Ever been scared to death on a ride?

Hyperion93

Original Poster
When I was 7 or 8 years old, I remember first going on ExtraTERRORestrial, and I was scared to death. I actually came out crying. Has something similar ever happened to any of you?

My fist experience of AE was about the same, at least the anticipation was getting me nervous, once I was in the attraction and it was underway I was okay.

David

Actually, I enjoy scary rides, so I was really anticipating AE. Maybe I was anticipating it too much, 'cause when I came out I was disappointed that I was not shaking in my boots.

Terp02

When I was 2.5 years old, my family went on our first trip to WDW. My favorite attraction was Country Bears, but I was deathly afraid of the talking wall animals. I went to the attraction three times, but because I was so scared I didn't go back to see it until i was 8. Also the first time I went on AE, which is when I was 14, it scared the ________ out of me (not literally).

General Grizz

LOL...When I was a young 'un Liver Lips was my scarer at CBJ. The Heads seemed friendly..except for Buff...LOL

However...I don't think I was every scared almost to death on an attraction, except maybe HM (I hate those popping up ghouls)...

i remember when i was 10 or 9 i went on astro orbiters and it scared the s@#t out of me.My dad is afrad of heights and he passed that gene to me.So when i went on it i didn't want to go up in the "rocket" but my dad kept putting it up all the way to take pictures of the castle.i came off of it almost in tears and then ran to my mom crying and hugging her.I hate heights.:cry:

Maria

This was not in Disney, but in Circus World. We were going to ride the giant Octopuss (wheel and spoke) and I was probably 8 years old and my mom and brother were riding with me. We get in the ride and on this specific one, each "car" went up and down and spinning at the same time, the octopuss was huge (at least to me), and when we got seated, they put me alone in one car, and I was slipping out of it because I was so little that I was able to pass under the bar! So with the spinning of the car, I really feared for my life falling from that freaking car! I was crying, and my mom was in panic from the other car watching her daughter fight gravity trying to get ahold of the walls! I still get goose bumps when I think about it. I ride we didn´t enjoy and the only one I have cried at. :(

ToTBellHop

OMG...I had the same experience on one of those stupid Octopus rides! Those cars arch a little bit past 90º, and of course I was at that angle as the cars were stopped to let people out! I was horrified!!!

BSikor

When I was young I had to be dragged on Space Mountain by my uncle (Im not big on roller coasters). Anywho, I remain calm the entire que, but sweating bullets and about to crap my paints I was so scared. Just the sight of the cars and the sound of the screams, made it 10 times worse. We finalyl get in the car, my heart beating 1 million times a minute, and the car advances to the "Prepare for Launch" section. (The left track if your interested). The announcment screams "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off". I waited. "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off". It still sat there. "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off", "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off". Then an voice came over the intercom. "Attention to Mountain, Attention to Mountain. Please remain seated we are having technical dificulties. Please remain seated." "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off". The ride was stopped? I was freaking out. There was something wrong with the rollercoaster!?!? "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off":zipit: Then the lights came on in the small waiting area are car was stuck in. Workers running by. Announcments being made to remain seated. People were being taken off the ride and cars sent down one by one empty. From what I hear its a problem with the breaking system. Mind you Im pretty young and already deathly afraid of this thing and this is not making it any better. After sitting there for over 20 minutes, the lights shut off and the annoying "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off", started up again. The ride began and we were off. Lets just say "White knuckles" the whole way. When I got off the ride, my legs were jello, I help on the the ramp railing and took in all the views of RICA1. I still think of it every time I go and here "Attention flight safety prepare for blast off".:lookaroun

Wilt Dasney

My first few times on Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain, I was always worried that I was going to bump my head on some of the overarching structures (caves, rafters, tracks, etc.) scattered throughout the rides. I swear it always seemed like they were just a hair's width away.

My dad then explained to me that one of the purposes in the construction of the rides was to make things seem closer than they really were and give the illusion of physical danger; I was pretty much OK after that (but I still get a tad nervous anyway; guess it's something I won't ever shake totally).

Smitty

The beams and the like on Space Mountain aren't really all that far away. I have a lot of players on my AAU basketball that are 6'7'' and above that aren't allowed to ride because they are too tall.

As for being scared on a Disney ride, the only time I was really worried was my first time on Tower of Terror right after it opened. I was so nervous, but I loved it and still do now.

X Zoe X

When i was about 5, it was the first time i'd been to WDW and i went on Space Mountain...i cried the whole time. i have never hated anything so much in my life! I went on again last year and i still didnt like it....:eek:

tinkrbel

the first time I rode TOT .. I just knew I was going to have a heart attack!! it wasnt until 1999 that I finally opened my eyes when they opened the doors .. and I still have to close my eyes at the drop on SM

SteveUK

The first time on TOT was quite bad but thats partly due to the build-up from my friend who had been on before and tried to scare me. I still dont know how they managed to hoist the elevator up with the load that was lodged in my shoe!
Great ride though

Maria

Speaking of ToT..... I love that ride, but I was really scared only once, when I rode it sitting next to a big guy and the bar didn´t touch my lap because he was too big. After the first drop, I was standing up the whole ride! I couldn´t manage to sit up again! Awful!! I was in panic.... Too bad I didn´t buy the pic... I should´ve done it... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom