed to throw beads off a Mardi Gras float at Universal Studios. The only catch was that you COULD NOT bring any personal items with you, but they said they would reimburse us for the locker rental (and I didn't really care about paying for it anyway). So before going to the parade area I chucked my purse in a locker near the back of the park. Had a great time in the parade.. looked around a little "back stage" then started back over to retrieve my purse. Security stopped me just before the locker area and told me that part of the park had been closed (even though the rest of the park was open for over an hour)!! When I questioned about the contents of the lockers I was told our things would be moved to L&F after the park closed-- I was 20 feet from my purse!!!!

So I dragged up to L&F and the girl was just surly. I sat on the curb for over an hour until I saw a security guy walk up with a trash bag over his shoulder... he just dumped the contents of the bag on the L&F counter and it was a free-for-all. Everyone just grabbing what they thought was theirs. I managed to snag my purse.. and was a little disgusted that ANYONE could have walked off with it (there was no asking to describe it, or checking for ID inside). I walked out of the park and haven't had much desire to go back since.

And THAT is what I call the Disney difference....

ProjectTracker

The only thing that I lost was my favorite pair of sunglasses when I was the first person to go on "it's a small world" when it officialy opened. I had put my glasses on my lap and when I left I forgot to pick them up.

Goofy4WDW

My daughter left her pack on the monorail. We realized it, while we were in the Grand Floridian gift shop. One of the CMs at the gift shop was able to contact the monorail, and the driver had it for us on their return trip.

Once, while riding BTMR, someone's cap flew off about three seats in front of us. My wife snatched it out of the air, as it whizzed past her head. The owner was real surprised to get it back.

TESTDUMMY S64

Not me personally, but my dad thought that you could leave your hat on on Splash Mountain and nothing would happen to it :brick: He was gravely mistaken. It was a brand new hat as well.... :cry:

Tigger1988

TESTDUMMY S64 said:
Not me personally, but my dad thought that you could leave your hat on on Splash Mountain and nothing would happen to it :brick: He was gravely mistaken. It was a brand new hat as well.... :cry:

Haha, even if you warn them, dads just love to wear their hats on Splash...its sad but true :lol:

Tigger1988

Goofy4WDW said:
My daughter left her pack on the monorail. We realized it, while we were in the Grand Floridian gift shop. One of the CMs at the gift shop was able to contact the monorail, and the driver had it for us on their return trip.

Once, while riding BTMR, someone's cap flew off about three seats in front of us. My wife snatched it out of the air, as it whizzed past her head. The owner was real surprised to get it back.

hahaha that rider on BTMR might have been me! :lol: haha that happened to me once..I was lucky someone caught the hat

Bellhop Jer

I lost a brand new pair of Golden Mickey Ears on the Rock 'N Roller Coaster! It made for one great picture though and I really didn't care... I mean, after all I was in WDW? lol. I just bought new ones later on! Rock On~! ºoº

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom