Ever get picked to be onstage?

Debbie

Original Poster
Anyone ever been picked to be in Superstar Televion or the Monster Sound Show, or anything else in WDW? Let's hear about your experience!

mightyduck

My family got picked to lead the Magic Kingdom parade for the 15th anniversary one day... :) That was fun. :) We rode in a convertible, but it was raining, so the top was up... :(

DisneyFreak

Let's see, where should I start.......I've been:

The Indian Brave at the Hoop Dee Doo 3 times
Picked to do the hula at the Poly Luau twice
Been on Superstar TV 4 times (Cheers, News anchor, Soap Opera and Golden Girls)
Was the voice of Martin Short's character in Monster Sound twice
Had to sing "I'm a little teapot" at Prime Time Cafe in front of the whole restuarant because I didn't eat my veggies
Picked to do a some sort of worship dance at The Adventurers Club

I think that's it. :D

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Let's see, where should I start.......I've been:

The Indian Brave at the Hoop Dee Doo 3 times
Picked to do the hula at the Poly Luau twice
Been on Superstar TV 4 times (Cheers, News anchor, Soap Opera and Golden Girls)
Was the voice of Martin Short's character in Monster Sound twice
Had to sing "I'm a little teacup" at Prime Time Cafe in front of the whole restuarant because I didn't eat my veggies
Picked to do a some sort of worship dance at The Adventurers Club

I think that's it. :D

LOL....do you seek this out, or does it just come to you? ;)

And do you have pictures? I'll send you a blank--make me a copy of the hula video. ;)

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

LOL....do you seek this out, or does it just come to you? ;)

And do you have pictures? I'll send you a blank--make me a copy of the hula video. ;)

No, honestly, it just comes to me. I have no idea why they keep picking me for these things but I have a great time doing them. I have video and pictures of the Indian Brave and video of the hula. The teapot thing was rather embarrasing to say the least. I had to do the motions and everything and when I screwed up she made me start all over from the beginning. :D

Please e-mail me for your video requests. ;)

mightyduck

Originally posted by Maria
I was picked once to dance at the Luau, and help the guy with the knives... scary but fun.

That's it? You lived there for a long time and that's all you got picked for? ;) You need to hang with Freak...he's the man. ;) :)

woofboy111

I've never been picked, but my Dad always does for some reason. I always volenteer, and if I'm in the parks with him, he's usually the one to get picked, even though I'm trying really hard to get picked.

At Disney, he's been in Indiana Jones, and some others but thats the only one that comes to mind. At Universal though, they seem to pick him every time. On earthquake, he is always the "stunt Double" with lots of insurance that jumps off of the building. He's also gotten picked for Alfred Hitchcock, and I got a great video of him that I could use as blackmail if I want!!! Anyone want to see it?

Beauty and the

I've been picked to be the screamer in the Indie Stunt Show the DH videoed it all and the kids love to watch it all the time !

The whole family got to sit in contestants row in the Millionaire show

The kids have danced in the Lion King show and have carried Ice-cream in the "Be are Guest" part of the main street parade and haved danced with Hook and Pan at the end of the parade.

All in all I think we've been pretty lucky:) :) :)

sillyspook13

Picked to lead the "lion section" in Festival of the Lion King 3 times.
Picked to help Sergio with his juggling act twice.
Picked to help the juggler with his act. (only because the CMs told him it was my birthday)
Picked to be the baseball player in Superstar Television.
Picked to dance with Josh from American Vybe.
picked to hold the mask for Earth during Bella Fortuna 3-4 times.
Picked on by Sergio and American Vybe countless times.
Picked on while watching Masquerade, they tried to marry me off with random guys....
Picked to demonstrate the exercise bike at Innoventions House of the Future 3 times.

Wheee!!!! I bet I can think of more. Just give me some time.

Been onstage at DHR for the magic act in '81.

Was on the blue screen bee in the backlot tour with my sister.

I can hardly remember the first but the second was fun. They kept telling my sister stop smiling. You're hanging on to a bee for your life.

goofy

been to wdw 3 times ive been in 2 shows.

Both have been on the backstage tour at mgm.

In 1992 i was 8 me and my brother were at the far left hand side watchin the bit with the ships and water we were asked to go by a cast member to follow her (with my mum and dad) we got to fly on the bee in honey i shrunk the kids. (that bit is no longer part of the tour now). It was great especialy as i was 8.

Last year we were standin in the q watchin clips of con-air(am 17 at this point) wen a cast member came up and asked me and my mum to follow her. We put on welly's and yellow jackets and got to star in the bit with the water and boats (i believe it has a pearl harbour theme now) Well i was the driver of the boat. It was great even though i was 17.

Am going back next year and am hopin ill get to b in the indy stunt show (maybe as the guy in the pink shirt he always seems to get piked isnt he luky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) )

woofboy111

Originally posted by goofy
been to wdw 3 times ive been in 2 shows.

Both have been on the backstage tour at mgm.

In 1992 i was 8 me and my brother were at the far left hand side watchin the bit with the ships and water we were asked to go by a cast member to follow her (with my mum and dad) we got to fly on the bee in honey i shrunk the kids. (that bit is no longer part of the tour now). It was great especialy as i was 8.

Last year we were standin in the q watchin clips of con-air(am 17 at this point) wen a cast member came up and asked me and my mum to follow her. We put on welly's and yellow jackets and got to star in the bit with the water and boats (i believe it has a pearl harbour theme now) Well i was the driver of the boat. It was great even though i was 17.

Am going back next year and am hopin ill get to b in the indy stunt show (maybe as the guy in the pink shirt he always seems to get piked isnt he luky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) )

They let you go in that water scene in that backlot tour at 17. I offered to wait a few shows to do that once and they told me that you ad to be over 21 to volenteer for this!

<SRH>

Originally posted by woofboy111

They let you go in that water scene in that backlot tour at 17. I offered to wait a few shows to do that once and they told me that you ad to be over 21 to volenteer for this!

Why? Do they serve alcohol?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111

i did it when I was 16.. ages ago (well 3, almost 4 years ago :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom