Ever cheat a little on age???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudwrapper

Ok, so my daughter turns three in November. We are going to WDW in early January. I am telling WDW that she is still 2, which will save me about $300-$400. Should I feel bad about this, and is there any way they'll find out???

am i.....evil??? :drevil:

Trishnh

Be warned..you will get flamed for this question!:fork: ...Many people have done this..You are not alone. I, of course would never think of doing such a thing;) :lookaroun

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Evil, no - wrong, yes.

I'd say the biggest reason not to do would be any sort of guilt or embrassment it may cause you. 3yo's sometimes like to tell random strangers they're 3, especially if a savvy CM asks.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If there is any question on check-in, there's nothing to stop the CM from asking for your children's birth certificates as proof of age. If you're flying to WDW, the CM would know that you had to have birth certificates to board the planes, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect you to have them. [I assume if you don't fly, you'd still have to carry some form of proof the child is yours.]

Is it worth it to you to save a few hundred dollars? My moral compass wouldn't allow me to do it.

Upvote 0

MicheleK

PetePan said:
Oh god, I can see where this thread is headed...(backs away slowly).

Ya think!!

I have to admit, my daughter had just turned three WHILE we were in the park and still said she was two at meals (under 3 kids eat free, at least at the time, I don't know if the rules have changed, she's 11 now). Anyway, good luck. :wave:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
C.M. :"You are so cute. How old are you?"

Little girl :holds up three fingers "Free"

Mother :"I told you to tell them you were two!!"

Is it really worth it teaching a child to be dishonest? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

cdunbar

I did it last yr when I took my niece for the first time and told the CM when we bought the tickets that she was 10 hence still getting a childs ticket, she hadn't had a growth spurt in a couple of years, so I told a little white lie saved a few bucks though in all reality at that point she was 12, though now this woudlnt work had that long awaited growth spurt!:lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

I would just worry about haveing the CMs asking your daughter. I would say it's ok if your daughter was 15 and she wanted to go on a tour with the minimum age 16. But to me, it isn't worth setting a bad example for your daughter.

Upvote 0

iheartdisney91

you know what? its not wrong at all disney shouldnt charge 300 to 400 dollars just for one year. tell you what if some one else is going with you have only one person stay with the little girl and have just one person check in. but i didnt tell you this:lookaroun good luck

Upvote 0

trr313

I'm sure this thread will get out of control. I would say use your best judgement. Like the others said the only thing is that a cast member might ask your child how old they are. They have not done this with my daughter. As far as feeling bad, Disney makes tons of profit. Yes there are moral issues, but come on there are worse things in the world that people do, they might not admit it on this board though. Have a great trip.:wave:

Upvote 0
To everyone saying she'll teach the kid to be dishonest, the daughter is gonna be 3. I doubt telling a CM she's 2 instead of 3 would change her life.

I say safe yourself the money by saying she's two, and buy your daughter a nice little gift.

Upvote 0

SilentWindODoom

Nemo14 said:
*Gets out the lawn chairs and the marshmallows*

*pulls up a chair and takes out some graham crackers and hershey bars*

I admit that I really don't think this makes a great deal of difference to the Disney organization, although Disney isn't an organization I feel the will to stick it to. The only problem is I'm paranoid, and I'd be constantly worried about her breaking out with her being three.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
party0052.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom