Ever get the back from WDW blues?

Buzzes Dad

Original Poster
Whenever we get back form WDW, I usually go about a month before I look at disscussion boards, or anything else related to WDW for the sake of missing the place too much. Then I snap out of it, as we begin to put our pictures in the photo albums, find places to put our soveigners, and my wife creates a scrap book from the trip and I start thinking when is the next time I can go, and begin to start saving money for the next trip as well as planning what we may want to do that we did not get done this past trip.

Does anybody else go through a funky process like this?

rentNdisney

you are not alone. every time we go to Disney, its during a school break and i always have to go to school the day after we come back. Let me tell you, good old Archbishop Molloy HS is like hell when you were in Disney 24 hours ago. It takes me a good month to get over what i like to call my Disney Deprevation Depression. Everyone in my family tells me to snap out of it and my friends think I'm a freak, but they jsut don't get it

tigsmom

rentNdisney said:
you are not alone. every time we go to Disney, its during a school break and i always have to go to school the day after we come back. Let me tell you, good old Archbishop Molloy HS is like hell when you were in Disney 24 hours ago. It takes me a good month to get over what i like to call my Disney Deprevation Depression. Everyone in my family tells me to snap out of it and my friends think I'm a freak, but they jsut don't get it

Malloy is still open? :lol:

We all go thru WDW withdrawl. For some people it starts as soon as they check out, for others when they get home and get back to the "real world".

Keep those photo ablbums and planning videos handy... and visit with us on a daily basis. We'll keep you sane. :wave:

Kwit35

Typically called PDD - Post Disney Depression. It is perfectly normal and we all go through it. But don't worry, there is help. *pats on back* Here on the boards you will get much of the support you need to get through this difficult time. :)

NitroStitch

Post-Disney Blues?

I only get the post-Disney blues every time I go to Disney and have to go back to the real world. No matter how often I'm at Disney and how soon I'll be back, I reeeeeaaaally get depressed when it's time to leave. :cry:

Kwit35

NitroStitch said:
I only get the post-Disney blues every time I go to Disney and have to go back to the real world. No matter how often I'm at Disney and how soon I'll be back, I reeeeeaaaally get depressed when it's time to leave. :cry:
Okay, let me just point out where you live.......2 HOURS AWAY!!! and where the rest of us live....17-25 HOURS AWAY!!! You poor baby! :p Of course, this is all said with love, because I think I would still suffer PDD if I lived 5 minutes away.

rentNdisney

tigsmom said:
Malloy is still open? :lol:

:wave:

yup!! stanner high is still alive and kicking. Except *gasp* I'm a girl. Yes, defying the walkouts and alumni battles, they went coed 4 years ago. (its kind of a big deal if you know the school)

Tom

Beta Return
I get so engrossed in WDW with the boards, and tip sites, and reading the guide books and planning the trip - then we go on the trip for a week and just go gung-ho. We start the drive back to Indy and listen to the new Wishes, or Spectro or Illuminations CDs until about halfway, then the PDD sets in and we fade to the radio or other CDs.

Once we get home, it's almost like I don't even want to think about Disney or WDW at all - and I just pile all the stuff in the spare bedroom and forget and go about my life at work. Then, a few months later I start coming on here, looking at our pics and eventually jump feet-first back into it all.

I think it's worse than coming off alcoholism, for some people. I mean, its like a HUGE RUSH getting prepped for the trip for a year, then absolutely putting everything into the trip - and then just falling off the cliff at the end - like I don't even care that the company or parks exist. So weird.

spacemtnfanatic

I generally get it on the drive home from the Cleveland airport. We always have one final hurrah having lunch or an early dinner at MCO, so that is still part of the vacation so to speak.

That first day or two back is absolute hell though. This year wasn't bad, because I still had a week off before I had to go back to college. But in HS, we would get in late and I had to get up and go the next day (and start making up work from taking a few days off...but it still beat going during Spring Break)

The first few days back, I too just throw all my WDW souvenirs in a pile because it's just too painful. Then after about a week I get all WDW crazy. Then for about a month or two I have my "back at WDW dreams" that are always so depressing to wake up from.

Then, the day we plan our next trip I get all excited again. Then, I start getting super excited with about three months to go. Thena bout two weeks before we go, all the videos and stuff get watched and old brochures get read. I never do it right after a trip though..too depressing.

The photos, however, get looked at at least weekly.

Just hang in there. We've all been through it. Just remember, you will be back!!

Kwit35

edwardtc said:
I get so engrossed in WDW with the boards, and tip sites, and reading the guide books and planning the trip - then we go on the trip for a week and just go gung-ho. We start the drive back to Indy and listen to the new Wishes, or Spectro or Illuminations CDs until about halfway, then the PDD sets in and we fade to the radio or other CDs.

Once we get home, it's almost like I don't even want to think about Disney or WDW at all - and I just pile all the stuff in the spare bedroom and forget and go about my life at work. Then, a few months later I start coming on here, looking at our pics and eventually jump feet-first back into it all.

I think it's worse than coming off alcoholism, for some people. I mean, its like a HUGE RUSH getting prepped for the trip for a year, then absolutely putting everything into the trip - and then just falling off the cliff at the end - like I don't even care that the company or parks exist. So weird.
You hit it exactly. This is exactly what we go through. I am going tomorrow and I am already getting that ickey feeling in the pit of my stomach, just knowing that Sunday we will be driving AWAY from the magic. I am trying not to think about it, but that is how sick I am, when it comes to Disney. Disney IS my happy place.

LoriMistress

I know what you mean. When DH and I got back from WDW we missed it so much. We didn't want to come back to work, we wanted to take every penny we had in our bank account and stay there. We even talked about maybe working at WDW and staying in Florida so we can be closer to the magic, but that never happened.

Jekyll Baker

I think for me it usually starts a little bit as soon as I finish packing the car to leave WDW and I'm making a final check of my room to make sure I've gotten everything - you know, right before you walk out of the resort room for the last time (that trip). It's not that bad for the rest of that day, since many times I'll head back to MK for a bit before I actually make the drive home (only a 3-3.5 hour trip). Then PDD usually hits a day or two after I get home.

I have tried to get a one day fix (which I can only do when work isn't too busy, cause I usually only get 1 day off a week, and I don't want to be too tired the next day), but the 5-6 hours at WDW and the 7 hours on the road is exhausting and just makes me wish I could've stayed at least another day.

Nansafan

Our vacation involves very specific rules. Probably the most important one is that we do not mention, under any circumstances, the "H" word while in Disney. "H" being home. We also do not discuss the last day. When we refer to going home it is usually something like, "when we're done here" or "after Disney we'll do ...". The ride back to MCO is always very quiet and the flight back to Chicago is generally a solemn affair with everyone napping or staring blankly out the window. We do get through PDD but usually it takes the planning of a new trip to really get out of the blues.

vilegirl

We find that planning a new trip is definitely the best medicine for PDD! It's just the worst feeling in the world to come back though. :( Today I'm SO excited about our trip next week. Next week at this time - I'll actually be there. But the Wednesday after that - major PDD. It's good knowing that so many others understand. :)

-Linda

hunterfalcon

Last time I was at WDW was when I was 7. I'm 13 now. I still have flashes of PDD but it didn't really affect me as a kid. I got right back into thinking about another trip, and now we're finally going on one in June. But I'll have so many things to look foreward to this summer PDD shouldn't really affect me much. I'm coming home the night of July 3rd, so the 4th is always a great day.

DisneyWood

Agree 100%

vilegirl said:
We find that planning a new trip is definitely the best medicine for PDD! It's just the worst feeling in the world to come back though. :( Today I'm SO excited about our trip next week. Next week at this time - I'll actually be there. But the Wednesday after that - major PDD. It's good knowing that so many others understand. :)

-Linda

I really get the blues when I get back from our trip. I even start to get the blues a little prematurely, like the last day I am @ WDW. I, too, have to start planning another trip as soon as possible to help curb this feeling.

I have started to plan another trip for 2006, that my wife doesn't even know about yet. I also like to watch the home videos as well as the planning videos. I don't really know how to get rid of this feeling. My wife thinks I am completely insane to feel this way, and maybe she is correct. However, that doesn't help get rid of the feeling now does it?

We need to move closer to WDW but that just isn't possible right now :brick: .

I still haven't found a way to get rid of the feeling, but watching home videos and planning another trip helps the most.

December 2006 is our next trip :sohappy: :cry: :sohappy: :cry: :sohappy: :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom