Ever been picked for Backlot Tour?

TestTrack

As I said in a previous thread very similar to this one:

I got picked for the two coolest things in WDW.

1. I rode the HISTK Bumble Bee back in the day

and

2. Soaked in the control room of the ship in the BL tour.

imagineersrock

Just ask.

Simply tell any greeter or CM at the front of the line that you would like to volunteer. They will gladly put you in the next show if it's available or in one of the next few shows if you are willing to wait.

Any family members who don't participate will be allowed to wait to see your "performance." After you finish, you are more than welcome to stick around and watch the following show from the audience. (Highly recommended if you are with any first-timers.) That way, they get to see how the whole show comes together.

I definitely suggest doing it, it's a ton of fun and it makes for something great your family can laugh about all day/the rest of your trip.

:wave:

kirkytpt

i was :D

i was picked in summer 2004. my first visit 2 wdw :sohappy:
wed just gone bk 2 mgm afta goin bk 2 r resort to freshen up lol. they asked 4 volenteers ova 16 n i was like yea! didnt know wat i had 2 do tho. cudnt believe it wen i ended up gettin a brand new dress soaked lol. but it was a wkd experience! and running about the ship madly was great fun! my parents n sis we glad of it tho coz wed only just joined the queue n the got 2 go straight in lol :) . but yea its a shame u dont get 2 see the finished film aftawards.:(

Melika05

I, too, go to ride the HISTK Bee. We were at the front of the line, as well, and had a large group, so it made it especially fun (there were 8 of us!). My dad and his friend got picked for the water scene, and then myself and my friend got picked for the bee scene. I can't believe that was so long ago!

joanna71985

I got picked 3 times for captain, mechanic, and deck crew (comic relief). It was a lot of fun, but do you get wet. As the mechanic I got SOAKED!!:lol:

sillyspook13

I was picked twice: once as the mechanic, once as the captain. Both times I was a total ham. My favorite wa the mechanic, not just because of having the water dumped on me, but because we had the best deck crew that morning. At one point one was leaning over, the other acted really scared and dove between his legs...:lol:

bgraham34

I was never picked for this and I always wanted too. My next trip i want to be picked because its my friends first time in the parks.

coasterphil

Just make sure you end up at the front of the line going into the show. Just hang back if you are supposed to be going, and they usually just pick some people. I'm sure asking wouldn't hurt though.

I was the mechanic on my last trip.

wvugeoggrad

The first time me and my friend did the backlot we were running to catch a show and the CM asked us if we wanted to be a part of it, we were like um sure, we had NO idea what we were getting into. We had a blast though being the deckhands, I just wish we had some friends or family with us to see us being all crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom