ESPN Club Done For Good?

optjay

I think both of those restaurants were always completely subpar. Tried them both multiple times when we just wanted to eat something and found them bot lacking. I understand not wanting to stay at the villas because no food options are open, but they can do WAY better than these two horrible restaurants.
The Baseball themed restaurant they already have in the Magic Kingdom... Casey's.
What could be a better inspiration and source material than the actual Jersey Shore Boardwalk itself? Lots of ideas for something fun and beautiful...Boardwalk style food.. another ice cream parlor so you don't have to wait hours to get into beaches and cream... TOns of ideas! ...Just not ESPN and Big River...lol
I do agree, but, food choices at boardwalk are few, so ESPN, and Big river are important.
ESPN, while subpar, does the trick. I do like Big river how ever.

Stead001

I have absolutely no way of validating this so please take as a rumor but I’ve been told the interior of ESPN club is already gutted and the building will be coming down? Just curious if anybody has heard something similar? Wasn’t a huge fan of the food but it was neat to be in there when they were broadcasting. It also added some life to that end of the boardwalk.
Building isn’t coming down. The word on the street is big river will be moving into the location. Not sure if they will take up the whole thing. Not sure if anyone else has made that comment or not. You got over 100 reply’s. Lol. Read some of them.

castlecake2.0

Building isn’t coming down. The word on the street is big river will be moving into the location. Not sure if they will take up the whole thing. Not sure if anyone else has made that comment or not. You got over 100 reply’s. Lol. Read some of them.
Interesting... I could see them maybe expanding and using the ample hills area as the brewery area? But ESPN didn’t seem to be struggling so I wonder why they’d give it up. Curious to see what will develop.

Bocabear

If Big River moved into ESPN they would have more than enough room without taking the Ample Hiss space... More importantly would be what would be moving into the vacant spot... Perhaps a Boardwalk Beaches and Cream table service with sundaes and food... like the one across the lake that is always mobbed... It would bring a casual dining spot and also a great thematic fit for The Boardwalk... Maybe a restaurant and ice cream parlor with menu themed to "Boardwalk Eats"... Sundaes, Sausage sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Burgers... nicely prepared in a table service setting....but I think something like that, beautifully and heavily themed to early 20th century Boardwalk Entertainments would be so popular they would need the ESPN location...and maybe more.

Rambozo

The Baseball themed restaurant they already have in the Magic Kingdom... Casey's.
What could be a better inspiration and source material than the actual Jersey Shore Boardwalk itself? Lots of ideas for something fun and beautiful...Boardwalk style food.. another ice cream parlor so you don't have to wait hours to get into beaches and cream... TOns of ideas! ...Just not ESPN and Big River...lol

Yeah, I thought about that afterwards. But at least it is in a table setting rather than a quick service. If that doesn't fit than maybe it could showcase all sports in the early days, that would differentiate it from Casey's.

Whatever it is has to be better than the current bland ones. I could go to places like Espn and Big River on Irlo Bronson.

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Haha Tough keeping up this week thanks to life challenges but first I’ve heard the big river possibility. As a fan if their beer, that sounds great! Thanks for sharing :)

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
I think both of those restaurants were always completely subpar. Tried them both multiple times when we just wanted to eat something and found them bot lacking. I understand not wanting to stay at the villas because no food options are open, but they can do WAY better than these two horrible restaurants.
IMO, Big River is perfect for what it is. When we’re in Epcot with the younger ones, we’ll happily walk over there vs electric umbrella (rip wall of carpet) or what used to be at America. Even the basic cheeseburger platter is FAR better than what Disney serves for basically the same price. The kids meals are the same price and include larger portions along with appetizers and a decent dessert. Throw in the craft beer and it fills a decent void; for us at least. But I get what you’re saying.

DC0703

It would be great if The Boardwalk received a quick service upgrade, there is so much potential for the ESPN spot being the closest to the park but I feel like the area lacks easily seated, air conditioned quick service. Whether thats ESPN or Atlantic Dancehall I am not fussed.

This is what I really want as well. The Boardwalk is one of our favorite resorts to stay at, but the quick service situation in the Crescent Lake area is terrible. For me, it's doubly so - I have a severe nut allergy, so everything at the Boardwalk Bakery and the Pizza window (which uses dough made in the bakery) are completely unsafe per Disney. If I want something quick, I need to go in the parks or take a bus to Disney Springs. Considering how many people (and especially kids) that have nut allergies these days, many of whom undoubtedly stay at that hotel, a better quick service option is long overdue.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Anymore news or updates on the future of the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom